Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I play for PVP so what's the point of playing?

I just don't find PVP enjoyable anymore.

1) Ashran is terrible. This is what they envision pvp to be like and I just don't get it. There's no skill involved you just hang out and attack NPCS and occasionally players.

2) Gladiators Coliseum is ridiculous. 25 players in a free for all in a tiny room. How was that ever a good idea? And then it rewards a piece of gear if you win, but only the most OP classes ever win.

3) Class balance is worse than ever. Rets, ferals and dks on every single team. Hybrid classes have way too much utility and still do the same damage as the damage classes...how is that balanced?

4) Racials still deciding games is just ridiculous.

5) It's harder than ever to cap out points and gear every week. You used to do arenas + 1 world boss and you were done for the week. Now you have to do arenas + ashran (3 hour queue if you're lucky) + 3 rbg WINS + win the gladiator coliseum every week. So time consuming for a chance at RNG gear, but if you aren't lucky you don't get the gear and you fall behind.

Just no logic to PVP right now, I don't get it.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

Deleted
    No. Class balance is not worse than ever, did you even play MoP at the start or Wrath? Your other points are valid though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post

1) Ashran is terrible. This is what they envision pvp to be like and I just don't get it. There's no skill involved you just hang out and attack NPCS and occasionally players.

2) Gladiators Coliseum is ridiculous. 25 players in a free for all in a tiny room. How was that ever a good idea? And then it rewards a piece of gear if you win, but only the most OP classes ever win.

3) Class balance is worse than ever. Rets, ferals and dks on every single team. Hybrid classes have way too much utility and still do the same damage as the damage classes...how is that balanced?

5) It's harder than ever to cap out points and gear every week. You used to do arenas + 1 world boss and you were done for the week. Now you have to do arenas + ashran (3 hour queue if you're lucky) + 3 rbg WINS + win the gladiator coliseum every week. So time consuming for a chance at RNG gear, but if you aren't lucky you don't get the gear and you fall behind.

Same old qq every time.

If you dont like Ashran dont go there. Its 200 points, if you're a good pvp'er it wont matter just raise the cap.
    Class balance has always been a problem. Now its ret/feral/dk. So your mad because its not all teams that are war/mage/druid like all other xpacs.... There will always be fotm class get over it or quit.

there will always be fotm.

always.

there is no escape.

Seems like you are not enjoying anything this game. Maybe you need a break.

Besides Ashran is fun, everything doesn't need to be rated, some random pvp is always fun.

Just do what you enjoy, I myself prefer arena, duels and random BGs. I occasionally visit Ashran and I just started doing Highmaul Arena but I won the first game so I can't do anything more there now until next week though.
    If none of these PvP settings are enjoyable for you, or it is too few of the things you like, then you should obviously consider quitting. No point paying for something you don't like.

1. Ashran is indeed terrible, unless you are on the winning side of course but even then queues are atrocious for most Ashrans.
    2. Indeed it is also terrible, and the reward way too good imo.
    3. I don't agree. Yes rets/ferals/discs/dks are really good atm, but things have been so much worse in the past.
    4. The only racial that decides games is the human one, everything else is good. Personally I don't mind it since I kinda like that alliance is now the main pvp faction like the horde was for years.
    5. Agreed, the cap and bonus cp gear is way too spread out. I especially don't like what they did to RBGs.

Deleted
    So time consuming for a chance at RNG gear, but if you aren't lucky you don't get the gear and you fall behind.
    Season doesn't end as soon as 1 person hits fully geared. Cap your 1500 conq first week, do arena to raise the cap then cap it the second week. Keep raising the cap and capping it and in a month or two you'll be fully geared just like all those RNGods then you can show em what you're made of champ. Fully geared you'll be r1 in no time I'm sure. Seriously, does anyone even care about rankings all that much till the last month?

I actually feel like this is the best class balance we've seen at the beginning of an expansion. All healers are viable, rets, ferals, dks, warriors, rogues, hunters, boomkins, and locks are all GOOD. Most of the other classes/specs are viable as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    class balance is still better than it was during MoP, it's like people just forgot completely

Deleted

People keep calling rets op. I'm just not getting it. Our survivability is decent after the nerf and our damage is fine yet people still complain, can you actually explain what is wrong with the current classes instead of just calling them hybrids? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    People keep calling rets op. I'm just not getting it. Our survivability is decent after the nerf and our damage is fine yet people still complain, can you actually explain what is wrong with the current classes instead of just calling them hybrids? Please.
    I'm not going to go as far as saying ret is overpowered, but its probably the strongest melee dps spec right now. The burst is incredible and its very hard to keep them CC'ed. Bubble when you get them lower plus unless you constantly purge/lock them down they can outheal nearly any dps so they must be focus target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zula95 View Post
    I'm not going to go as far as saying ret is overpowered, but its probably the strongest melee dps spec right now. The burst is incredible and its very hard to keep them CC'ed. Bubble when you get them lower plus unless you constantly purge/lock them down they can outheal nearly any dps so they must be focus target.
    Burst is incredible? I'm fully geared ret and against another fully geared player my only real burst comes out when I use wings with other cd's + trinket. My burst isn't all that special actually. Also keeping us CC'd is hard? How? Sure we have Hand of Freedom to be immune to slows for a few seconds, but in terms of CC's, the only cooldown we have is Hand of Protection or Trinket to get out of stuns. Also bubble when we get low, hows that any different than a mage using ice block or hunters using that ability they have to dodge every attack? "Outheal" any dps is just stupid. My flash heal does not outheal anything, if someone focuses me I cannot outheal them, not even close. Flash heal is only effective when it procs, which is barely.

DK's currently destroy me 1v1, I do 0 dmg against them. So you can put them on your "best melee spec"
    Last edited by mmoce1e4818072; 2014-12-14 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    Burst is incredible? I'm fully geared ret and against another fully geared player my only real burst comes out when I use wings with other cd's + trinket. My burst isn't all that special actually. Also keeping us CC'd is hard? How? Sure we have Hand of Freedom to be immune to slows for a few seconds, but in terms of CC's, the only cooldown we have is Hand of Protection or Trinket to get out of stuns. Also bubble when we get low, hows that any different than a mage using ice block or hunters using that ability they have to dodge every attack? "Outheal" any dps is just stupid. My flash heal does not outheal anything, if someone focuses me I cannot outheal them, not even close. Flash heal is only effective when it procs, which is barely.

DK's currently destroy me 1v1, I do 0 dmg against them. So you can put them on your "best melee spec"
    90% of Ret paladin's strength right now comes from its synergy and utility, on their own they're a joke so I wouldn't bother trying to compare it 1v1. Also don't forget hand of sacrifice, arguably the best of all the anti-CCs with everyone using mark of the shattered hand.

15+ Year Old Account
    After ret being spit on and tossed aside throughout MoP for PVP I say good for them.

I mean I can't tell you how many OQ groups I was in where a top flight ret pally with linkable 2200 ratings wouldn't get taken for RBG's just because they brought nothing to the table.

I will say of any of the classes right now people are complaining about ret pallies should be at the bottom of the list. For chrissakes every spec deserves a moment in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    After ret being spit on and tossed aside throughout MoP for PVP I say good for them.

I mean I can't tell you how many OQ groups I was in where a top flight ret pally with linkable 2200 ratings wouldn't get taken for RBG's just because they brought nothing to the table.

I will say of any of the classes right now people are complaining about ret pallies should be at the bottom of the list. For chrissakes every spec deserves a moment in the sun.
    Or hear me out here.... they balance the fucking game.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

Deleted

It's hard to take you seriously as a "fully geared" ret who knows their stuff when you fail to mention the 2p buff you get from gear under your list of stuff about cc. It's nerfed now but before it was one of the main reasons rets were crazy good and un-cc-able. 25% is still pretty good too.

Alright, ill tackle the points.

1) Ashran is better now then it was at the start of WoD, but yeah, its kinda boring. Im already exalted, almost have the 5k kills off the road achievement. I don't think it complete trash, but I feel like they were trying to capture vanilla AV, and they didn't. Most of the time, when pushing, im attacking npcs. And im range, I cant even imagine melee in here, I actually feel sorry for you guys.

2) Yep, the coliseum is trash. For fun, ive been keeping track of the amount of times ive entered, and whats won. Ive que'd 33 times (im done que'ing for awhile), ive seen rets win 16 times, prot pally win twice, dks win 6 times, ferals 2 times, boomkin 2 times, disc once, rogue once, warlock once (he got in with buddies, they let him win), and prot glad warriors 2 times.

3) Worse ever? God no. Balanced? God no, not even remotely. I remember a post about WoD pvp some ways back, talking about how they were going to work hard to balance to pvp and do things right, and ashran would be amazing. They missed that by a lot. And to another poster, I hate crying "OP OP OP", but rets are stupid strong atm, if you don't see it as ret you are either trying to convince people you are aren't strong to you can stay in your current state or....well....maybe you just aren't very good?

4) Yeah, pretty much. As sad as it is, I have this bad feeling they'll never fix this.

5) I don't agree with this, yeah ashran que part sucks, but ive been finding it actually easier to cap conquest. Arena is a little stale cause EVERY team has either and or all of Dks, Rets, Disc, Warrior...but that's against the point.

you have utility that is unmatched, when the meta is kill the healer or cc the healer to death ret has the tool kit to stop both. You have better damage then most melee and specs in general, better mobility then most, and believe it or not even after the nerfs better surviability then most.

in short in damage, surviability, mobility and utility you are better then nearly every other spec in at least 3 of those categories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post

There is difference between the best in a role and flat out demi-god mode.

to quote cdew "just playing with friends; random comps. If I cared about my rating I will play with a ret"