Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

6.1 Echo change (Ele)

"Echo of the Elements has been redesigned. Echo of the Elements now causes Earthquake, Fire Nova, Lava Burst, Lava Lash, Riptide, Spirit Link Totem, Stormstrike, and Unleash Life to have 2 charges. Other abilities that reset the cooldown of these abilities will instead grant 1 charge."

Binkstein already says it's a must have.

Deleted
    My first thought was that it's really good with Elemental Fusion.

My brain hurts trying to wrap my mind around it lol

Deleted
    its worded a bit weird, need some clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Zaazu View Post
    its worded a bit weird, need some clarification
    Seems like it would just be like a Paladin's Clemency. Then if a Lava Surge proc'd it would give +1 charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Seems like it would just be like a Paladin's Clemency. Then if a Lava Surge proc'd it would give +1 charge.
    Would we still get the instant LvB?

So basically, we have 2 lava bursts with an 8 second recharge. Let us say 2 second cast timer. I cast my first one, recharge begins. I cast my second. I have 6 seconds recharge until my next lava burst. Recharge keeps rolling, but lava surge procs give a +1 automatically. So if it procced, my 8 seconds recharge would pop up ready. And I'd be able to instant lava burst while my 6 second recharge is still ticking.

Did I understand this right?

Quote Originally Posted by turtledragon View Post
    Would we still get the instant LvB?
    Guessing yes, otherwise Lava Surge would drop dramatically in value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    So basically, we have 2 lava bursts with an 8 second recharge. Let us say 2 second cast timer. I cast my first one, recharge begins. I cast my second. I have 6 seconds recharge until my next lava burst. Recharge keeps rolling, but lava surge procs give a +1 automatically. So if it procced, my 8 seconds recharge would pop up ready. And I'd be able to instant lava burst while my 6 second recharge is still ticking.

Did I understand this right?
    That's my understanding as well, which is sort of nice because you don't have to feel like you lost a LvB if it's about to come off CD if it's just pooling a charge.

I imagine lava surge will proc an instant cast, charge free version of Lava burst that flashes at the user like it does already. Bit like Lock N Load for hunters with their free explosive shots. Either that, or surge will allow an instant cast and grant 1 charge and go up to a max of 3 charges, with 1 of them instant.

Deleted
    Nothing special as of yet. They increase the damage of our already long CDs, and still no movement fix.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nothing special as of yet. They increase the damage of our already long CDs, and still no movement fix.
    Nerf to 2 target cleave with enhanced chain lightning change , not sure why they did this.

Wtf what Im gonna need to test that Echo out. Bit tired to figure it out.

But comon, just give back the old Echo. It was amazing

So these are buffs, but actually not what we need.. Meanwhile Hunters get huge buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerlyn View Post
    Nerf to 2 target cleave with enhanced chain lightning change , not sure why they did this.
    Thats typicall for Blizzard.

- Heavily buff everyone and their most overpowered abilities (lol, Barrage +21% dmg)

meanwhile being a shaman...

- promised stuff hasnt been delivered for like 1,5 years now (movement fix)
    - long CDs get buffed (SET, 5 min CD), while we asked for more reactive damage which is not bound to our already too large CD kit (FET 5min, SET 5min, Asc 3min, Elemental Mastery 2min)
    - still no fixes to 90% of the other useless talents and talent tiers (LOL!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    You could play another class you know.
    I play other classes. Whats your point?

Deleted
    In my head, the mechanics of lava surge will be exactly the same. Instead of echoes not incurring a cooldown on your next lava burst, it will give it a stack. This is only a buff if it stucks up to let's say 3. Otherwise echoes is still not worth going for. 3 consecutive lava bursts would be cool though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigas View Post
    In my head, the mechanics of lava surge will be exactly the same. Instead of echoes not incurring a cooldown on your next lava burst, it will give it a stack. This is only a buff if it stucks up to let's say 3. Otherwise echoes is still not worth going for. 3 consecutive lava bursts would be cool though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ooohh I get it. So I can save up to two insta Lava burst. Thats pretty ok. Useless in pve but pretty good in pvp.

Deleted
    No, they won't be instant, you will just be able to cast it. As in, no cooldown. You will be able to cast two Lavabursts, just like you would cast lightning bolts. If that makes sense. And echoes will keep proccing, so if you get enough RNG, you would even be able to cast 3 or 4 consecutive lava bursts, not instant ones. This however makes the whole bursting with ascendance, bl , potion and elemental mastery pretty useless. We'll have to put it into practice. Maybe it will be worth it in the long term. You would be able to land around 20 extra lava bursts in a 20 minute fight, roughly. Considering that it proccs when your cooldown is on maximum to benefit from it fully. It's really just a brain fuck at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigas View Post
    No, they won't be instant, you will just be able to cast it. As in, no cooldown. You will be able to cast two Lavabursts, just like you would cast lightning bolts. If that makes sense. And echoes will keep proccing, so if you get enough RNG, you would even be able to cast 3 or 4 consecutive lava bursts, not instant ones. This however makes the whole bursting with ascendance, bl , potion and elemental mastery pretty useless. We'll have to put it into practice. Maybe it will be worth it in the long term. You would be able to land around 20 extra lava bursts in a 20 minute fight, roughly. Considering that it proccs when your cooldown is on maximum to benefit from it fully. It's really just a brain fuck at this moment.
    Spec resto and put on the glyph "Purify Spirit". That is how the new echo will work juding from what the patch notes say. No proc, no echo buff, no 3-4 lava bursts in a row. Your Lava Burst simply has charges, so now the chances of wasting Lava Surge procs is far less. Should work well with the tier set bonus.

New Echo with the 4 piece T17 sounds amazing with Elemental Fusion. Kind of excited to try it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh god, I haven't had any sleep in 2 days now... can someone explain to me in layman's terms what this means? Brain capacity at 2% right now, so can't wrap my head around anything, esp not Blizzard explanations.....

You will have 2 charges of spell - every 8 sec 2 lvb everu 10 sec 2 eq