Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Don't get hyped- this is a discussion thread] Fallout 3, NV, 4

In my opinion the setting of FO3 was better whereas FONV did everything better ( maybe not enough automatic weapons for my taste ).

Where do you think FO4 will be set and do you want it devved by Bethesda ( FO3 ) or Obsidian? ( FONV and as far as I know they did the old games too ).

Also recommend me some must have mods for FO NV.

oh you want some must have mods for new new vegas huh? well I got plenty

Project nevada one of the best overhauls to the game heres the trailer

EVE makes energy visuals and a bit of blood look better

NVEC a huge complation of mods with many patches for other mods I recommend this this has eve included btw.

WMX adds tons of mods to for weapons to the game

WRP retextures a bunch of conventional firearms in the game has a patch for wmx takes some work to get working

old ghoul eye
    makes it look like you really got shot in the head I love it. I do use the alternate texture found here
    These are my core mods that I will always play with and there is many more I could recommend but I would be here for a long time.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2015-01-22 at 01:57 PM.

I use most of those already.

What's the best ENB you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I use most of those already.

What's the best ENB you can recommend?
    I don't use any enbs I personally can't find one I like im happy with Nevada skies and interior lighting overhaul.

Nevada Skies gives me an error for some reason. When I enable it my game crashes on launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    FO3 felt closer to a traditional RPG than NV, you interact with an established world to meet you defined end goal. Very story driven. FO3 is the game for you if you want a more structured story.

With that said, NV is my choice out of the two. Apart from the flow and pacing of the story it does just about everything better in my book, thats because its a more open game. You're a courier with a package, everything else is pretty much up to you. There is a lot less guided play involved. Even at the beginning of the game you can choose the long path to New Vegas or try to gut it out and take the shorter but extremely hazardous to you health path through the Deathclaws, always fun to watch new players try to take the Deathclaw path.

If they do make another Fallout, I think its going to be on the New England area, perhaps the Texas? Maybe NCR territory but nothing near the Mojave because of the story. All allow from them to set up a structured narrative.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2015-01-22 at 03:33 PM.

I liked both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas equally. I did prefer exploring the ruins in Fallout 3 simply because it fit the apocalyptic atmosphere much better than a desert. On the other hand the Sierre Madre DLC in Fallout: New Vegas is one of my favourite side-stories in an RPG.

As for Fallout 4 I'd like it to be set somewhere with massive ruins to explore with the usual healthy mix of horror and dark humour that makes the franchise so distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Nevada Skies gives me an error for some reason. When I enable it my game crashes on launch.

disable the nevadaskies TTW edition.esp that is for the tales of the two wastelands mod. you can either just delete it from the datafolder or just uncheck the box in a mod manager like MMM or FOMM

I personally prefed fallout 3. I hated the setting of new vegas. God damn desert got boring after the first 30 minutes of the game. Also the fucking big giant orange wasps that allmost oneshot you on higher difficulties. Fuck those things. The noise/looks of them still give me nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    I personally prefed fallout 3. I hated the setting of new vegas. God damn desert got boring after the first 30 minutes of the game. Also the fucking big giant orange wasps that allmost oneshot you on higher difficulties. Fuck those things. The noise/looks of them still give me nightmares.
    rather take 5 cazadors then one feral ghoul reaver that can take a mininuke to the face and shrug it off like a fly just flew into him imo.

While I like Fallout 3's world more, I feel that New Vegas outdid Fallout 3 in terms of gameplay and story. I would prefer Obsidian to make the next Fallout, but if Bethesda could take a New Vegas approach, that'd be nice. I'd like to see a Fallout game set in Texas.

Oh god Feral Ghouls, the horror.

One of those slaughtered Jericho

FO3 felt closer to a traditional RPG than NV, you interact with an established world to meet you defined end goal. Very story driven. FO3 is the game for you if you want a more structured story.
    Strong disagree. New Vegas had a lot of RPG options such as supporting multiple factions, a lot of side quests that were good, the DLC storyline which I think is amazing, Joshua Graham and so on.

Also weapon mods, Energy Weapons being viable, disguises..

AWOP is pretty good along with monster mod. i had those working with PN, can't wait for them to get around to announcing FO4. could do with a more updated fallout fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prefered the setting of FO3 over NV, but NV over FO3 as a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love both of them, but preferred the FO3 world. I don't care who makes it, both can do it well, I just hope they don't try to push it online.

Im a little torn I like fallout new vegas better in every aspect but exploration I love crawling through ruins shoots mutants ghouls robots raiders you name it. Everything else though new vegas wins hands down.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred NV overall, I guess. Apart from Caesar's Legion ; they just felt weird and out of place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Minting old Roman coins, using Latin terms in conversation, dressing up in Roman military costumes ... please.

But I loved exploring the desert wastes. The "hardcore" setting where you needed to manage your food and water and sleep and encumbrance was also really cool.

Picking over the ruins of Washington would have been 10 times better if more of the buildings and tunnels were truly accessible. As it was, you felt like you were running down narrow corridors with impenetrable walls on either side. It was less noticeable in the Nevada desert. The recognisable landmarks and monuments in FO3 were great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    I preferred NV overall, I guess. Apart from Caesar's Legion ; they just felt weird and out of place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Minting old Roman coins, using Latin terms in conversation, dressing up in Roman military costumes ... please.

But I loved exploring the desert wastes. The "hardcore" setting where you needed to manage your food and water and sleep and encumbrance was also really cool.

Picking over the ruins of Washington would have been 10 times better if more of the buildings and tunnels were truly accessible. As it was, you felt like you were running down narrow corridors with impenetrable walls on either side. It was less noticeable in the Nevada desert. The recognisable landmarks and monuments in FO3 were great though.
    ceaser had a good reason for using imperial rome as the model for his legion.

Caesar read old books and made the tribesmen think he was a God. He used tactics and discipline from roman history and made those people think he was the second coming of christ because they were all tribesmen that used tomahawks and arrows before Caesar schooled them, but Caesar doesn't for one second believe in the bullshit he's spewing. If you play the DLC where you meet Joshua Graham you'll see the tribesmen of Zion are about as developed as the native americans.

The Legion is nothing but a giant lie, a bunch of people blindly following a former missionary ( he was part of the mormons, no? Brotherhood of the apocalypse? ) that's lying to them.

There's a reason everyone says that when Caesar dies the Legion will crumble.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    ceaser had a good reason for using imperial rome as the model for his legion.
    Yep, what I meant was, it didn't feel consistent with the rest of the F:NV setting, i.e. the Desert Rangers and the Brotherhood of Steel and super-mutants and plasma rifles and robots and so on.

Having the shattered remnants of human society revert to primitive Tribalism over a couple of centuries, and then having isolated groups adopt the trappings of ancient cultures ... is actually a cool theme. The classic sci-fi novel by George Stewart, Earth Abides, explores some of these concepts.

I just don't think it gels very nicely with the rest of the Fallout mythology. Only my opinion, of course. Not trying to pass this off as a Fact or anything.

And the game is still great, one of my favourites of recent years.