Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Can anyone help fix our Feral druids DPS? I'm and officer and tank for a Heroic (hopefully Mythic soon) raiding guild and we have a Feral druid under performing massively in our raids.

Here's the logs of last nights Normal Kill
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/4KgRaH2APW7Yxwtd#type=summary&source=31Imperator

Here is a log of our 5/7 HC run last week so you can see some other fights.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/XJHj8nFZACfM24a1#fight=4

Here' is his Armoury link
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Zenedar/Jinarka/simple

If you copy paste the links they will work

I've been trying to get other people in the guild to help him out including our other Feral druid, however I've never played a Druid myself and although I can kind of see some of the things he's doing wrong, I don't know he can fix it.

Sorry if this thread was too old to bump but I got directed here from the sticky, any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT I'm really sorry about those links but the website wont let me post them properly because I don't have many posts... I'm more of a lurker.
    Last edited by mmoc82e4f5d70a; 2015-01-13 at 01:22 PM.

Really low uptime on rip/rake, do you put him on stairs? if so don't let him stay on kargath all fight. He should be closer to 95% instead of 30-40. He also doesn't stealth and rake for the SR buff at start, he didnt used second potion, and SR seems a bit low overall without digging to deep it feels like he has problems maintaining his dots. He also seem to stand in lot's of shit he shouldn't be hit off.

Get him to install Ovale addon until he get the grip of it and get rid of that wildcharge talent and you should see some major difference in DPS.

Deleted
    i've gotta rush out but first thing i'd say is get him to download Ovale so he can at least get abit of a feel for the rotation. It won't put him in the top 1% but it'll get him on the right track. On the fight I looked at, Kargath, his bleed up-time is awful, haven't got time to look at the rest but i'm guessing his 'rotation' priorities are all over the place.

And keep him away from AOE tasks, especially where mobs have a low hp *such as the stands on kargath*, our ST is pretty strong but our AOE is nothing short of atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to start with, neither his cloak or neck are enchanted. They need crit enchants on them asap. Cloak would obviously benefit from movespeed too especially as ferals have a hard time switching targets over other classes, being able to get to your next target quicker helps. He needs a crit gem in his legs too. I'm not going to go all out and say his gems/enchants must be the best gems or gift enchants but the cloak one really should be.

Onto the logs.

I am unsure what's going on here, I know comparing Imperator (him) to my Kargath fights are massively different due to the mechanics, but if I can pull nearly 22k dps with using offspec items/gear and he's doing 14k with only 1 item level difference (roughly) between us, then something is wrong.

What immediately stands out are a few things:

He is hardly using his ferocious bite at all on the Imperator kill (used it twice), what on earth are all those combo points going onto?

In the HM Kargath his debuff/buff uptime is horrendous. I noticed his only target was Kargath in that whole fight making my normal mode a good example to compare against. Take our two logs here:

My dot uptime is above 90% for Rake/Rip with an incorrectly setup UI - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1/?s=163&e=415
    His is 65% Rake, 48% Rip: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=19

My Savage Roar uptime is 96%, his is 26.32%, that's a buff that gives you 30% more damage done. That's a major contributor to his low damage too.

Without sounding rude, I don't think he knows how to play a feral at all. He's managed to sort his Bloodtalons out, but the rest is all over the place. Unfortunately BT will not give him the damage he needs.

He should do a couple of things:

Run AskMrRobot or something like that on his gear and go for the optimiser.
    Download Ovale and perhaps the Pawkets Weak Auras script too to help maintain his dots.

I could always jump in a raid with you guys, just like normal Kargath and see how he does/speak to him after if you wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to take a wild guess that he hasn't been playing the game all that long, or he's playing on a newer account possibly, looking at his achievements.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Thanks for the help guys this is great stuff and I can feed it back to him and to him and the other officers so we can help him out.

Fierae - Yeah I think he started playing in November, so literally only a few months so his lack of DPS is understandable as raiding, Dps and even WoW are all new to him and I can imagine its a lots to take in compared to us guys who've played for almost 10 years on and off.

Due to this none of us are mad at him for being bad, he actually has a really great attitude toward criticism and wanting to improve although he doesn't ever ask for help and we need to point it out to him that he's doing stuff wrong, he's a nice guy so we try to put this across as positive criticism but it doesn't make improvement happen.

I really appreciate your offer about joining us, and I may take you up on it! Thank you.

Any other advice people have would still be great the more info we have the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post

My Savage Roar uptime is 96%, his is 26.32%, that's a buff that gives you 30% more damage done. That's a major contributor to his low damage too.

Without sounding rude, I don't think he knows how to play a feral at all. He's managed to sort his Bloodtalons out, but the rest is all over the place. Unfortunately BT will not give him the damage he needs.

If hes that bad learning the full rotation, maybe start with glyph that makes savage roar passive... its a dps loss compare to 100% uptime and teh other glyph... but with only #6% uptime, that glyph would be a 20% bump inn his overall dps.

I also, I have not trie Ovale, but I used Claw as a rotation helper to get back into feral after a couple years on my monk.
    Rawr

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a good suggestion yes, using the passive Savage Roar glyph might help
    Digital Rumination
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    According to his armoury he already has that Glyph? How can he have such a low uptime on that buff while having a glyph that make sit passive? Does this mean he's almost never using abilities such as rake or shred?

EDIT: nevermind they seem to be his highest cast abilities... I'm so confused.
    Last edited by mmoc82e4f5d70a; 2015-01-13 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    That is a good suggestion yes, using the passive Savage Roar glyph might help
    Don't get the passive roar glyph. Get him Ovale/Spell Flash/Claw and get him to practice one the target dummies for as long as he can be bothered.. it's all about getting that priority system into his muscle memory so that when he see's his bleed timers he knows how to react.

Speaking of which, definitely get him to download weak auras and Pawkets' aura strings, they're fantastic. You can find them on the fluid druid forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohks View Post
    According to his armoury he already has that Glyph? How can he have such a low uptime on that buff while having a glyph that make sit passive? Does this mean he's almost never using abilities such as rake or shred?

EDIT: nevermind they seem to be his highest cast abilities... I'm so confused.
    That's a different glyph! There are two! One makes it a self buff when you rake/shred from stealth, the other drops the percentage it buffs you but makes it passive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nicebikemate View Post
    Don't get the passive roar glyph. Get him Ovale/Spell Flash/Claw and get him to practice one the target dummies for as long as he can be bothered.. it's all about getting that priority system into his muscle memory so that when he see's his bleed timers he knows how to react.
    I was just saying for him to get the passive if he struggles with the rotation. The same argument would apply to CoS over BT.
    Digital Rumination

Deleted
    Ahhhh I see, I totally agree with you, he needs that glyph until he can understand his rotation a bit better. Thanks guys.

Deleted
    That's a different glyph! There are two! One makes it a self buff when you rake/shred from stealth, the other drops the percentage it buffs you but makes it passive.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just saying for him to get the passive if he struggles with the rotation. The same argument would apply to CoS over BT.
    I just don't see the point in learning a dumbed down version of the priority. As he's starting from scratch he's better off getting one of the priority helping add-ons and jumping straight into it. It's much harder to relearn something that you're doing wrongly than it is to learn something correct in the first place. I guess everyone's different but that's just how I'd do it :/

I suspect he's struggling with the rotation now because he literally doesn't know what to cast when - certainly if that Kargath kill is anything to go by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's how I'd do it as well, but if he's already struggling and hasn't read up on the standard rotation anyway, chances are it might overwhelm him and put him off.
    Digital Rumination

Brothers , I need help ! warcraftlogs dot com/reports/TwdBCcYD2MntkXqy/#

Blast furnace heroic progress . I feel as if my dps is complete shit , and I have no idea how to fix it . It's only on multiple target fights i feel this way ( more than 2 targets ) on singletarget i do fine ( 90th % ) . Any obvious mistakes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbyansel View Post
    Brothers , I need help ! warcraftlogs dot com/reports/TwdBCcYD2MntkXqy/#

Blast furnace heroic progress . I feel as if my dps is complete shit , and I have no idea how to fix it . It's only on multiple target fights i feel this way ( more than 2 targets ) on singletarget i do fine ( 90th % ) . Any obvious mistakes ?
    The fact is, you are going to be lower than your raid here. Take a look at Elementalist damage, here. You are the top damage on them, which shows you are helping get through a major dps hurdle and, from my experience on normal and heroic, the most important part of the fight. Other classes will be handling cleaving and aoeing the adds much better than you will, and there really is no way to attempt to shore that up, so don't try to. Play to your strengths, burn down priority targets.

I've only done the fight on normal thus far, and my entire job in that fight was to burn down the bellows operators, and burn down the elementalists within 1 shield drop. That really was it and if I accomplished that then my overall dps was a non issue.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Deleted
    On Blast Furnace ALL you need to do is: Phase 1: focus the operator's, Phase 2: Focus the Elementalists, save your cooldowns for these guys. You can have Tiger's fury for every elementalists and probably one set of 3 minutes to use on one. Use potion on one as well if you need to. Phase 3: Burn the boss.

You'll look like shit on overall meters but you'll be in top 3 on all priority targets if you choose to do so.

Thanks for the pointers ! I'll try and just have damage done to important targets show up on my screen x) The rest is depressing

Deleted
    Hey guys maybe someone could help me out on this one.

I use atm Beating Heart of the Mountain & scales of doom 680/85

Should i switch scales of doom for double sided coin (4p set) to increase my burst? Or should i just ignore the use trinkets because of the 1 min uptime lost on each burst cycle and go for procc trinkets. (Could get both 680 craft trinkets)
    Mythic brf loot still far away btw. :>

No clue how to sim those scenarios with 4p set and downtime on use trinkets.

Thanks in advance

Cèrnd EU Forscherliga

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerndo View Post
    I use atm Beating Heart of the Mountain & scales of doom 680/85
    Same thing with me, except I have beating Heart 680 and Scales 670. Currently my lucky coin is in my bags, because I'm not sure how to optimally use two on use trinkets. Thanks for the help in advance!

Deleted
    The mythic Scales should at least in theory pull slightly ahead of Lucky coin but the latter one has the advantage that you can control when to use it. This can be valuable when you are still progressing on bosses.