Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    But overworked atm with progression and an internship in an endocrinology ward but with a bit of luck I should have the guide in a publishable state within the next week or so. Most of the work is done and edited, just polishing the last few details so I don't have to listen to Lazel nitpick until the next expac
    Replace "mastery" with "crit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Replace "mastery" with "crit"

while you're at it, replace all stats with crit

replace the word Paladin with "Crit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Also you should probably sticky the help threads too.
    Probably going to go with a locked thread with links to them, at least, just in case they fall off the front page. Can't have too many stickied threads (seven is definitely too many).

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    But overworked atm with progression and an internship in an endocrinology ward but with a bit of luck I should have the guide in a publishable state within the next week or so. Most of the work is done and edited, just polishing the last few details so I don't have to listen to Lazel nitpick until the next expac
    Awesomesauce. Just shoot me a PM when it's done and I'll pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It says mop because we all miss veng and want it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Where were you the day that Vengeance died?
    Yeah, I didn't understand that. Why not just make some of our defensive numbers scale off of AP, and tone down the AP ratios for tanking specs? They had the system set, it just needed work.

replace the word Paladin with "Crit"
    At least make it "Righteous Crit" if we're replacing the whole of the class with it.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Probably going to go with a locked thread with links to them, at least, just in case they fall off the front page. Can't have too many stickied threads (seven is definitely too many)..
    Mage forum seems just fine with their 7 stickies but hey you're the one that has to clean up the 500 threads people make since they can't read so knock yourself out I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It says mop because we all miss veng and want it back.
    I don't. I wish they'd done away with it years ago. Should just have given all tanks damage scaling with secondary and primary stats like we have now from the start. All it did was promote the idea that it is ok to stand in bad stuff for more dps (to the point when we were using healer externals and big tank cooldowns to survive standing in or being hit by "killer" boss mechanics).

I have nothing against trading survivability for damage output, mind. That's part of tanking. Standing in Annihilate for moar deeps shouldn't have been part of tanking.

To put it another way: vengeance was a half-assed fix for a problem that should have been fixed properly (scaling threat generation and damage output with increasing gear level).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-01-06 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    But vengeance meant the DPS had an excuse when tanks beat them unlike now

But vengeance meant the DPS had an excuse when tanks beat them unlike now
    As if DPS needed another excuse for being shite?

Vengeance was fun only because it was interesting seeing how close you could get to dieing without seriously being in deep shit. Otherwise i am glad it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastuross View Post
    Vengeance was fun only because it was interesting seeing how close you could get to dieing without seriously being in deep shit. Otherwise i am glad it's gone.
    It was fun because you could solo tank Windlord and top healing, damage and damage taken and basically make the whole rest of the raid feel redundant.

Good times.

Does anyone here play prot DPS? I realise it's a gimmick, but I saw some people asking about it and got interested in trying it out. Anyone got any tips for it, or even better, has someone made a primer? I'd specifically want to know what the stat priority is, I imagine mastery is a lot worse when it only gives %AP? Thanks in advance.
    Warning - while you were typing 50 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

There is a prot DPS spec, its called Retribution. My understanding is that half the reason protection paladins are stacking crit for high DPS is the GC procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    SS & SoI can crit
    Sorry I wasn't clear, obviously crit has other benefits for tanking but I was talking from a purely DPS stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravan View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear, obviously crit has other benefits for tanking but I was talking from a purely DPS stand point.
    From a dps standpoint, crit makes stuff hit harder. And increases the chance for a GC proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    From a dps standpoint, crit makes stuff hit harder. And increases the chance for a GC proc.
    Can the ticks from Censure crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansekh View Post
    Yes

/10char
    Then that is another additional benefit to dps from crit, along with GC procs and critical strikes as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by deathdkmaxtor View Post
    stats priority?
    BA > Mastery > Crit > Versatility

or

BA > Crit > Mastery > Versatility

10+ Year Old Account
    And so, the mighty MoP thread can now retire, resting forevermore at the depths of the forum, knowing that it has done its duty.

New thread can be found here.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!