Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Is there no way to do this in a macro? In the fashion of "is one of those items in the inventory then show it (and tooltip of it) on the button)"
    #showtooltip
    /use Fuzzy Pear
    /use Greenskin Apple
    /use O'ruk Orange
    /use Ironpeel Plantain
    /use Giant Nagrand Cherry

Trying to do following macro:

/cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger

Obviously it doesn't work because there's the , in there. So far I've tried it with ( ) and [ ] around it. Any way to make that ability macroable? :|
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    I tried to write a macro for Dispell in arena but it didnt work for me. I'm sure i wrote something wrong so I am asking for help here.
    I'm interested in a macro for Purify Spirit in 3v3. What i want to do is dispelling without changing target. Something like:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl][target=name];[mod:shift][target=name] Purify Spirit
    So when I press "e" (key bind) to dispell my debuffs, when i press "Ctrl E" to dispell partener 1, when i press shift E to dispell partener 2.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiq View Post
    I tried to write a macro for Dispell in arena but it didnt work for me. I'm sure i wrote something wrong so I am asking for help here.
    I'm interested in a macro for Purify Spirit in 3v3. What i want to do is dispelling without changing target. Something like:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl][target=name];[mod:shift][target=name] Purify Spirit
    So when I press "e" (key bind) to dispell my debuffs, when i press "Ctrl E" to dispell partener 1, when i press shift E to dispell partener 2.
    Thank you.
    Could you not just put "/targetlasttarget" at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    #showtooltip
    /use Fuzzy Pear
    /use Greenskin Apple
    /use O'ruk Orange
    /use Ironpeel Plantain
    /use Giant Nagrand Cherry
    That's what I currently use, but it only shows the tooltip if I have the first fruit in the list :x

Quote Originally Posted by Elexander View Post
    Even if Riptide is glyphed to remove the cd? I am just trying to find a better way to blanket riptide on the raid for healing coverage. Tough for a lame ass clicker like me... Thanks anyway!
    Perfect excuse to start binding. Bind riptide, remove it from bar, do low-stress things and learn to press that bind. That's how you start. One by one. You'll get frustrated but each new bind is easier and easier, faster, and lower reaction time...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Trying to do following macro:

/cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger

Obviously it doesn't work because there's the , in there. So far I've tried it with ( ) and [ ] around it. Any way to make that ability macroable? :|
    Looking around on the interwebs, a comma with a simple /cast doesn't actually seem to be an issue? For example searching this and you'll see many macros with that in it, with nobody seeming to complain that it's a problem.

Are you sure it's not misspelled in-game? Or paired with something else perhaps?
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    That's what I currently use, but it only shows the tooltip if I have the first fruit in the list :x
    It's actually super-hard to have a nice macro for this without an addon; you might consider http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/muchmoremunch or http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/auto-drink, both of which let you have custom priorities, and update the macro automagically for what you prefer.

Otherwise, just ditch the "?" icon for some random food icon and live with the fact that your macro doesn't show a count.

Need some advice from some macro gods. I thought of this macro at work, and was wondering if it would work.

/cast [target=Fungal Flesh-Eater,exists,harm,nodead] mind freeze; mind freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Junitt View Post
    Need some advice from some macro gods. I thought of this macro at work, and was wondering if it would work.

/cast [target=Fungal Flesh-Eater,exists,harm,nodead] mind freeze; mind freeze

Not sure what you're going for? That macro doesn't really do anything, it casts Mind Freeze if your target is Fungal Flesh-Eater, otherwise it casts Mind Freeze. If you want to cast AT a Fungal Flesh-Eater if one is available, and cast on whatever your target is if no Flesh-Eater is is available, then I don't believe that's possible. Normally the syntax would just be /cast @name, but that only works with people in your group, not enemies.

You could break them up with a modifier with something like:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar [mod:shift] Fungal Flesh-Eater
    /use [mod:shift] Mind Freeze
    /targetlasttarget [mod:shift]
    /use Mind Freeze

On the Imperator Mar'gok fight, I would like to be able to Life Cocoon my Tank and give them "Tiger's lust" to quickly get out of range of the raid. Is this possible to have a macro do these 2 actions? I have not found a way to do this 2 hours later.

Latest Attempt:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, help][help][target=targettarget, help][target=player] Life cocoon
    /cast Tiger's Lust

Quote Originally Posted by Crianna View Post
    On the Imperator Mar'gok fight, I would like to be able to Life Cocoon my Tank and give them "Tiger's lust" to quickly get out of range of the raid. Is this possible to have a macro do these 2 actions? I have not found a way to do this 2 hours later.

Latest Attempt:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, help][help][target=targettarget, help][target=player] Life cocoon
    /cast Tiger's Lust
    Are they both on the GCD? If so, you can't.

If not, the macro would not work if say, you were using the "mouseover" condition on Life Cocoon, and expecting Tiger's lust to be on that same mouseover. You would need that same conditional on that ability.

http://www.macroexplain.com/

This site can be very helpful if you are unfamiliar with how macros are structured.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Thanks Spiral - both are on a GCD time to hotkey some stuff instead!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I've been trying to get this macro to work.

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:4/2]Shockwave;[talent:4/3]Dragon Roar;[talent:4/1]Storm Bolt
    /focus [mod]
    /cast [talent:4/2]Shockwave;[talent:4/3]Dragon Roar;[talent:4/1,@focus,exists,harm][talent:4/1,@arena2,nodead,exists][talent:4/1]Storm Bolt
    What I want it to do is the following;
    - If I have Shockwave talented, cast Shockwave.
    - If I have Dragon Roar talented, cast Dragon Roar
    - If I have Storm Bolt talented do the following;
    - If a focus target exists, and it is harmful, cast it on Focus, else ...
    - If a focus target doesn't exist, or it is friendly, cast it on Arena2 if Arena2 exists and isn't dead, else ...
    - If there isn't a focus target, or an Arena2 target, cast it on my current target.
    - If I use a modifier while using the macro, set my current target as my focus target.

This macro works fine outside of instances, but it malfunctions in Battlegrounds. I am not 100% sure if it works in arenas.

Can you help me please? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!

~Tom
    Warlock (SL main)

Is there anyway to make a macro that Flash of Lights my targetoftarget but if i cast ctrl or shift it makes it cast on myself.

Actually would it be something like this?

/cast [mod:shift,@targettarget]Flash of Light

But instead i cast shift and it heals my targetoftarget
    Last edited by ProphetNoata; 2014-12-21 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata View Post
    Is there anyway to make a macro that Flash of Lights my targetoftarget but if i cast ctrl or shift it makes it cast on myself.
    This should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift/ctrl,@player][@targettarget] Flash of Light
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Okay guys, I have a slight macro issue here because I'm not sure what I want is possible.

The short is I have a macro(non working, obviously)

#showtooltip
    /use [nomod] Healing Touch; [mod:ctrl] Soothe
    /use [mod:alt] Incarnation: King of the Jungle
    /use [mod:alt] Force of Nature

The buttons work, problem is if I'm specced into force of nature, it wont show the tooltip for it, the tooltip for kotj works fine. Ideally I'd like to be able to see all four. I realize these aren't the best abilities to macro together, I was simple trying to see if I could get the tooltip to work for two talented spells while still being able to show non talents.

I would like a macro for Twins that allows me to stay dpsing on Phemos, but when Serpent Sting dies out on Pol, I want to click the macro, it will clear my target on Phemos, and then switch to Pol, cast Arcane Shot and then switch back to Phemos. Is this possible? If not, what is the best alternative macro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I would like a macro for Twins that allows me to stay dpsing on Phemos, but when Serpent Sting dies out on Pol, I want to click the macro, it will clear my target on Phemos, and then switch to Pol, cast Arcane Shot and then switch back to Phemos. Is this possible? If not, what is the best alternative macro?
    I think this is what you're asking for. I don't know why you'd need to clear your target first, rather than just switch straight to Pol.

Code:
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /cleartarget
    /tar Pol
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /tar Phemos
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Randaagulf View Post
    Okay guys, I have a slight macro issue here because I'm not sure what I want is possible.

The short is I have a macro(non working, obviously)

#showtooltip
    /use [nomod] Healing Touch; [mod:ctrl] Soothe
    /use [mod:alt] Incarnation: King of the Jungle
    /use [mod:alt] Force of Nature

The buttons work, problem is if I'm specced into force of nature, it wont show the tooltip for it, the tooltip for kotj works fine. Ideally I'd like to be able to see all four. I realize these aren't the best abilities to macro together, I was simple trying to see if I could get the tooltip to work for two talented spells while still being able to show non talents.
    #showtooltip [talent:4/2] incarnation; [talent:4/3] Force of nature;

that should work replace (4) with other number for other talents: number defines the talent tier. Doesn't have to show the tooltip of incarnation or force of nature, you can type anything you want. [talentx/x] is the condition.

EG: let's say #showtooltip [talent:7/3] sooth. It's going to show the tooltip of sooth if you spec into claws of shirvala which is the third ability on the 7th talent row

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I think this is what you're asking for. I don't know why you'd need to clear your target first, rather than just switch straight to Pol.

Code:
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /cleartarget
    /tar Pol
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /tar Phemos

How do I turn this into a shift macro so that it will cast Arcane shot on my current target and only switch if I press shift. But I still want it to go back to my original target.