Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Our Melee getting outdpsed in Raids from Ranged?

What is your experience?

My dad is putting out 18k DPS sustained as a Ret and 20k+ as on burst and keeps getting kicked for "sub-optimal DPS." This was on heroic, with 651 gear.

Either most heroic raid leaders' idea of "optimal DPS" is 20k+ sustained or otherwise melee aren't doing too well I suppose.

I am 651 RET. I can pull 25-28k on butcher and burst over 50k.. your dad is doing something really wrong, send me a tell and I can give him some tips if he wants.
    Last edited by Glarolas; 2015-01-11 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarolas View Post
    I am 651. I can pull 25-28k on butcher and burst over 50k.. your dad is doing something really wrong.
    Noxxic, notorious for overestimated maximum DPS, says that 21k+ sustained is impossible ATM.

While there is a "hump" to get over, 20k sustained is pretty pedestrian once you've figured out the appropriate methodology to your spec. If you have LFR gear, you should always be above 20k.

You shouldn't look at 630 gear if you have 651.
    Last edited by Teph; 2015-01-11 at 03:37 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    My dad is putting out 18k DPS sustained as a Ret and 20k+ as on burst and keeps getting kicked for "sub-optimal DPS." This was on heroic, with 651 gear.

Either most heroic raid leaders' idea of "optimal DPS" is 20k+ sustained or otherwise melee aren't doing too well I suppose.
    Something very wrong there. As ret I burst up to 55k and settle around 25k on butcher. I am 660, so a little bit higher but still those numbers are terribly low and far too low for a pug a heroic. There is a nice ret guide on these forums which might be worth directing him too. Also get a scabbard /drool.

Yeah, I mention id give tips and instead of thanking me you call me a liar. Tell your dad to enjoy getting kicked, id kick any RET under 22k sustained at 650+

I play a prot pally, ret offspec, 638 ilevel ret (653 prot) and I pull 20k sustained with a 1 button macro using gnome sequencer.

I literally spam one button and use wings whenever appropriate and pull as much as your dad with 638 ilevel.

Granted, 1 button macros do 95% of simmed DPS for ret, he should be doing more.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me how come I am not able to pull over 20k?

My Gear
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bysound/simple

I am trying my best but my max is 17-18k and slowly dropping down to 15-16k when I am under pressure and need to heal or move away.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbysound View Post
    Can someone tell me how come I am not able to pull over 20k?

My Gear
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bysound/simple

I am trying my best but my max is 17-18k and slowly dropping down to 15-16k when I am under pressure and need to heal or move away.
    The first 2 pieces of gear I even looked at threw up immediate red flags.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-d...stics-priority

Crit and haste are your 2 worst stats. Yet the first 2 pieces I looked at of yours have -just- crit and haste.

In fact, now that I look at the rest of your gear, you really -really- need to get into heroics and better optimize your stats.

EDIT - Just as a bonus, I'd also suggest looking at the overall Icy-Veins guide - http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-d...-pve-dps-guide

There are a lot of problems but it seems like you may be new to the game, reading up a little bit on those who theorycrafted will do you heaps of good.

P.S. - Why the bonus armor ring? O_O
    Last edited by Semune; 2015-01-11 at 03:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Semune View Post
    The first 2 pieces of gear I even looked at threw up immediate red flags.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-d...stics-priority

Crit and haste are your 2 worst stats. Yet the first 2 pieces I looked at of yours have -just- crit and haste.

In fact, now that I look at the rest of your gear, you really -really- need to get into heroics and better optimize your stats.
    This is the gear I have looted so far though (there was a thread about 2H Stats priority so I know what you mean). I only started raiding 3 weeks ago and two weeks I have done with the guild. This week only need to do IMP.

Edit: Can I macro three skills into one?
    Last edited by mmoce1d7bdc935; 2015-01-11 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I can do a sustained 20-22k dps in LFR gear. Anyone geared higher should atleast be able to.
    Aye mate

This is the gear I have looted so far though (there was a thread about 2H Stats priority so I know what you mean). I only started raiding 3 weeks ago and two weeks I have done with the guild. This week only need to do IMP.
    I started raiding 3 weeks ago as well, it didn't stop me from optimizing my gear properly through a little bit of reading and running heroic dungeons for proper gear (in my case, Mastery gear and preferably Bonus Armor).

Deleted
    I started raiding 3 weeks ago as well, it didn't stop me from optimizing my gear properly through a little bit of reading and running heroic dungeons for proper gear (in my case, Mastery gear and preferably Bonus Armor).
    Oh he meant heroic dungeons. I guess I can go back into them and change some pieces to have it as optimal as possible.

I think I have DE some pieces by mistake

Edit: Can I macro three skills into one?
    Google Gnome Sequencer.

You have to do a little bit of work to get it going, but I use it when I play Ret and it works wonders, I just spam 1 button and pull 95% of simmed DPS. Not sure about using it on Frost DKs.

You used to be able to /castsequence but Blizz broke that.

Deleted
    Google Gnome Sequencer.

You have to do a little bit of work to get it going, but I use it when I play Ret and it works wonders, I just spam 1 button and pull 95% of simmed DPS. Not sure about using it on Frost DKs.

You used to be able to /castsequence but Blizz broke that.
    Will do. I just wanted to put Frost/Plague/Blood Tap into one. I forgot I had Plague Strike all this time (don't troll me ).

By the way is it true that Frost and Blood dots deal more damage than Necrotic Plague?

Edit: The good news is that I forgot to replace my weapon (had 660 conquest) and chest (same). God I am such a noob.
    Last edited by mmoce1d7bdc935; 2015-01-11 at 04:14 AM.

Will do. I just wanted to put Frost/Plague/Blood Tap into one. I forgot I had Plague Strike all this time (don't troll me ).

By the way is it true that Frost and Blood dots deal more damage than Necrotic Plague?

Edit: The good news is that I forgot to replace my weapon (had 660 conquest) and chest (same). God I am such a noob.
    I don't know much about DKs and don't really care about them to by honest.

I'm sure you can find all you need in the DK forums here though.