10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have issues with the combat. It is so half assed to me.

Deleted
    Just re subbed to the game although still subbed to WoW(log in for a few hours a week for PvP). Looking forward to update 6, everything that bugged me before is gone so that's me in for the long haul. Forgot how amazing this game is: story, visuals, better combat, crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    say what now? or do you mean how it's kind of iffy on how well it works right now cause there is a lfg tool.
    There is a LFG tool but it's nor working.
    We submitted bug reports / customer support tickets.
    No reply.
    Pathetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    The PS4 version that is being released soon, I can't find any information for specifically the PS4, but heard rumors that the PS4 version will just requires PSN, no need for a ESO Subscription? Anyone able to confirm?

I found information for the Xbox and it needs Live + A ESO Subscription. I know the PC one still requires a Subscription.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    No reply.
    Pathetic.
    Tbh, I don't think it's needed at all. I never heard someone ask for it in eso nor do I know many ppl with issues finding a group, most groups (pugs) are made in less then 5 min.

I think it's just a lack of people using it.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    No reply.
    Pathetic.
    I had it work once since last patch( think it has issues matching up v14s with other v14s for 5 mans) and thats all does need a fix even tho I never need the thing easy enough to find groups in mounhold or guilds think they are doing something with it next patch though.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2014-12-22 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    The PS4 version that is being released soon, I can't find any information for specifically the PS4, but heard rumors that the PS4 version will just requires PSN, no need for a ESO Subscription? Anyone able to confirm?

I found information for the Xbox and it needs Live + A ESO Subscription. I know the PC one still requires a Subscription.
    I thought I remember hearing you just pay the ESO subscription and you won't need PSN to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Personally I have issues with the combat. It is so half assed to me.
    This is my feelings as well. It's like they stopped half way and said "good enough". It could be much better for an action combat game.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    This is my feelings as well. It's like they stopped half way and said "good enough". It could be much better for an action combat game.
    When the game was first announced (mid 2012) there was a very strong backlash from both the community and the press that criticized ESO on many fronts, including that is was supposed to be a standard tab-targeting MMO. Since then up until release they constantly changed and tuned the combat to make it more similar to the combat of the single player TES games.

I have a feeling that either because of lack of time or because it would have required to fundamentally change parts of the game engine Zenimax never fully remade the combat system from scratch, but just heavily modified the previous implementation which wasn't designed for action combat in the first place. That's why I think the combat feels "half assed" to some of us. Of course that's just speculation on my part.

The combat is OK, it just doesn't feel as fluid and controlled compared to some of the other games out like WoW, TERA, GW2 etc... In those games you hit a button and get a very distinct response in game consistently. in ESO, the response is not so precise or consistent.

Like squishy brakes on a car, they get the job done well enough and you can live with it, but there are much better feeling and tighter controlled brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    FFXIV the first time to level cap is pretty good as far as story immersion goes, but SW:ToR the first time through each faction is bar none the best leveling, story telling and engaging gameplay I've ever experienced. But, I am a huge Star Wars fan, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. YMMV.
    I only played FFXIV up to the first dungeon (huge turnoff to me that you had to do dungeons to continue questing). I thought the story was convoluted, but maybe it got better.

I've never played SW:TOR. I loved the initial 3 movies, but that's where my SW fandom ends. I've never had any desire to 'exist' inside the SW universe.

ESO does do questing and story quite well, but that's about it, IMO. The other aspects of the game such as grouping and combat specifically, are just done better in other games. I'm not monetarily able to have more than 1 MAYBE 2 subs at a time going, and those ESO was just not strong enough to keep mine.
    Yeah, I've neither the time or money for multiple subs/MMOs either. I basically had to make the choice of continuing to play ESO by myself or going back to WoW to play with my husband.

As far as combat, my only issue with it was the delay between weapon swaps which it sounds like they've fixed. I quite enjoyed the "hunter" I made (sorcerer w/bow & pets) and my DK 'pyromancer' was amazing, though I quit playing it around the time they started nerfing that and the 'infinitank' builds. Never did get to try the Nightblade 'warlock', that was on my list of things to do.

I really loved the variety ESO offered in terms of class builds. It's been really difficult going back to WoW to what are now gutted classes and honestly the worst system of travel in the genre, I swear. Words cannot express how much I desperately miss wayshrines.
    Last edited by Lane; 2014-12-22 at 05:44 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post

Console versions don't have a release date, so it's not "soon", it's "sometime".

Beyond that, you will need to pay the subscription for the game on both consoles (as well as PC), but in addition will have to pay for the Xbox One XBL Gold subscription. I don't believe you will need a PS+ subscription to play it on PS4.

Deleted
    As of 1.6 trials will no longer be timed but instead become point based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXz2DBMtH8U&t=42m29s

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'd wait until the next patch drops when they add in the justice system and make a ton of other changes. I mean, the game is still much better now than it was at launch, but the next patch is going to be pretty big in terms of improvements.
    This is the update I've been waiting for - long before I specifically knew what would be in it. Just, what I saw in the beta weekends combined with how busy I was all year, I just didn't have room for it. But what it offers is really what I want. Schedule is less insane plus it sounds like this patch will bring the game to its most polished state yet, and now it finally seems the time is right.

Can't wait.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

point based huh not sure if I like that got to see how they do it first. going to wait till I can try it before I have an opinion about it.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2014-12-23 at 12:12 AM.

So, potential hitch in me picking up ESO when the next update drops ... or, well, potential incentive ... just picked up Skyrim legendary edition due to it being on sale on Steam for 13.50 ... couldn't pass that up, since I've never actually owned it.

So, if I don't get super into it, it'll probably sate my desire for what I would have gotten ESO for until I'm deep enough into other things that I'll pass it by again. But maybe I blast through Skyrim and it makes me want ESO more. Or maybe I play Skyrim fairly casually and I'm ready for ESO closer to mid/late spring ... idk.

Guess I'll see where this goes.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So, potential hitch in me picking up ESO when the next update drops ... or, well, potential incentive ... just picked up Skyrim legendary edition due to it being on sale on Steam for 13.50 ... couldn't pass that up, since I've never actually owned it.

So, if I don't get super into it, it'll probably sate my desire for what I would have gotten ESO for until I'm deep enough into other things that I'll pass it by again. But maybe I blast through Skyrim and it makes me want ESO more. Or maybe I play Skyrim fairly casually and I'm ready for ESO closer to mid/late spring ... idk.
    Guess I'll see where this goes.
    I played Skyrim for the first time last October, so just about a month before I got into the ESO beta. Really good game, I believe I spent about two months on it altogether. Damn do I wish they had housing in this game (ESO that is). Oh, and marriage. I still miss my werewolf wife. XD

Alright so they just (a couple days ago) removed the 6-month payment option from their account management page but won't tell people why, except to say that not enough people were using the feature. Speculation has now run rampant on the official forums that this is in anticipation for a F2P option.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...h-subscription
    Last edited by Lycanthat; 2014-12-26 at 05:02 AM.

Yeah, I've seen some chatter of that. Even if they do change business models, the removal of the 6 month sub doesn't make much sense as plenty of F2P and some B2P (specifically TSW) games have optional subscriptions. And their whole "Not enough people are using it" excuse doesn't fly in any reality, the goal is to encourage long subscription options compared to shorter ones, as they provide more reliable streams of revenue.

Really quite curious as to this, because it doesn't really point to anything specific, and from my mildly inebriated point of view doesn't really point to anything at all beyond a poor business decision.

Deleted
    I think it's a mistake they made and they haven't figured it out yet. It's zenimax afterall.