Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Fox reviving X-Files

fox has announced that they have plans and are in talks to revive x-files

"Speaking at today’s press tour, Fox CEO Gary Newman confirmed that the network is “hoping” to bring back The X-Files, with “conversations” already under way.

"We've had some converstions on #TheXFiles. We're hoping to bring that back," says #Fox's Gary Newman. #TCA15 #thetruthisoutthere"

http://seriable.com/the-x-files-season-10-fox-revival/

GET HYPE @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox? Cancelled after 1 Season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go home fox you're drunk.

Leave the X-Files where it is, in the hallowed halls among the greatest TV shows ever.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Go home fox you're drunk.

Leave the X-Files where it is, in the hallowed halls among the greatest TV shows ever.
    I could get down with another X-Files show. Not sure I'd want Mulder and Scully in any other role than supporting though, it might be nice with new agents/people but set in the same world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the characters will be hardcore GOP lovers

not gonna be the same unless mulder and scully in it ;/
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I could be interested in an X-files revival. The only condition I would have is that the series needs to have an at least somewhat planned story arc.

Way too many shows have sold themselves in part on having a central mystery when in reality they were just making up crap as they went along and the original X-files was not an exception. There can be flexibility built into it, but in general there needs to be a general trajectory the show is heading towards and there needs to be some sort of major payoff within the first few seasons.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I started to geta little interested in the X-Files back in the day when I thought stuff like Mulder's sister had a pre-planned resoultion the show would get too.

When I realised it was the typical tv show trope of pretending to be preplanned, but really everything was just made up week to week...I lost interest.

reviving the show NOW, especially as a continuation, seems odd to me, especially when sucha continuation makes it even more obvious there was not super interest resoultion being worked towards, just random monster of the week pap.

Maybe if the films had been successful, but they can't have been as it's been ages since the last one.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    a limited series run with a proper story & the original cast back could be unreal.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    I honestly don't know if I'd watch it. I kinda fear that it will be too political correct and avoid a lot of interesting topics such as government conspiracies.
    That is my biggest concern as well.

Also the invention of like the internet (well, the more prolific usage of it) and better cell phones/tech kind of ruin the "old schoolish" vibe the original series has for me...but perhaps it will be good!?

I'll watch it. THey just better pay scully the same amount this time damnit!
    You're a towel.

Have a plan and stick to it while maybe tying up some loose ends could be fun. Would be neat to see what it'd take for the FBI to re-open the X-Files.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Have a plan and stick to it while maybe tying up some loose ends could be fun. Would be neat to see what it'd take for the FBI to re-open the X-Files.
    I just really, really hope they have several "Humor" monster of the week episodes, like humbug, and bad blood. Those were always my favorite monster of the week ones.

Also your name really bothers me. If you made it for one post, and you have 1130, does that mean...*Mind explode*
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I just really, really hope they have several "Humor" monster of the week episodes, like humbug, and bad blood. Those were always my favorite monster of the week ones.

Also your name really bothers me. If you made it for one post, and you have 1130, does that mean...*Mind explode*
    I made it for one post back in the day...then the Fire Nation attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I wonder if the characters will be hardcore GOP lovers

You do know that Fox News is not a show on the Fox network, right?

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Reboot Sliders.
    much this.

also if they do x-files make it a proper story instead of monster of the week.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    also if they do x-files make it a proper story instead of monster of the week.
    Towards the end of the series, the monster of the week episodes ended up being better than the conspiracy/main story episodes. I found anyway.
    Hi

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid they are going to ruin x-files just like they did with Smallville. It took Clark Kent 9 or 10 seasons to learn how to fly if i remember right and ruined superman's image with the emo clark who always talks about love and kissing.

The only way this could work is if it was a prequel story set in high school using the original cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I never watched the X-Files series. I saw the movies and they were...meh.
    The movies are super myeh, the series is SUPER awesome.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30