Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post What's your favorite TV show?

Hello,

Let's talk about shows, TV-shows.
    You can recommend more then one show, but not the same twice and different posts.

What information the post should include:

Title:
    Picture:
    Seasons:
    Plot:
    Lead actors:
    Genre:
    Why you like the show:
    Your personal rating (1-10):

So heres mine!

Fargo

Seasons:
    1 so far, season 2 coming soon.

Plot:
    A drifter named Lorne Malvo arrives in small-town Minnesota and influences the population with his malice and violence, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard.

Lead actors:
    Billy Bob Thornton, Colin Hanks, Martin Freeman, Allison Tolman

Genre:
    Crime, Drama, Thriller

Why you like the show:
    When I first heard about Fargo I did not like it at all, the cult-classic movie "Fargo" was indeed one of my favorite Cohen brothers movies, but I did not see any way to adapt the movie to a tv-show. But after a few weeks I read that it would only take inspiration from the movie, and the plot would be different. So, I watched episode 1 and I was immediately hooked. The characters were so good, especially BBT who portraied a psychopathic devil like figuer better then any others I've seen. As the show kept going it always kept me on my toes, always thinking "Oh I know what's gonna happend now!" but then just blowing my mind once again. It's the best tv-show I've ever seen, and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Personal rating:
    10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Title: Farscape

Picture:

Seasons: 4 and a movie (apparently there's a second movie in the works, set 20 years after the first movie, but I slightly doubt it'll ever happen).

Plot: Thrown into a distant part of the universe during a science experiment gone wrong, astronaut John Chrichton finds himself part of a fugitive alien starship crew, persued across space by a mad spaceship commander, hellbent on seeing him dead.

Lead actors: Ben Browder Claurdia Black Anthony Simcoe Johnathan Hardy Virginia Hey Gigi Edgley Lani Tupu and Wayne Pygram

Genre: lil bit of everything really... Primarily SciFi Drama/comedy,

Why you like the show: I LOVE this show because it's one of the great unsung heroes of Sci Fi. It has everything, interesting characters with real depth, a fantastic storyline that grips from episode one to the final movie, just enough humour to lighten the episodes without killing the tone and a principle cast of amazing actors, who really make the show come to life. In fact my only problem with the show is that it ended .

Your personal rating (1-10): 11.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Game of thrones is my favorite, breaking bad, battle star galactica, viking, and firefly are magnificent also. Walking dead is cool too I guess, but I wish the writing was smarter.

Elementary. Crime Drama.

Stars Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu.

10/10 will watch until it ends.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna say Game of Thrones because that's pretty obvious and most of the people already know about the show. So I'm gonna go with my 2nd favorite show:

The Following

Seasons:
    2 with the 3rd one starting on March 2, 2015.

Plot:
    Former FBI Agent Ryan Hardy (played by Kevin Bacon) is continuing his pursuit of serial killer Joe Carroll (played by James Purefoy) who recently escaped form prison. Carroll used his time in prison to form a cult of like minded serial killers in an attempt to humiliate Hardy.

Lead actors:
    Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy, Valorie Curry, Natalie Zea, Shawn Ashmore

Genre:
    Drama, Thriller

Why I like the show:
    It keeps you on your toes. Even though it's pretty predictable at times it can really shock you in terms of plot twists. It is one of the most violent shows ever made by a commercial network. Bacon's and Purefoy's chemistry is so amazing it makes you think these two are mortal enemies in real life but still admire each other's work. They work brilliantly together. Also: It's Kevin Bacon. C'mon. It's a must watch!

Personal rating:
    10/10

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doctor Who

Seasons
    1963-1989, 2005-Present

Plot
    A mad-man in a blue police box travels in time and space.

Lead actors
    William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, John Hurt, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi

Genre
    Scifi

Why I like the show
    Because bow ties are cool.

Personal rating
    12/10

Edit for my failure.
    Last edited by icausewipes; 2015-01-18 at 02:59 AM.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Doctor Who

Seasons
    1963-1989, 2005-Present

Plot
    A mad-man in a blue police box travels in time and space.

Lead actors
    William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, John Hurt, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, Matt Smith

Genre
    Scifi

Why I like the show
    Because bow ties are cool.

Personal rating
    12/10
    You missed an actor out.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    Title: Castle

Picture:

Seasons: 7 Seasons and prob a 8th

Plot: Richard Castle, a famous mystery novelist who has killed off the main character in his book series and has writer's block. He is brought in by the NYPD for questioning regarding a copy-cat murder based on one of his novels. He is intrigued by this new window into crime and murder, and uses his connection with the Mayor to charm his way into shadowing Detective Kate Beckett. Castle decides to use Beckett as the model for Nikki Heat, the main character of his next book series. Beckett, an avid reader of Castle's books, initially disapproves of having Castle shadow her on her cases, but later warms up and recognizes Castle as a useful resource in her team's investigations but as off season 5 they became a couple and as off season 6 they became engaged and they married in season 7.

Lead actors: Nathan Fillion as Nathan Fillion as Richard Edgar Castle/Richard Alexander Rodgers, and Stana Katic as Detective Katherine Houghton Beckett, Jon Huertas as Detective Javier Esposito, Seamus Dever as Detective Kevin Ryan, Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Penny Johnson Jerald as Captain Victoria Gates,

Genre: Crime/Drama, Tho thats up for debate because the show has become a lot more romantic then it has drama.

Why you like the show: The way Nathan fillion plays Castle (Im a huge Firefly fan) is just too funny and the banter between the leads aswell as the rapid pool of gueststars and regular cast members.

Your personal rating (1-10): 8-10
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-01-17 at 08:19 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Avatar the last airbender and Stargate some good science fiction/fantasy shows.

Hannibal

Seasons:
    2 so far, season 3 coming this summer

Plot:
    Explores the early relationship between the renowned psychiatrist and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler Will Graham, who is haunted by his ability to empathize with serial killers.

Lead Actors:
    Mads Mikkelsen, Hugh Dancy, Lawrence Fishburne (with Gillian Anderson confirmed as series regular for season 3!)

Genre:
    Horror (Crime/Drama/Thriller)

Why I like the show:
    Creator Bryan Fuller channels the likes of Lynch and Cronenberg to create one of the darkest, most horrific and surreal shows to grace network television in a very long time. Mikkelsen completely re-imagines Dr. Lecter as an almost Satanic figure who manipulates and corrupts everyone who gets close to him, especially Hugh Dancy's Will Graham. "Hannibal" is also one of the most beautiful looking and sounding shows on television, even at its most horrific. Season 1 builds slowly but comes to a pitch black conclusion while Season 2 is pure madness leading to a finale which to me ranks as one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen. The wait for season 3 is killing me.

Personal Rating
    10/10
    Last edited by Gorca; 2015-01-18 at 02:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorca View Post
    Hannibal
    Woah! Morpheus AND Scully are series regulars... I may have to check that show out
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Its a draw between American Dragon

Vikings
    How to train your dragon
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-01-18 at 05:30 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Community

Seasons: 5, with a 6th! coming this march

Plot: The interactions of a study group at a community college, but really epsidoes could be about just about anything since this show doesn't really constrict itself ever. Pseudo led by Jeffrey Winger, a lawyer who was disbarred upon learning his degree was fake joins this study group and for the first time in his life feels like he is part of a community.
    Lead actors: Joel McHale, Allison Brie, Danny Pudi, Gillians Jacobs, Ken Jeong, and Jim Rash. Former seasons included: Yvette Nicole Brown, Chevy Chase, Donald Glover, Jonathan Banks, and John Oliver.

Genre: Comedy/Sitcom

Why you like the show: This is a show that is hard to describe since form week to week the way they attempt comedy changes so dramatically. The first season was a lot of typical sitcom-esque episodes, that all worked for me. As seasons progressed they started exploring weirder and crazier stories that made the show ever better for me. The commitment the actors give, especially Rash and Jeong to flat out ridiculous characters make for literally the funniest scenes I have ever seen on a consistent basis. I will also admit I really like the chemistry brie and Joel have, and while they are really slow burning it I think the payoff will be worth it on that angle. It is very hard to describe this show, since it does so many different things. This is a show that has survived a ton of ridiculous stuff basically off the back of it's incredibly loyal fanbase. It isn't a super large one, but they stuck up for this show no matter what. Chevy chase quit/got fired for his on set antics, the creator of the show left THEN came back. Donald Glover, a star made by the show left during the fifth season. They dealt with low ratings basically since season once, and got cancelled by NBC after season 5 only to be picked up by Yahoo Screens. Since the first season they have been dealing terrible ratings, only propped up by group that never quits on this show. A show of intangible qualities that all make up for the greatest show of all time in my opinion. While it has been wholly unappreciated by major awards, it lives up to the hype if the show is your cup of tea.
    Your personal rating (1-10): 10

*While this is my favorite show of all time by far, and I watch an obscene amount of television. It also wouldn't be something I would just blindly recommend to people, since a lot of people end up not "getting it". It's a show you either love or you don't really like. I personally am in the love camp but have been disappointed before when others haven't seen it as the masterpiece I feel it is. Watch with caution

**If you like 2/3 of: Parks and Rec type show, A Sunny in Philly show, or arrested development then you will most likely enjoy this show. There isn't one show I have seen that is remotely comparable on it's own so I have to give shows surrounding what it is.

To the OP: I was super surprised by how much I liked Fargo, definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen, Probably my number two drama (Albeit it only has one season) behind Breaking Bad.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2015-01-18 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Woah! Morpheus AND Scully are series regulars... I may have to check that show out
    Scully plays Lecter's psychiatrist. Wrap your head around THAT .

Title: Gravity Falls
    Picture: How about a short instead?

Seasons: 2 (well, 1 1/2 at this point?)
    Plot: Dipper and Mabel work to unravel the secrets of the town of Gravity Falls, kind of. Here they're going to a petting zoo!
    Lead actors: Well the main characters are probably Dipper, Mabel, Great Uncle (grunkle) Stan, Soos, and Wendy. Old Man McGucket is in there too.
    Genre: humor/fantasy/horror/mystery?
    Why you like the show: A brilliant blend of light and dark humor with memorable characters really makes this show stand out from the crowd.
    Your personal rating (1-10): 10. I have yet to see a bad episode, which is why I put it above Avatar: The Last Airbender, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Legend of Korra, and Wander Over Yonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Title: Supernatural

Seasons: 11

Plot: The story revolves around two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester as they follow their father's footsteps, hunting down evil supernatural creatures such as monsters, demons, and even fallen gods while trying to save innocent people along the way.

Lead actors: Jensen Ackles, Jared Paladecki, Misha Collins,

Genre: Fantasy

Why you like the show: It's a fun show with a good story and well acted.

Your personal rating (1-10): 10
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'd say Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'm not good at all that picture mumbo jumbo, and if you wanna know what it's about go watch it!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Hannibal

Seasons:
    2 so far, season 3 coming this summer

Plot:
    Explores the early relationship between the renowned psychiatrist and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler Will Graham, who is haunted by his ability to empathize with serial killers.

Lead Actors:
    Mads Mikkelsen, Hugh Dancy, Lawrence Fishburne (with Gillian Anderson confirmed as series regular for season 3!)

Genre:
    Horror (Crime/Drama/Thriller)

Why I like the show:
    Creator Bryan Fuller channels the likes of Lynch and Cronenberg to create one of the darkest, most horrific and surreal shows to grace network television in a very long time. Mikkelsen completely re-imagines Dr. Lecter as an almost Satanic figure who manipulates and corrupts everyone who gets close to him, especially Hugh Dancy's Will Graham. "Hannibal" is also one of the most beautiful looking and sounding shows on television, even at its most horrific. Season 1 builds slowly but comes to a pitch black conclusion while Season 2 is pure madness leading to a finale which to me ranks as one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen. The wait for season 3 is killing me.

Personal Rating
    10/10
    I fully concur. Incredible show, blowing the original movies out of the water!

Deep Space Nine is one of my favorite Star Trek series.

Scully plays Lecter's psychiatrist. Wrap your head around THAT .
    He does a fine job though!