Thread: Avatar 2!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So... News about Avatar 2! It's coming! (Yes, the one with the blue indians)...(come to think of it, the water tribe also wears blue, and kinda look like indians...but not that one).. Anyway, it's coming as early aaaaas ...!

late 2017 kbye.

- - - Updated - - -

Accidentally posted this on general, I apologize to the mods for that! Couldn't include the link to the news because I haven't reached the post limit, and was not willing to spam other threads to do so. Anyway, the news was on BBC.com, you can google it.

idk how they're gonna revive Stephen Lang...but if he's still in there, it might be worth it. Pretty much the only reason the first one was any fun to watch.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    idk how they're gonna revive Stephen Lang...but if he's still in there, it might be worth it. Pretty much the only reason the first one was any fun to watch.
    Yeah I especially loved the face he made when he died.

Deleted
    Good lord! You've scared me!
    I thought It was a new Last Airbender movie...

We knew it was coming, along with Avatar 3 and 4, but it's been moved back yet again. They were supposed to come in December 2016, 2017 and 2018. Now it's 2017, 2018 and 2019. Apparently it's because of the scriptwriters needing more time to make sure all three movies tie well together and such (implying they will be fit together like LOTR and not just be three separate sequels, each with an entirely new plot). They apparently have quite a lot of people working on it, so how it can take them so many years I don't know, but it could mean that they're putting more effort into the story this time around instead of only focusing on the mileu and tech-stuff (which was totally fine for the first movie). That's promising.

Deleted
    AMG do we really need more SMURF POCAHONTAS? ^^

Yep. Wish it didn't get pushed back. James Cameron did a pretty nice AMA on reddit a bit ago, talking about it. I really hope they re-release the first one, friend of mine never got to see it in all that 3D glory.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I think I read something about clones.

Sigourney Weaver is also supposed to be returning for the sequel. Ill quote James Cameron here: "No one ever dies in sci-fi"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balong View Post
    WE DO NOT SPEAK OF IT. IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Seriously, i hope they never continue it.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

We already had Avatar 2, it was Korra.

But seriously, I don't really know what to expect from Avatar 2 anyways. Isn't it supposed to take place on a moon around the planet the first movie was on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Avatar. That's what overselling a movie does to you. "Go see this movie it's so great" "OHMYGAWD THE 3D" It sucked.
    Sam Worthington is maybe the worst actor on this planet.

Still hoping for Avatar 2, but considering it's been over five years now since the first one came out, and Cameron is still only writing it... I'm doubting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senjumaru Shutara View Post
    But seriously, I don't really know what to expect from Avatar 2 anyways. Isn't it supposed to take place on a moon around the planet the first movie was on?
    Cameron suggested he was interested in an underwater adventure for the second, so tropical Na'vi and submarine battles?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I hated Avatar. That's what overselling a movie does to you. "Go see this movie it's so great" "OHMYGAWD THE 3D" It sucked.
    Sam Worthington is maybe the worst actor on this planet.
    That's slightly exaggerating man o_O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runeshear View Post
    WE DO NOT SPEAK OF IT. IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Seriously, i hope they never continue it.
    Shayamalamlaman's latest masterpiece, The Last Firebender, because f*ck you, that's why!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theylor View Post
    Yeah I especially loved the face he made when he died.
    You do understand that human beings in the real world have actually died, and been dead for quite some time, and then been resuscitated, right? So, we're talking about a hyper sci-fi, on a living planet that has the ability to just "grab" the consciousness of a being and then transfer it into an empty vessel.

I thought his character was pretty derivative and two dimensional.

Then again you could apply that comment to every aspect of the movie.

It did seem stupid to me that it killed off all the notable supporting characters though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    Sigourney Weaver is also supposed to be returning for the sequel. Ill quote James Cameron here: "No one ever dies in sci-fi"
    I think he's thinking of comic books.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I think I read something about clones.
    In my list of worst plot devices, I think clones beat out android replicas and alternate universe characters for bottom slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    The only true way to watch the movie is to see Quartich as the hero of the story. Filthy xenos lovers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balong View Post
    Dear Lord same here. I was gonna give ISIS M. Night's street address and let whatever happens, happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot help but think that these movies won't do nearly as well as they seem to think they will. The first one was the first, big, 3D movie back when that was still a novelty. Now, no one cares about 3D anymore. The movie itself is really nothing special and, at least for me, completely forgettable. I honestly could not tell you the name of a single character from that movie. They seem to think it is going to be some huge franchise like LotR or Star Wars and I really just don't see that happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    We knew it was coming, along with Avatar 3 and 4, but it's been moved back yet again. They were supposed to come in December 2016, 2017 and 2018. Now it's 2017, 2018 and 2019. Apparently it's because of the scriptwriters needing more time to make sure all three movies tie well together and such (implying they will be fit together like LOTR and not just be three separate sequels, each with an entirely new plot). They apparently have quite a lot of people working on it, so how it can take them so many years I don't know, but it could mean that they're putting more effort into the story this time around instead of only focusing on the mileu and tech-stuff (which was totally fine for the first movie). That's promising.
    They're probably discussing to much on which movies they're going to completely rip-off this time. While acting as if they made a new genre or something.

Think about Apple, but then movies.