Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

This Weekend: Guild Wars 2 at PAX South, an Unprecedented Sale, and Double XP for All

This Weekend: Guild Wars 2 at PAX South, an Unprecedented Sale, and Double XP for All

by The Guild Wars 2 Team on January 22, 2015

This weekend promises to be one of the biggest in Guild Wars 2 history – and you’re invited to join in the celebration! We’re heading down to San Antonio, Texas, January 24 – 25 for PAX South for a special event that you won’t want to miss. Plus we’re also offering a special double-XP weekend for player and our biggest game sale ever, so you can recruit your friends to come join you online. It’s going to be fantastic weekend! Here’s what we have planned.

ArenaNet co-founder Mike O’Brien and Game Director Colin Johanson will be appearing together at a very special Guild Wars 2 PAX South panel beginning at 10:30 a.m. CST (8:30 a.m. PST, 4:30 p.m. UTC) on Saturday, January 24 in the Main Theater.

Join us and our very special guest host Jennifer Hale (Queen Jennah, Guild Wars 2) live at the show or watch the livestream as we reveal a sneak peek at what’s next for the game. We’ve also invited popular personalities AuroraPeachy, Bog Otter, Jebro, Chronick, and some surprise guests to join us live before and after the presentation to provide their personal insights into the day’s events.

The livestream begins with a pre-show at 10:00 a.m. CST (8:00 a.m. PST, 4:00 p.m. UTC) on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel. After the presentation, the livestream will switch over to post-show commentary from another pair of popular online personalities, MattVisual and WoodenPotatoes.

For EU territories, ArenaNet has arranged parallel livestreams in German with Honeyball and GuildNews.de , French with Ashuvidz and Spanish with YukieKoori and GuildWars Update where fans will be able to follow the event in their native language.

Can’t make it to PAX? We have something special for you to enjoy from home. We’ll be rewarding double XP to players all weekend. We’re also offering 15% off experience boosters, for an extra burst of XP! Level up an existing character or explore a new race and profession with a new one. Either way, you’ll level up faster than ever.

We know there are some people who have not yet experienced Guild Wars 2 out there. We have a special offer for you, too. This weekend, January 24 and 25, you can purchase the game for an unprecedented 75% off!* That’s our best offer ever on one of the most critically acclaimed and decorated MMO games of all time.

A special PAX appearance, double XP, 15% off experience boosters, and 75%* off the game – now that’s a weekend for the history books! We hope you will join us.

*Offer applies only to Digital Heroic Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time on January 24, 2015, through 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on January 25, 2015.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...le-xp-for-all/
    Valar morghulis

The sale is so fucking ridiculous. Like you don't even have to like the game, it's so much 'game' just for the money.

basically for the price of one character expansion, you can get the whole game. I might get one for a second account for the heck of it. Hell if nothing else I can use it for extra storage

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Best ~10$ you'll ever spend unless you are a lottery winner or something similar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I'm gonna bite. $10? Hell yeah.

Just a question: how much do I have to drop for the season content?

there are 8 episodes for living story season 2

each episode costs 200 gems. at the current exchange rate, that is around 31 gold per episode if you want to use in game currency to get them

keep in mind that the living story is for level 80 only

If you want to purchase it with real money it's 20 bucks for the LS2 however you can just buy pieces with real money and then buy the rest with ingame gold once you feel like it. The LS isn't that great and you'll have plenty of content to do while you save gold for the LS.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    If you want to purchase it with real money it's 20 bucks for the LS2 however you can just buy pieces with real money and then buy the rest with ingame gold once you feel like it. The LS isn't that great and you'll have plenty of content to do while you save gold for the LS.
    31 gold per episode? Sounds like gold is worth a lot in this game. On average, how many hours of play did it take to get that gold for just one episode? Because if it's alot then I will just get the latest one to get caught up on the plot for HoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    31 gold per episode? Sounds like gold is worth a lot in this game. On average, how many hours of play did it take to get that gold for just one episode? Because if it's alot then I will just get the latest one to get caught up on the plot for HoT.
    well if you are able to login at all this weekend, you won't have to pay for the latest one anyway

if you like to run dungeons, you can get 31 gold fairly quickly

If you're extremely efficient you can net about 10g per hour, but this is a rare case. Farming 30g isn't that difficult though. There really isn't all too much to catch up on, you can always watch videos etc, there latest cinematics should be all you need to know. The rest is side-lore, don't know if you're into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you did not play GW1 yo will miss a some GW1 references/easter eggs specially in the durmand priory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    If you did not play GW1 yo will miss a some GW1 references/easter eggs specially in the durmand priory.
    Not gonna spend 300+ hours on an old MMO with very little immediate relevance story wise to the current game just for a couple dozen seconds of chuckles.

How long does it take to get to 80 as a fresh toon on GW2?

That really depends on what you like doing and how much you do of it. I haven't leveled in a long time but EOTM used to be very popular (a wanna be PvP area with NPC's where you basically run around between keeps to cap them).

If you prefer questing it takes a tad longer.

PvP is probably the slowest at a rate of 5ish lvls a day, but this is steady it takes the same time to go from 0-1 as from 79-80.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

That really depends on what you like doing and how much you do of it. I haven't leveled in a long time but EOTM used to be very popular (a wanna be PvP area with NPC's where you basically run around between keeps to cap them).

If you prefer questing it takes a tad longer.

PvP is probably the slowest at a rate of 5ish lvls a day, but this is steady it takes the same time to go from 0-1 as from 79-80.
    So it sounds like 1-80 takes about a couple weeks or so through questing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna spend 300+ hours on an old MMO with very little immediate relevance story wise to the current game just for a couple dozen seconds of chuckles.

How long does it take to get to 80 as a fresh toon on GW2?
    Depends, luck and planning make significant differences, if you play extremely casually you could take months (litterally this chick in my guild logs in every day for hours and doesnt have a single 80 yet we call her the veteran novice), if you have friends that can carry you through dungeons and you plan your crafting you could take a couple of days (maybe even 1 day but I've personally never seen anyone do it), If you get lucky in EotM you could also level within a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Depends, luck and planning make significant differences, if you play extremely casually you could take months (litterally this chick in my guild logs in every day for hours and doesnt have a single 80 yet we call her the veteran novice), if you have friends that can carry you through dungeons and you plan your crafting you could take a couple of days (maybe even 1 day but I've personally never seen anyone do it), If you get lucky in EotM you could also level within a couple of days.
    Well, if I just focused on general questing through the main storyline, how long that'd take? Ignoring professions and the such; just going through the quest text and such?

I can make a toon and be lvl 80 in <1min if I want .

For "new" players crafting is huge, if you save up your last 14 levels for crafting you can speed things up a lot especially if you did a bit of PvP.

Through questing it'll be 5-7 days of playing depending on how much you play (and a guild helps).

Well, if I just focused on general questing through the main storyline, how long that'd take? Ignoring professions and the such; just going through the quest text and such?
    there really isn't a standard questing model here. there is the personal story questline but that is only about every 5 to 6 levels. In between that you just have to explore and basically do everything. Every single activity you do in the game will give you experience (well I don't think the mini games do but that is the exception)

- - - Updated - - -

I can make a toon and be lvl 80 in <1min if I want .
    tombs of knowledge?

Double XP for what? I don't even notice leveling in the game- it's so passive and drawn out.

I might have like 3 characters not 80. But that's out of laziness for shuffling crafting mats around to ding 80 in a couple've hours. If this bonus applies to crafting, which I am assuming it does w/ xp being fluid, I just might save an hour or two on that Necromancer and Thief.

Interesting bonus for GW2. I felt like I had to play SWTOR 24/7 during their double xp weekends. Not so with GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Interesting bonus for GW2. I felt like I had to play SWTOR 24/7 during their double xp weekends. Not so with GW2.
    I saw a comment on Massively about this. It is basically the only game in which he (or she, don't know) doesn't care about an XP bonus