Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Has anyone else quit MMO's and went to Grouping/Monster Hunter style games.

To explain a bit better I have played many MMO's and my fav part is the grouping up and killing stuff. Dosen't matter if its in dungeons or out in the world. The though of grouping up to kill monsters and all to me is really fun.

Well now I barely play MMO's and I mainly play Monster Hunter style games like Freedom Wars/Ragnarok Odessy ACE/Monster Hunter. I just enjoy grouping up knocking out a few quests/monster fights and taking a break.

So has anyone else done this? I mainly stopped playing MMO's due to not wanting to pay a sub and I rather play on my console/handheld. Sitting hunched over at the PC hurts my back a bit. But I do dip into F2p/B2p MMO's everynow and then.

Do to games like the ones I listed I can still get that fun RPG grouping aspect that MMO's provide.

So has anyone else done this or enjoy both MMO's and Monster Hunter style games.

Edit: To be clear I don't mean just monster hunter but games like it. Who all has left MMO's but yet play other titles for the grouping/gearing aspect that is like a MMO.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-25 at 11:06 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

noop, not rly, i tryed few but they lack dificulty, once u learn how game work thats it, in mmo u may same its same but new coming exp packs clear that aloso pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

You should get a better chair though, no reason you should be hunched over

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I have no idea what you're talking about, I don't own a console, I don't even like them.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Nope.

You should get a better chair though, no reason you should be hunched over
    I love my chair lol its just how I got to sit in it is a pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    No, I have no idea what you're talking about, I don't own a console, I don't even like them.
    Well I ment more so handheld systems. But console dose have those types of games as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    noop, not rly, i tryed few but they lack dificulty, once u learn how game work thats it, in mmo u may same its same but new coming exp packs clear that aloso pvp
    True I guess unless you play like CODE 8 in Freedom Wars or the highs rank in monster hunter. Those can be tough.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Before WoW I was hooked to sacred (hope it is a monster hunter game), but after wow I hate it and everything that's like it. somehow I feel that genre misses something atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    Before WoW I was hooked to sacred (hope it is a monster hunter game), but after wow I hate it and everything that's like it. somehow I feel that genre misses something atm
    Sacred is awesome, but it's an aRPG.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing TERA lately. Which is pretty much a mixture of both.

The problem with Monster Hunter style games are they're pretty much just mindless button mashers. It's even more repetitive than standard MMO gameplay.

Deleted
    I really wanna try a Monster Hunter game as the combat seems fun and I have a Wii U but I wanna try MH4 on Wii U which probably will never happen. I dont wanna buy MH3 when 4 is around the corner.

Yah i took a 6 month break, and played vindictus was an amzazing game. Then i ran out of content so i went back to wow lol.

Monster hunter games? No, I hate those. But I did quit WoW for MOBAs, though. Came back for WoD, though, turns out I prefer larger scale games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I think I have quit MMOs until I find one with clean combat visuals without completely focusing on raids.

If anything its the raids I'm burned out of. ATM enjoying some single player games and ARPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    im currently hunting

gotta get that lagicrus sword

GW2 here,. but mixing it up with random steam stuff, diablo 3, and random card games on iphone and ipad.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was thinking of trying Monster Hunter ... but not buying a Wii U just to try out one game.

As for MMOs, I think I'm pretty much burned out. It's really the same thing over and over again, every patch, ever expansion. Everyone is too afraid to try anything different or simply isn't interested in trying anything new - the latter is particularly depressing, content is pumped out like mass-produced trinkets in a factory, you may be passionate about the game, the game world, your character, and all that is just crushing when the developers don't seem to give a damn.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2014-12-25 at 11:27 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Oh yeah. I still jump into FFXIV to play with friends but monster hunter and demons/dark souls specifically outright killed my enjoyment of wow right off. i would log in and just rather be hunting a big monster with friends or being a sunbro. It was just giving me everything i played wow for but without a sub fee and in more interesting worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh yeah. I still jump into FFXIV to play with friends but monster hunter and demons/dark souls specifically outright killed my enjoyment of wow right off. i would log in and just rather be hunting a big monster with friends or being a sunbro. It was just giving me everything i played wow for but without a sub fee and in more interesting worlds.
    I feel the same way. The main reason I played MMO's was for the big boss fights with people.

Also to be clear I mean monster hunter style games not just monster hunter itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    im currently hunting

gotta get that lagicrus sword
    Nice I am going to reget MH3 for my Wii-U and play it soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Was thinking of trying Monster Hunter ... but not buying a Wii U just to try out one game.

As for MMOs, I think I'm pretty much burned out. It's really the same thing over and over again, every patch, ever expansion. Everyone is too afraid to try anything different or simply isn't interested in trying anything new - the latter is particularly depressing, content is pumped out like mass produced trinkets in a factory, you may be passionate about the game, the game world, your character, and all that is just crashing when the developers don't seem to give a damn.
    If u got a Ps3 or Vita there is monster hunter style games u can get and play.

There is tons of just group up and kill/collect mats for gear type of games.

Can't wait to get my copy of Freedom Wars tuseday this just looks fun

Deleted
    I quit wow in mop and started to play borderlands 2. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepz View Post
    I quit wow in mop and started to play borderlands 2. Does that count?
    It can. My main point that I didn't make 100% clear is leaving MMO's but yet still do the same grouping/gearing feature within other titles. Mostly common with Monster Hunter style games.