Deleted

Enhancement DPS Help?

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give on how to give a better performance when it comes to DPS in Enhancement. I have AoE down to a T but I seem to struggle a bit when it comes to single target, any advice you guys can give? Here is the armory page, thanks! (Hitting around 18-19k, want to hit higher)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...usanooh/simple

I feel like my talents are okay too, recently I switched to Echo of the Elements from Ele Mastery and it has been working amazingly, critting several times for 40k lava lashes is insane. What I'm really asking for is help with Single Target Rotations, I usually do: Searing -> LM -> UE -> FS -> SS / LL, (LB at 5 stacks) and Frost Shock weaving inbetween, though I'm sure there are better rotations out there

I'm not very experienced as a enha shaman(been playing the spec for around 3 days now, did play alot tho cleared normal and hc decently etc). I do still pull 22k ish dps on butcher on my shaman and there is ALOT to improve on my gameplay still. Small improvement on you glyphs and talents for single dps could be unleashed fury and glyph of frost shock(reduces your downtime on single by a small amount but still helps) I have also heard that NS would be better for single with the 5% haste buff but alteast with my gear echo wins on both single and AOE. My rotation prio list is just simple copy from icy-veins, lightning bolt proc, unleash, storm strike, lava lash, flameshock(with unleash and less than 13sec remaining), frost shock, lightning bolt with insta proc, ofc keeping fire totem up at all times. Also knowing the fights and how to maximise your dps as a melee on them is important, my main is a ret pally so i know the fights pretty well and how to get lowest downtime possible on the fights. Also you can improve your performance with addons like weak auras on any class by tracking your buffs and noticing them muchmuch quicker and acting to them quicker than from your buffs, thats pretty much the only addon I use with dbm for PVE. And btw do you use prepots/flask/food on your fights? with that gear and weapons you should be pulling alot more if you ask me :O

my armory:
    shaman: jadedwyvern-outland EU
    pally: seski-outland EU

For Single target, time your second Ascendance with Elemental Mastery. You should skip the second use of Ele Mastery (2 mins) to wait for Ascendance (3 mins). This goes for any racial (Blood Fury as well). This is a potential 2k DPS increase in DPS for a longer single target fight.
    Ancestral Swiftness is slightly better for single target over the bursty Ele Mastery talent, but not much. Time that instant LB with your unleashed elements ad 0 MW procs.

Primal Elemental is decent for AOE DPS since your elemental starts to Fire Nova when you do, but do not use the Empower unless it is single target and used with Ascendance/Ele Mastery. Echo of Elements seems to be better for AOE

Storm Elemental level 100 talent is used by some Enhancement Shaman but there seems to be a DPS decrease in shorter fights than Liquid Magma.

Warsong and Bleeding Hollow seem to be the best weapon enchants for PVE.
    Glyphs... AOE = Flame Shock, Fire Nova, Lava Spread
    Glyphs... Single Target = Frost Shock, Feral Spirits, Flame Shock

Prioritize Lava Lash but when you pop Ascendance Prioritize Stormstrke(Windstrike)

I disagree with Hooligun on a few points.

For AoE, the flame shock glyph does nothing. In addition to fire nova and lava spread, you'd want chain lightning.

For single target, I'd replace feral spirits with lightning shield.

Also, you don't ever prioritize lava lash over storm strike, unless you're in an AoE rotation. Whether you take UE or PE, for your tier 6 talent, SS is higher in priority than LL, for single-target.

Typically for single target, AS or EM will be best. You'll want to align EM's w/ your PET's. If you want to get away from the whole pet thing, UF sims very will too. I play AS/UF all day every day, and I generally like it. UE becomes top priority, and you'll want to hard cast LB @ 3 stacks more often. You can still see big burst numbers depending on how you open up, as well. I typically will see anywhere from 60k-90k burst depending if lust is used/trinkets proc in a timely fashion. The trick to this is your opener, when running UF I typtically pop FET @ 3s to pull, then LM/pot when pull happens, I ascendance > SS > UF > double lightning bolt (one being AS, one from MWx4-5), I'll FS, LL and usually have another LB @ 3-4MW stacks ready, then use SS again, and continue from there, weaving in frost shock when possible. You want to try and get as many LB's off as possible within that first UF because they will hit like mac trucks, and if your scales of doom procs, that multistrike + the 5% from UF = insane.

Make sure you enchant your cloak/rings/neck as well. One glyph worth trying is the new shamanistic rage, that + astral shift = massive damage reduction, which can be useful for things like twin ogron, imperator, etc. Otherwise, without logs there's not much more I, or anyone else could tell you that you're doing wrong.

Here's a link to my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asomnia/simple (As of now, it's my pvp set up, I hope it changes back to pve, by the time you see this.)
    The world is a deaf machine.

I use the Flame Shock for the heal. Usually our AOE is at the end of a fight in progression raiding where healers are struggling. I agree Chain Lightning would be better.
    Feral Spirit has saved my ass a few times, but you are correct LS glyph is good since it always proccs.

One ore thing......If you time Ancestral Guidance with your Big Fire Nova's at the end of a fight you can give healers a little breathing room. It helped on Heroic Imp.

Always

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetics View Post
    Typically for single target, AS or EM will be best. You'll want to align EM's w/ your PET's. If you want to get away from the whole pet thing, UF sims very will too. I play AS/UF all day every day, and I generally like it. UE becomes top priority, and you'll want to hard cast LB @ 3 stacks more often. You can still see big burst numbers depending on how you open up, as well. I typically will see anywhere from 60k-90k burst depending if lust is used/trinkets proc in a timely fashion. The trick to this is your opener, when running UF I typtically pop FET @ 3s to pull, then LM/pot when pull happens, I ascendance > SS > UF > double lightning bolt (one being AS, one from MWx4-5), I'll FS, LL and usually have another LB @ 3-4MW stacks ready, then use SS again, and continue from there, weaving in frost shock when possible. You want to try and get as many LB's off as possible within that first UF because they will hit like mac trucks, and if your scales of doom procs, that multistrike + the 5% from UF = insane.

Here's a link to my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asomnia/simple (As of now, it's my pvp set up, I hope it changes back to pve, by the time you see this.)
    Always use Ascendance right after SS. Ascendance resets the CD

Deleted
    for single target fights u always need to know how long the fight will go and when to pop which cooldown is essential cause we are a bursty class which want to get as much damage as possible in our cooldowns.

butcher heroic is 5minute enrage when ur guild progress that boss u should start like this:-10sec ue, -3sec feral spirits, -1,5sec fire ele(glyphed), 0sec fs,~1sec liquid magma,2sec elemastery trinket or whatever u got+ss,3sec ll,ascendence+windstrike and then ur rotation
    when u know its a 5min fight than pop ur elemastery+coin(both 2 mins cd) on 2mins and then wait till ~4mins to pop fire ele+elemastery+trinket+ascendance in the same order like at the pull but watch out to hold ss and ll on cd there i think thats it.
    when u progressing butcher mythic its only 4 min enrage so u know the fight will go max 4mins there i would recommend to save ur cd up to ~3:10 to pop everything there instead using elemastery+coin on cd

mfg zecci

Could someone provide insight into the healing provided by the storm elemental totem for enhancement shamans. Is the talent worth it for the heals? (especial with Primal elementalist)

There are definitely a few points that I have to disagree with from Hooligan. As I believe it was stated in another thread, you should not be waiting for ascendance to come up before using your second EM unless you are not going to get a chance for another ascendance. Empower is something you never want to use your fire elemental for. Echo should only be used in an aoe scenario and as stated above theres no reason to use the wolves glyph, replace it with lightning shield. Glyph of flame shock could arguably be used in an aoe fight if your healers are really struggling, but I prefer spirit walk for the reduced CD. The 3rd slot as far as single target is a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Could someone provide insight into the healing provided by the storm elemental totem for enhancement shamans. Is the talent worth it for the heals? (especial with Primal elementalist)
    The healing from your storm elemental totem in a raid scenario is negligible, and primal elementalist does not effect storm ele. It is a completely seperate talent.

Some tips:
    -Storm elemental is garbage. The biggest issue is that you cannot use it and fire ele at the same time. As a result Storm Ele tends to not be buffed by pots and whatnot. LM does the most single and multi-target dps in practice.
    -Make sure you are always pre-potting. A ton of our dps is tied up in CDs so it's extra important you get all that stacked benefit at the start of the fight.
    -Use UE before the pull. Saves you a GCD and gives you higher effective uptime throughout the fight. This is new as of WoD since UE does not hit enemies.
    - Macro your wolves into your pre-pot. Hard to find a GCD to get them up early on and by then your pre-pot is half over.
    - Only refresh your FS every other UE. This will allow for more frost shocks. The only exception for this is if you are AoEing. Spreading a low duration FS is so detrimental that I generally just drop frost shock entirely during AoE phases.
    - SS before casting ascendance. If you have an echo proc though it's probably fair to just ascend since you can double windblast right off the bat.
    - Consider the Fire ele glyph on any fight where you won't lose duration. You get double the pot uptime, double the EM uptime, etc. Breakpoints are 3 minutes, 8 minutes, 13 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Some tips:
    -Storm elemental is garbage. The biggest issue is that you cannot use it and fire ele at the same time. As a result Storm Ele tends to not be buffed by pots and whatnot. LM does the most single and multi-target dps in practice.
    -Make sure you are always pre-potting. A ton of our dps is tied up in CDs so it's extra important you get all that stacked benefit at the start of the fight.
    -Use UE before the pull. Saves you a GCD and gives you higher effective uptime throughout the fight. This is new as of WoD since UE does not hit enemies.
    - Macro your wolves into your pre-pot. Hard to find a GCD to get them up early on and by then your pre-pot is half over.
    - Only refresh your FS every other UE. This will allow for more frost shocks. The only exception for this is if you are AoEing. Spreading a low duration FS is so detrimental that I generally just drop frost shock entirely during AoE phases.
    - SS before casting ascendance. If you have an echo proc though it's probably fair to just ascend since you can double windblast right off the bat.
    - Consider the Fire ele glyph on any fight where you won't lose duration. You get double the pot uptime, double the EM uptime, etc. Breakpoints are 3 minutes, 8 minutes, 13 minutes.

I have a hard time agreeing with this, you can end up accidentally wasting your second pot, using feral spirits on CD if it's a long fight, and you're saving it for a burn phase. You can macro wolves + ascendance, and just pretend ascendance is on the GCD at that point. Personally, ascendance is macro'd w/ wolves, but I also have a separate bind for wolves, for when it's off CD. I see what you're trying to do, but you can really mess yourself up, by wasting that second potion with just wolves out.
    The world is a deaf machine.

I see a lot of comments recommending using Fire Nova and Lava Spread glyphs. They're 90% of the time bad.

If you take Imperator as an example, it seems like a fight with so much AOE would benefit from these glyphs. However, you need Fire Elemental glyph to have it up on pull + first transition + second transition. You will probably want flame shock glyph (it does a good amount of healing with so many flame shocks, especially transition), Chain Lightning will give you more aoe DPS. Frost Shock will give you better ST. Lightning Shield reduces damage taken overall.

Meanwhile, Fire Nova and Lava spread glyphs are merely convenience that should have 0 impact on your actual AOE because adds will be tanked on eachother. IMO they're both bad glyphs and shouldn't be used (other than Tectus maybe, the adds spawn kinda spread out).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymau5 View Post

The healing from your storm elemental totem in a raid scenario is negligible, and primal elementalist does not effect storm ele. It is a completely seperate talent.
    Thanks for the reply and clarification. So what I understand, Storm elemental seems like a lackluster talent choice. Are there really any uses for this talent at all? Any caveats or niches? (I personally use Liquid magma as it feels more reliable both for aoe/st but I wanted to consider other options if they are viable even if only in some situations)
    Last edited by ttak82; 2014-12-26 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Thanks for the reply and clarification. So what I understand, Storm elemental seems like a lackluster talent choice. Are there really any uses for this talent at all? Any caveats or niches? (I personally use Liquid magma as it feels more reliable both for aoe/st but I wanted to consider other options if they are viable even if only in some situations)
    Maaayyyyyyybbbeee when soloing hard old raids? Can't think of much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com