Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trailer: “Point of No Return” Begins January 13

Trailer: “Point of No Return” Begins January 13

The time for truth has come: the “Point of No Return” release brings Season 2 of the Living World
    to a finale on Tuesday, January 13.

Log in while this episode is live to unlock free, permanent access to the story content of “The
    Point of No Return.”

Subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay on top of our latest video releases!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...ns-january-13/
    Valar morghulis

Well shit, I'll have to find someones computer to log into and get the update saved on. Stupid computer blowing up over the holidays -_-

They named that episode well. If they go on another huge break before the next LS season and keep narrowing player choice like they've been doing this last year, it really will be The Point of No Return.

I'm still interested to see the story, but not much else beyond stacking up some AP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    They named that episode well. If they go on another huge break before the next LS season and keep narrowing player choice like they've been doing this last year, it really will be The Point of No Return.

I'm still interested to see the story, but not much else beyond stacking up some AP.
    Hopefully, and I mean hopefully, they will deliver and not make it into a "No point to return."

If they are just having this one episode and then go on another long hiatus with no information about what is in store for future content then they are really just killing the game themselves.

And I say this as a big fan of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If they are just having this one episode and then go on another long hiatus with no information about what is in store for future content then they are really just killing the game themselves.

Yeah, Season 2 has been lagging for me, hopefully they kick it up a notch before I run out of stuff in Secret World. Of course, between SW:TOR, GW2 and Secret World, at least ONE of them should keep me entertained...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, Season 2 has been lagging for me, hopefully they kick it up a notch before I run out of stuff in Secret World. Of course, between SW:TOR, GW2 and Secret World, at least ONE of them should keep me entertained...
    I play Neverwinter as well, myself. It affords an amusing distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

It's suppose to be a feature patch next if we follow history (if last feature patch could even be called a feature)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Nice information useful for all users........

Deleted
    Anybody else got a feeling "we're gonna kill Caithe" from watching this?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Anybody else got a feeling "we're gonna kill Caithe" from watching this?
    No, we're just gonna learn about her past and her secrets. At least that's what i think.

OT: Seems like the patch will be somewhat bigger then the previous ones, but nothing too big. They didn't really show us anything special or new because i think they just didn't want to reveal to much during the trailer. ANet will most likely go on a break after this episode, announcing their roadmap at pax south and announcing and wvw and pvp tournament. The break from episode 7 to this one was because of the holidays. As sad as it is to say but i don't think we're getting any significant content until June maybe, with a feature pack in there somewhere. Hopefully im wrong though.

Seeing and hearing everything about Living World Season 2 just makes me glad that I decided to hang up my GW2 hat for good last year. I dabbled a little in the first few episodes of LW:S2 (just to see if Anet had gotten their heads out of their asses yet, but alas they hadn't) but found it was more of the same bland, boring nonsense they tried to shove down our throats in Season 1. The game as a whole hasn't really progressed any beyond what we had available to us all the way back in November of 2013 (when they released Fractals I think?). Outside of Edge of the Mists and a few new instances, the game as a whole has been really stagnant. Even the comestic shit that the game was suppose to rely heavily upon has been pretty sad (I realize that is more of my opinion, but it is still valid nonetheless).

IMO, this game needs an expansion fast, but even then, it's only going to appeal to people who still find the game somewhat entertaining. People like me won't be returning any time soon, if at all. Which makes me sad because I played GW1 for YEARS and had fun with it up until GW2 launched. GW2 however, has done nothing but leave a bitter taste in my mouth. While I know that GW2 was meant to be a different game compared to GW1, I still feel like Anet has REALLY dropped the ball with this game.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2015-01-12 at 06:50 AM.

Which makes me sad because I played GW1 for YEARS and had fun with it up until GW2 launched. GW2 however, has done nothing but leave a bitter taste in my mouth. While I know that GW2 was meant to be a different game compared to GW1, I still feel like Anet has REALLY dropped the ball with this game.
    Guild Wars 2 is a far greater and more profitable product for Arena.net than Guild Wars 1. So it is difficult to say that Anet have "dropped the ball" by making a game that is larger in scope and more financially successful than previous offerings.

However, I do think it is fair to be underwhelmed by the method and structure of Guild Wars 2 compared to it's contemporaries in the current market. In particular for an end user POV. The great sledge on the side of GW2 by comparison to the end user is the one time purchase. Though I feel there are much more robust offerings where/were cost a non-factor for the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is a far greater and more profitable product for Arena.net than Guild Wars 1. So it is difficult to say that Anet have "dropped the ball" by making a game that is larger in scope and more financially successful than previous offerings.

However, I do think it is fair to be underwhelmed by the method and structure of Guild Wars 2 compared to it's contemporaries in the current market. In particular for an end user POV. The great sledge on the side of GW2 by comparison to the end user is the one time purchase. Though I feel there are much more robust offerings where/were cost a non-factor for the audience.
    More profitable for Anet, sure. But from a player perspective (for me personally) they are failing hard on the game. They totally tore the Guild Wars franchise to shit for me and it angers me because I invested so much into the first one and loved every minute of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    More profitable for Anet, sure. But from a player perspective (for me personally) they are failing hard on the game. They totally tore the Guild Wars franchise to shit for me and it angers me because I invested so much into the first one and loved every minute of it.
    I believe most GW1 players feel the same way, I am definitely included. Rift is the only other MMO I can play these days though with its build diversity. GW2 is just a waiting game, waiting for something better to come along like GvG or relevant lore and expanded zones or dungeons that aren't grind fests.

GW2 is arguably still better than the rest, WoW demolished its lore with panda's and the new expansion has gutted all specs into like 3 buttons (hyperbole but still) and completely ruined the rotation of many of my characters.. so fucking yay for casualism destroying MMOs as always.

GW2 is still enjoyable but only with friends imo

PS: I can't even log in, stuck on the last file for the new LS update and I don't even want to play it.. good fucking game lel.

Ahh client restart fixed it, didn't want to lose the download but if you are stuck on last file just restart.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2015-01-13 at 05:47 PM.

That last video of the episode ...

Did they really have to plug the expansion announcement IN GAME? hahahaha what a bunch of tits.

So they took a break for this shit?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Wait...wait...there's a trailer for their PAX presence in-game at the end of the living story content?

Am I understanding this correctly?

It's the video linked in another thread here.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It's the video linked in another thread here.
    So is that a yes or a no? Because I'm avoiding spoilers as I want to play through this at some point.