Question Confused about warrior changies in 6.1

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

General
    Thunder Clap’s damage has been increased by 40%.
    Arms
    Mastery: Weapons Master’s effects have been increased by 57.1%.
    Protection
    Deep Wounds’ damage has been increased by 40%.
    Devastate’s damage has been increased by 20%.
    Revenge’s damage has been increased by 40%.
    Shield Slam’s damage has been increased by 20%.
    Talents
    Gladiator Stance (Protection) now increases damage by 5% (down from 20%).

So i was reading the changes for 6.1. Can anyone tell me if these changes are tool tip fixes or if these are additional changes that will be taking place in 6.1? The most confusing part is the arms buff. So are they buffing arms by an additional 57.1%?

As far as I know, these are just tooltip changes to reflect hotfixes already applied to the game.

All those damage changes have been applied already.

The buff to Arms will be nerfed (or already was), though, according to the latest news (will still be better than before the buff, but won't be as good as atm)
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2015-01-22 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    As far as I know, these are just tooltip changes to reflect hotfixes already applied to the game.

All those damage changes have been applied already.

The buff to Arms will be nerfed, though, according to the latest news (will still be better than before the buff, but won't be as good as atm)
    Yeah, all of that is already live. Mastery got nerfed back down again yesterday, though, so effectively it's only a 29%ish increase rather than 57.1%.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I'm not sure if the two of you actually play the game as these buffs have been live since 14th january. The tooltips will be fixed in 6.1 but damage remain the same as it is now. Arms had the 57.1% buff yes but they are nerfing it, will still be better than pre buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    I'm not sure if the two of you actually play the game as these buffs have been live since 14th january. The tooltips will be fixed in 6.1 but damage remain the same as it is now. Arms had the 57.1% buff yes but they are nerfing it, will still be better than pre buff.
    I'm not sure if you actually read the posts =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I'm not sure if you actually read the posts =P
    Oh but I do. The fact that you editted your post to contain "All those damage changes have been applied already." 7min after my post is rather ironic though.

"So i was reading the changes for 6.1. Can anyone tell me if these changes are tool tip fixes or if these are additional changes that will be taking place in 6.1? The most confusing part is the arms buff. So are they buffing arms by an additional 57.1%?"

These arent 6.1 changes, they are already live so yes it is a tooltip fix. And the reason I asked if you 2 even play the game is that the 57.1% buff to mastery is extremely hard to miss. You dont just log in one day and do 2k more dps or whatever.

Oh but I do. The fact that you editted your post to contain "All those damage changes have been applied already." 7min after my post is rather ironic though.

"So i was reading the changes for 6.1. Can anyone tell me if these changes are tool tip fixes or if these are additional changes that will be taking place in 6.1? The most confusing part is the arms buff. So are they buffing arms by an additional 57.1%?"

These arent 6.1 changes, they are already live so yes it is a tooltip fix. And the reason I asked if you 2 even play the game is that the 57.1% buff to mastery is extremely hard to miss. You dont just log in one day and do 2k more dps or whatever.
    That was in his post before you replied.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

'There aren't enough threads about this topic so let me open another one.'

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He didn't do that though, hence why the post before yours quoting him includes it, his edit was to add the "(or already was)" bit about arms nerfs.

15+ Year Old Account
    He did have it there already. Idk why you're persisting to try and call him out and be argumentative over something so meaningless.

Bethrezen,

We have the loss of Gladstance damage itself in place.
    We have the Buff to Dev/SS/Revenge in place.
    We have the Haste Buff everyone got
    We have the Deep Wounds Buff in place.
    We have the Thunderclap Buff everyone got.

If you compare your live character to PTR Right now, you see these buffs:
    Deep Wounds now scales with 84% of AP, up from 60%.
    Talents
    Gladiator's Resolve now increases physical damage dealt by 5%, down from 20%. ( tooltip fix )

Arms & Protection
    Thunder Clap (Arms) now scales with 141.1% of AP, up from 100.8%.
    Thunder Clap (Fury, Protection) now scales with 117.6% of AP, up from 84%.

Protection
    Deep Wounds now scales with 84% of AP, up from 60%.
    Devastate now does 250% of weapon damage, up from 210%.
    Revenge now scales with 352.8% of AP, up from 252%.

So, there is more damage coming, and the tooltip fix for glad stance. Unless they change it again before live.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Fury is getting Thunder Clap is all that I read from that, or a mistake. And these changes are already in, I'm not sure who the post is from (blue?) but if we compare live to PTR right now we get 5% Gladiator stance in both cases. I assumed these AP scaling values are just the values used to buff the abilities recently, where the blue simply stated 20/40% etc.

Unless you speak of additional changes, but they already buffed Deep Wounds and Thunder Clap, and Protection (tank) is already doing too much dps.

Edit : I do wish Blizzard would actually test some balanced changes instead of all this crazy ping pong nonsense. In hindsight (and infact at the time we were saying this) Gladiator didn't need a damage nerf at the start (especially not one that affected Prot), Arms didn't need a PVE buff because it was already dominant on multi-target. A lot of their changes are like swinging a massive buff/nerf hammer around like some wild Donkey on crack, I don't think I've ever seen the DPS pecking order bounce around so much.

Fury was just about the only well thought out balancing fix that they have done.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-01-22 at 08:15 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Fury is getting Thunder Clap is all that I read from that, or a mistake. And these changes are already in, I'm not sure who the post is from (blue?) but if we compare live to PTR right now we get 5% Gladiator stance in both cases. I assumed these AP scaling values are just the values used to buff the abilities recently, where the blue simply stated 20/40% etc.

Unless you speak of additional changes, but they already buffed Deep Wounds and Thunder Clap, and Protection (tank) is already doing too much dps.

Edit : I do wish Blizzard would actually test some balanced changes instead of all this crazy ping pong nonsense. In hindsight (and infact at the time we were saying this) Gladiator didn't need a damage nerf at the start (especially not one that affected Prot), Arms didn't need a PVE buff because it was already dominant on multi-target. A lot of their changes are like swinging a massive buff/nerf hammer around like some wild Donkey on crack, I don't think I've ever seen the DPS pecking order bounce around so much.

Fury was just about the only well thought out balancing fix that they have done.
    The quote was from the MMO Frontpage in regards to the second Deep Wounds Buff. And if you compare the same character on PTR vs Live you'll see your slam/revenge/devastate do more damage ( because of the mentioned ap scaling buff ).
    Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-01-22 at 08:56 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.