Deleted
    Anyone knows if someone have any plans on making an updated guardian guide for WOD?

I'm thinking about it, but if someone else are working on it then it would kinda feel like a waste of time to also start making one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theincbear has guide for guardian tanking: http://www.theincbear.com/forums/vie...php?f=9&t=1324 and gear guide http://www.theincbear.com/forums/vie...php?f=9&t=1325 and general what stuff to use for X HM fights: http://www.theincbear.com/encounter-...eroic-highmaul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Theincbear has guide for guardian tanking: http://www.theincbear.com/forums/vie...php?f=9&t=1324 and gear guide http://www.theincbear.com/forums/vie...php?f=9&t=1325 and general what stuff to use for X HM fights: http://www.theincbear.com/encounter-...eroic-highmaul
    Yir i know, but wanted to know if someone had plans to make anything for MMO-Champ

Can we get a Guardian guide here sometimes? Theincbear is nice and all.. but it's kinda silly to have nothing on this website. I'd write one myself but I dont feel like i'd be very well-placed since I don't get to tank anymore ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Can we get a Guardian guide here sometimes? Theincbear is nice and all.. but it's kinda silly to have nothing on this website. I'd write one myself but I dont feel like i'd be very well-placed since I don't get to tank anymore ;/
    Arielle isnt active on curse content because of internal issues. Nobody has stepped up since. I think most have given up tbh.

Maybe a stupid idea but since it looks like a guide for Guardians is highly requested why don't we form a kind of group that can write it instead of keep asking?

Deleted
    Trinket question.

I have Evergaze Arcane Eidolon, Pol's Blinded Eye, both mythic.
    And the Tectus trinket, heroic.

Which ones are better for most fights, both the mythic ones?

Yea, use the two mythic trinkets, they are really strong. Tectus' trinket can be helpful if you feel like you don't have enough hp though.

10+ Year Old Account
    More health is always great.

But still want an updated guide here.
    Someone make a new one and edit as you get suggestions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork (heroic) better then Pol's Blind Eye (Mythic WF)? My second trinket is Pillar of Earth (heroic), which I don't want to drop cause the stamina is a must have for me....

Not really a fan of the flat stam trinkets. We have a lot of hp already, and ursa major gives us a good boost now and again (really strong when tanking multiple mobs).
    I'm using pol's and the door. I think BA is better as a flat amount, mastery is better as an on use. Mastery gives a great boost to survivability and damage, having it on use is awesome when you're in a tough spot. BA is amazing, but on procs doesn't really impact survivability (maybe 3-4%), the AP component is also flat, so not as powerful as mastery can be.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2015-03-04 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Not really a fan of the flat stam trinkets. We have a lot of hp already, and ursa major gives us a good boost now and again (really strong when tanking multiple mobs).
    I disagree on the stamina part, that's why I asked. I just feel that most of the time my HP is far from enough, even when having SI up for something "trivial" as Inferno Slice or whatnot ability on H&F which slaps 2 tanks together.

To put some personal experience into the discussion, I died twice on mythic Gruul this week while soaking the slices on our re-clear of BRF when normally it's just a walk in the park. Now, what does this have to do with stamina trinkets? I've been relying on multistrike -> Ursa Major to increase my HP for the specific set of CD's I use on the fight to soak the slices, and twice in one night I had bad RNG where my Ursa Major refreshed late, dropping my HP by over 100k just before I soaked and incidentally killed me. This goes back to what I've said about Ursa Major not being as reliable as stamina, because it can change at any given moment unless you literally stop doing anything that can proc Ursa major. If you need that extra health, you're better off relying on a stamina trinket versus crossing your fingers and hoping multistrikes don't go against you.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

And that's part of the reason why Guardians aren't being used in cutting edge progression.

SD is rng.

UM is rng.

T&C is rng.

DoC is rng.

Mastery is great and when you combine all 3 "AM"'s you're really unlikely to suddenly drop dead... but there's still a chance. Other tanks don't have that chance. Why gamble?

Deleted
    Damn, came here looking for good Guardian guide/discussion.

Is guardian like completely dead on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Vecayse View Post

Might be shifted a page, but someone has been trying to make a start at an updated guide for 6.1 (non-stickied for now). Original author of this guide doesn't maintain the thread anymore due to various reasons. However, there's a bunch of us long-time informed Guardians still around and checking the forums if you have a question about anything.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Vecayse View Post

We have a solid 8 (?) high end and semi-high end (I'm only 2/10 Mythic) bears browsing here regularly. Exo, Dreyen and Lyuben being the most active I think. If you need anything just make a thread and we'll pop up. The guides aren't really up to date because nobody has the time (And I'm not a big fan of the non-stickied one someone made a few weeks ago)

Deleted
    Lol I'm a bit nervous changing from Brew to Bear now! I'm put off with the play style change and set bonus of brew in 6.2 and being an alt whore I always have a few chars geared. Never really played Druid but have been enjoying the Bear.

It's currently 670 compared to my main which is 691 so mythic is not on arm, but will be running brf hc for gear.

I have seen mythic bh kills so I'm guessing Guarding can do it all as well?

Don't see why you'd think bears are incapable of tanking mythic, even pre 6.2 buffs they were decent tanks, they just had nothing amazing. For blackhand they are great siegemaker tanks

Also not sure why you're turned off by brewmaster set bonuses, their set bonus is currently headed into becoming the most overpowered set bonus wow has known... expel harming instead of jab, reducing guard's cooldown every expel harm (Guard being the best cooldown in the game)

As a fellow mythic Blackhand killing bear, I can say that being a Guardian in mythic content was likely the least important factor in what could have inhibited our progression. Sure, there were quite a few annoyances (many of which are being addressed in 6.2 bear changes), but execution and personal responsibility of the raid as a whole are waaaaaaay more important and likely to hold back progression than the class of one of your tanks.

Kind of ironic, though, on mythic Blackhand I wasn't the siegemaker tank. However, Bristling Fur + Cenarion Ward being up for every smash (except P3) is pretty nice in itself. Not once did I ever think that me being Guardian was a bad thing, I honestly thought it was pretty useful for how we did the fight. As a whole, I think Guardian's strength in my case was the lack of needing external CD's for the mythic content for specific mechanics, freeing CD's up for the other tank or raid depending upon what was going on. The 6.2 changes are just going to make this even better.

In my case, it has always come down to personal preference, and I love playing my bear. While Guardians may not have the most robust toolkit compared to other tanks, I find pleasure in making it work and executing in such a fashion that my raid doesn't have to doubt why they brought a Guardian over another tank class.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2015-05-12 at 07:34 AM.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville