Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People here act like all the people selling the statue are stupid, just because they are jealous.

The thing i wonder about is, why people are so stupid to pay 500$ for this Statue when you could just wait for 1-2 weeks when it gets obvious, that there are millions of these around and you will probably get one for something like 50-100$.

Seems like its not the people selling it who have no self-restraint, its the people buying it who think OMG I NEED THIS NERDVIRGINITYPROTECTOR NOW I CANT WAIT TO PUT IT IN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE OF MY BASEMENT.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I had gotten the statue, I would've sold it as well, because the time of my having statues is over

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anything wrong with that. It was a gift and you can do whatever you want with that gift. It is a dick move though.

I don't see why selling the Statue is a problem at all.

Having worked now in the video game industry for 12+ years I can tell you that fans were not the only ones who got that packaged statue. It probably was handed out to employees as well.

And, of course...as an employee, you are probably already filled to the brim with Warcraft shit. And as such another fucking statue isn't going to get you excited and the chance to pawn it off to some idiot fan who's dumb enough to pay 900 bucks for one of those is too great.

And then you get to see it on ebay.

So while I'm sure fans are selling theirs, you could also have a bunch of employees not having a fuck to give with regards to those statues.

I would sell it too for 500$. Come on, a statue for 500$.

Funny thing is if it wasnt a statue but an code for an ingame item (like a mount or smth) it would probably sell for a lot more money on ebay than the actual statue .

I don't see loyality built around selling or not selling the statue. The guide lines were pretty clear. They have been subbed since the game started (more or less, but techincal folks.. poke at this one.. lol!).. let me say that again.. subbed since the game started (more or less).

That is loyality.

Not only is it a long, long, long time. But it also means they didn't give into the endless waves of QQ. The endless the game is going to die. They stood fast. They remained. That is loyality.

If they end up getting 500 bucks for it on ebay than they earned it. Likely spent more in Blizzards direction anyway.

Not to mention the biggest buck of them all.. who in the hell really cares? If you want one so bad you basiclly just pointed out they are on ebay so go buy one. You obviously didn't meet the critira to get it from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like some folks are jealous that Blizzard didn't give them a couple of hundred bucks for being loyal customers.

I would have sold the statue too. Ironically, I would have probably spent it on more game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    People here act like all the people selling the statue are stupid, just because they are jealous.

The thing i wonder about is, why people are so stupid to pay 500$ for this Statue when you could just wait for 1-2 weeks when it gets obvious, that there are millions of these around and you will probably get one for something like 50-100$.

Seems like its not the people selling it who have no self-restraint, its the people buying it who think OMG I NEED THIS NERDVIRGINITYPROTECTOR NOW I CANT WAIT TO PUT IT IN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE OF MY BASEMENT.
    Did they give any number of how many were given out? Remember it is only for those that signed up withing the first 60 days, which was under 1M, and who have never had a lapse in subscription. My guess is that there are less than 10K of these. I've been subbed since day one. I would get those 60 day time cards from birthdays, Christmas, Father's Day and did not have to pay a recurring fee until June of 2009. However I forgot to pay attention to when that day was and missed one day. When I logged on to find my account locked, I then added my payment method. I am sure there are many of the first few hundred thousand or so who were around in the first 60 days that quit at least once, so the gift is going to be pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    I'm actually asking the question if people think that Blizzard decision was right
    I tend to agree with the sentiment that the recipients can do whatever they want with their gift include selling or regifting it.

That said, what might have been nice would have been if Blizzard extended that to "Veterans" who have been here for 9.8 years, etc., but with a lesser gift. I understand it would get very expensive, very fast if they gave that status to everyone who had been subbed for 9 years, or 8 years, but something smaller, or in game would have helped with the feeling some are getting of "Eff you, you haven't been subbed for 10 years straight".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Deleted
    And how would Blizzard exactly know who would appreciate the gesture or sells the statue?

Seriously guys, try to be rational.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Seems like some folks are jealous that Blizzard didn't give them a couple of hundred bucks for being loyal customers.
    Because it's like getting a gift from your girlfriend thought would be really special and throwing it out as the first thing to pawn off because you needed to pay bills. This is a gift that is supposed to commemorate your love for the game and is a deeply intimate type of gift.

I mean, yes, perhaps I would have liked to have one to put in my home. But I have also only played for 7 years, so it's not really a matter of being jealous for me.

Will be selling mine, never was the statue type.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet I've been far more loyal in my 8 years than many 10 years I know

But back to the topic, I'd most likely try to sell it as well if I get a good amount of money. I mean, it's an orc!

Less than 150$ then I keep it. Because it wil lbe awesome to look at it 30 years ahead or something and all the good memories will come back.

Yes, Blizzard's decision was right. Reward the folks who have been paying them the most.
    Yes, selling them is just fine. The recipients did not pick or choose the reward. Why should they need to keep it? Especially if they needed some money. It's not like it was a personal gift from a friend or relative.

This is proof that there is no shortage of dbags around. If you feel slighted imagine how the people at Blizzard that came up with this idea feel about this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    And how would Blizzard exactly know who would appreciate the gesture or sells the statue?

Seriously guys, try to be rational.
    you asking for rational thinking? here? ...aren't you a little bit of a hopeless optimist? lol

As for that though.. It's also rational to consider the item as an object to be discarded.
    Why would I have another dust catcher standing around? Plus, it is - quite frankly - as ugly as a donkey's ass.
    Selling it is therefore a very valid option.
    The only irrational aspect I see is, the similarities of the in-game auction house behavior and the real life hype.
    Everybody and their grandmother who are willing to sell, doing so...
    And for those sellers now.... Congrats on devaluing your commodity, idiots..
    Put the damn thing away. Make sure it's protected, including the packing, and then sell it sometime down the road.....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

It wasn't just starting within 60 days its also continuous subscription. I started on launch but because there was a 6-7 month period in 09 I'm not elligible. That's 113 out of 120 months which is still more than 93% or an "A" but not good enough. Its fucking bogus since most are just selling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    This is proof that there is no shortage of dbags around. If you feel slighted imagine how the people at Blizzard that came up with this idea feel about this...
    they are mature grown ups, they know the concept of this...
    they don't care.....
    in fact, no one should care. Giving something as a gift should always be unconditional.
    don't put some imaginary duties or boundaries on a gift, or refrain from giving something away at all
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."