looking for a macro that:

casts wild growth if i have a target that is friendly, mousing over a friendly target, or have no target

cast wrath if i have a hostile target

is this possible?

Edit: figured it out, here it is if anyone wants it

/cast [@mouseover,help]Wild Growth;[@target,harm]Wrath;[harm]Wrath;Wild Growth
    Last edited by kheath812; 2015-01-19 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    looking for a macro that:

casts wild growth if i have a target that is friendly, mousing over a friendly target, or have no target

cast wrath if i have a hostile target

is this possible?

Edit: figured it out, here it is if anyone wants it

/cast [@mouseover,help]Wild Growth;[@target,harm]Wrath;[harm]Wrath;Wild Growth
    Improvement: not casting on dead targets and with appropriate tooltip
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Wild Growth; [harm,nodead] Wrath; Wild Growth
    Edit: I assume you wanted the priority that your macro had: mouseover WG > hostile wrath > WG
    Else it yould have been shorter.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2015-01-19 at 03:14 PM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to google this, with no luck, and seen many variations but nothing seemingly solid, so hoping you guys can help me.
    I'm looking for a macro that casts a healing spell IE healing touch, on my focus target if I have one, of not, then on myself, I'm guessing I could do it to cast on target, if it's hostile the healing spell should affect myself, but if I target an ally, it should heal them, I'm not very good with these things lol, sorry if I sounded confusing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I've been trying to google this, with no luck, and seen many variations but nothing seemingly solid, so hoping you guys can help me.
    I'm looking for a macro that casts a healing spell IE healing touch, on my focus target if I have one, of not, then on myself, I'm guessing I could do it to cast on target, if it's hostile the healing spell should affect myself, but if I target an ally, it should heal them, I'm not very good with these things lol, sorry if I sounded confusing
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,help,nodead][] Healing Touch
    should do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,help,nodead][] Healing Touch
    should do it.
    Thanks a lot, will try it out!
    Edit: Works fine as long as my focus target is in range/LoS, otherwise it won't heal either of us
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2015-01-19 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot, will try it out!
    Edit: Works fine as long as my focus target is in range/LoS, otherwise it won't heal either of us
    Well a macro can't check if the target is in range, so if your focus target isn't, but exists, it will just be a usual "out of range" thing.
    A workaround would be an option with modifier.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@focus,help,nodead][] Healing Touch
    Press ctrl (replace with shift or alt if you want, or just write "mod" to make it work with all three) to heal your focus, otherwise (or if no focus exists or is an enemy) it will work like the normal button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well a macro can't check if the target is in range, so if your focus target isn't, but exists, it will just be a usual "out of range" thing.
    A workaround would be an option with modifier.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@focus,help,nodead][] Healing Touch
    Press ctrl (replace with shift or alt if you want, or just write "mod" to make it work with all three) to heal your focus, otherwise (or if no focus exists or is an enemy) it will work like the normal button.
    This stuff confuses the fizzle out of me, I don't understand it at all But I think I'll leave it as it is, I had two extra spaces on my hotbars, so I've got my standalone spell, and my macro one next to it, appreciate the helps!

Deleted
    This stuff confuses the fizzle out of me, I don't understand it at all But I think I'll leave it as it is, I had two extra spaces on my hotbars, so I've got my standalone spell, and my macro one next to it, appreciate the helps!
    You do not need the standalone spell. The macro up there works just like the standalone spell. Except whe you press CTRL, then it tries to heal your focus.
    Try to understand macros just a little - it's not that hard, but very rewarding.

I was wondering if a macro exist that does the following for my glad warrior:

Cast Heroic strike if I have >50 rage (its a ability not on GDC)
    Cast Execute when available if I have >50 rage (ability on GDC)
    Cast Devastate if the above 2 are not available

Thanks

Alternatively if it makes things easier:
    Cast Devastate if the above is not available
    Last edited by guanqi; 2015-01-20 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guanqi View Post

Thanks

Not possible, there is no condition to check for your rage amount.

Quote Originally Posted by guanqi View Post

Thanks

Nope. You can't have a macro make a decision for you based on anything like resources, range, etc. Blizzard want you to play your class, not have a macro play it for you, and they routinely disable "features" than are used to work around this by people -- it isn't "botting", but the line between a really advanced macro making decisions for you, and botting, is pretty fuzzy.

Anyway, as soon as you say "if" on anything other than the most obvious conditions (eg: do I have a target, can I hurt them in principal), you can assume the answer is no.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not need the standalone spell. The macro up there works just like the standalone spell. Except whe you press CTRL, then it tries to heal your focus.
    Try to understand macros just a little - it's not that hard, but very rewarding.
    The reason I have the standalone spell is because I don't want to use the button with a modifier, I just want it to be a clean press, as I'm already pressing shift+Q to hit the Macro, it works fine anyway, I appreciate your help.

One more thing I wondered, is it possible to add a modifier so if I click a button it casts one spell, but if I hold shift(or any modifier) it casts a couple of spells? IE, I want it to cast beserk on a normal press, but if I shift click it, it casts Incarnation and beserk, I've been reading through Macro things but I'm not getting anything that would work:S

The reason I have the standalone spell is because I don't want to use the button with a modifier, I just want it to be a clean press, as I'm already pressing shift+Q to hit the Macro, it works fine anyway, I appreciate your help.

One more thing I wondered, is it possible to add a modifier so if I click a button it casts one spell, but if I hold shift(or any modifier) it casts a couple of spells? IE, I want it to cast beserk on a normal press, but if I shift click it, it casts Incarnation and beserk, I've been reading through Macro things but I'm not getting anything that would work:S

I don't know enough about Druids to know if Incarnation and Berserk are on the GCD or not. If one of them is not, you can just add the mod conditional to both spells like so:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Incarnation
    /use [mod:shift][] Berserk

Deleted
    Hello

I am looking for a macro for my lazzy shadow priest
    I want to bound it to my scroll weel
    I want to start by verifiing if i am in SHADOWFORME and if not, to cast it
    After that i want to spam MIND BLAST and fill with MIND SPIKE
    Then when i have 3 orbs i want to cast DEVOURING PLAGUE followed by 1 INSANITY
    And repeat all until SHADOW WORD DEATH becomes avaleble (2 casts)
    And repeat all again

Thank You and sorry for my bad english

PS: Maybe you have some improvements for ths rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    I don't know enough about Druids to know if Incarnation and Berserk are on the GCD or not. If one of them is not, you can just add the mod conditional to both spells like so:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Incarnation
    /use [mod:shift][] Berserk
    Incarnation is on the 1.5sec shapeshift gcd

Hey, so, quick search didn't pull anything up. Hopefully I didn't just miss it.

Is there a way to macro talent and glyph switches? Like maybe I want EM/PE for raids, and Echo/UF for solo. Or a quick way to swap Spirit Walk/FET glyphs for nova/lava spread.

Same deal on the warrior. Maybe make a macro that swaps me into glad stance and swaps talents to the better dps options.

Anyone experimented with this before?

Quote Originally Posted by rmacdac View Post
    Hello

I am looking for a macro for my lazzy shadow priest
    I want to bound it to my scroll weel
    I want to start by verifiing if i am in SHADOWFORME and if not, to cast it
    After that i want to spam MIND BLAST and fill with MIND SPIKE
    Then when i have 3 orbs i want to cast DEVOURING PLAGUE followed by 1 INSANITY
    And repeat all until SHADOW WORD DEATH becomes avaleble (2 casts)
    And repeat all again

Thank You and sorry for my bad english

PS: Maybe you have some improvements for ths rotation?
    You can't do that: it isn't possible for a macro to decide what spell to cast for you. This is by design: Blizzard want you to make decisions about spells, not have an addon or the game make them for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    Hey, so, quick search didn't pull anything up. Hopefully I didn't just miss it.

Is there a way to macro talent and glyph switches? Like maybe I want EM/PE for raids, and Echo/UF for solo. Or a quick way to swap Spirit Walk/FET glyphs for nova/lava spread.

Same deal on the warrior. Maybe make a macro that swaps me into glad stance and swaps talents to the better dps options.

Anyone experimented with this before?
    Unfortunately, no, you can't macro talent or glyph switches. Which sucks, because I would love this too. (You can't even build an addon that fully automates the process of flipping between sets of them.)

I am looking for a macro that will allow me to instantly target a specific Mind Controlled character in the Mythic Ko'ragh encounter. I was to instantly switch to this toon when they are targetable, but not when they aren't. So for example, I don't want a /tar character macro because that will target them when they are not Mind Controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I am looking for a macro that will allow me to instantly target a specific Mind Controlled character in the Mythic Ko'ragh encounter. I was to instantly switch to this toon when they are targetable, but not when they aren't. So for example, I don't want a /tar character macro because that will target them when they are not Mind Controlled.
    It's one of these (not at home to check)

Code:
    /tar [@Bob,harm]
    Should do the trick (where the players name would be "Bob")

Unitnames can be substituted for unitids if you are in group with a player - so this is really no different to saying /tar [@focus,harm]. X-realm just tack the servername on there like you would when whispering xrealm.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-01-26 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Unfortunately, no, you can't macro talent or glyph switches. Which sucks, because I would love this too. (You can't even build an addon that fully automates the process of flipping between sets of them.)
    Sad face. Thanks though.