Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ...
    Highly situation dependant. Defile deals double dmg if it hits 2 targets, so just for that situation it would probably be worth it. Delaying it 15 sec every time by 15 sec for an add spawn? Again depends on the dmg gained vs dmg lost by defile uses. Also need to keep in mind that defile is still a trade and not free, so if you lose on a defile you lose defile dmg - SS dmg and not the whole defile.
    Additionally if you use defile on Multi target you increase the percentual gain over using SS for it, as SS dmg does not scale with targets.

Shouldn't be too hard to calculate, as you simply need fight length, add spawn rate and the time the add lives per spawn. You look at synchronisation of defile and add spawn over the whole fight and the dmg it does and look at the scenario where you delay defile for every add spawn, if possible and add that dmg up.
    Aside from scabbard we also have barely any cd which influence defile dmg drastically as unholy and as scabbard lasts longer than defile and is a flat gain this is also not too hard to add up and might not even matter much on average, since its natural line up would be every 3 defiles and allows some delays due to its duration.

Breath is a similar story, although the gain from another target is smaller and gets even smaller for every other additonal target so that in the end correct line up with CDs over the whole fight is likely to be more important due to its CD being much higher than defile.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep, you're under the soft cap where haste's value falls below multistrike, that's all.

Also remember-- if multistrike and versatility are close, always pick versatility. You get a ton of survivability in exchange for a little bit of damage. The very small damage loss will never make a difference, but the enormous damage mitigation probably will.
    I must also be under the soft cap as haste sims out ahead for me as well. What is the haste soft cap?

Like I said earlier, it was simmed to be ~450 haste rating a couple months back. Haven't seen updated sims since, that may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Like I said earlier, it was simmed to be ~450 haste rating a couple months back. Haven't seen updated sims since, that may have changed.
    That's definitely not even close with my current character & sim's that I run. I'm at 726 haste and still show haste slightly > MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    That's definitely not even close with my current character & sim's that I run. I'm at 726 haste and still show haste slightly > MS.
    I plotted MS and haste scaling for my char earlier today, and haste was still better over 1k haste.
    Still, that'd be with no other changes on my gear, I'm sure things will change when I get to 660+ ilvl (640 currently).

So I have played around with simming some today and Haste appears to scale higher than MS for me when I select the RC talent, but MS scales higher for BT/RE. I am still experimenting but I don't really understand why this is the case. There is another thread here about that specifically so I am digesting that information.

I don't know why that would happen either. Maybe simcraft doesn't model RC correctly? Its duration inversely scales with haste.

So I have played around with simming some today and Haste appears to scale higher than MS for me when I select the RC talent, but MS scales higher for BT/RE. I am still experimenting but I don't really understand why this is the case. There is another thread here about that specifically so I am digesting that information.
    With my gear, haste scales better even with RE. Haven't simmed BT yet.

Actually I think that is a bug because RC duration inversely scales with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by rituel521 View Post
    Actually I think that is a bug because RC duration inversely scales with haste.
    Well let's not rule out the possibility of user error on my part running the sims.

Deleted
    With the latest update to simcraft my sims are now showing

Unholy, Mastery>Vers>haste>Multi>Crit

2H Frost, Haste>Vers>Mastery>Multi>Crit

Is this correct?

That looks completely out of line with reality. Arguing that multistrike is inferior to mastery (for unholy) is something, but putting it below versatility and haste?!?!?

Okay, I'm far from BiS but I simmed my gear just now and I'm getting the classic:
    Str > Wdps > Mult > Mastery > Crit > Vers > Haste

edit: Unholy of course.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2014-12-18 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldyplod View Post
    With the latest update to simcraft my sims are now showing

Unholy, Mastery>Vers>haste>Multi>Crit

2H Frost, Haste>Vers>Mastery>Multi>Crit

Is this correct?
    That looks like a PvP scenario. Although I've trouble finding the button for MS reduction, only found that option for crit.

For PvP this would makes sense, for a PvE scenario not. MS and crit aren't that low for Uh and Frost and MS should be the clear winner for both on ST with defile and also NP. For BoS is see some changes in the value of haste for frost, actually it sims over MS currently and as breath is way more significant % wise in reality than the sim currently models the value of haste might also be in a relatively good state for unholy although that would need probably confirmation by a simv ersion which actually can reflect real BoS usage.

Stat Priorities for ST/Defile should be the following for almost all scenarios:

Unholy: MS > Mastery > Crit > Vers > haste => crit/vers/haste can get similar value for some current gear combinations.

Frost: MS > Haste > Vers > Crit > Mastery => At very low haste levels or increased down time (BoS specced) haste can take over MS to some degree.

Deleted
    from my sims with ilvl 664 and a shit wpn.

Unholy: Str > Wpds > MS > Mastery > Crit > Vers > Haste
    Frost: Wpds >>> Str > Ms > Haste = Vers > Crit = Master