I can't beat Damage Silver as shadow driving me crazy

So on my shadow Priest I can't beat the Silver phase of DPS to get into heroics lol driving me crazy I can make it to the last fight but running from orbs and killing the guys in a timely manor isn't happening for me. Any tips or suggestion?

save shadowfied/orbs. It was really easy for me lol. What's your ilvl?
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Deleted
    Throw a link to your armory, might help a bit seeing gear and talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofoe View Post
    So on my shadow Priest I can't beat the Silver phase of DPS to get into heroics lol driving me crazy I can make it to the last fight but running from orbs and killing the guys in a timely manor isn't happening for me. Any tips or suggestion?
    Don't run from orbs. Kite them into other mobs: they take increased damage while encased in amber.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put a mob between you and the mobs that cast the freezing orbs (sorry I forget their names). This will let the orb freeze the other mob. Try to freeze other mobs with casts (healers or other orb casters). You should rarely have to move around dodging orbs when you go for silver (even in low ilvl gear).

There are a lot of ways to do proving grounds right, so just find what works for you, too.

Heres my armory probably disp spec atm was healing heroics last night but same gear for shadow pretty much http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twithit/simple
    I try to position myself I don't know maybe i'm just noobing it up..

Deleted
    I think I managed to get two orbs to hit the same mob/group (honestly cannot remember) and it caused twice the effect, making the kill so much easier.

The only suggestion I can make right now, is change Power Infusion to Twist of Fate. It works wonders for me.

glyph silence (I think it makes silver easier in general). On the last wave, stand so you are to the left of one amber like this: amberdude thatotherguy amberdude you

Target the amberdude right in front of you, interrupt the amber cast, kill him. kill the other then kill the other guys. You don't have to try and position yourself so you don't get both ambers.

I remember going against the conventional logic for talents when I did my spriest's silver for Heroics. I didn't take Clarity of Power, I actually took auspicious spirits, which allowed me to DoT up everything and burst stuff down very quickly while mostly kiting orbs on the rounds that had them. Also, I took Shadowy Insight for the extra proc chance, as Twist of Fate is helpful during proving grounds, but with the multitude of enemies to DoT up, you'll get MB procs left and right.

try using CoP-power infusion and twist of fate.It'll probably solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ORCSMASH View Post
    I remember going against the conventional logic for talents when I did my spriest's silver for Heroics. I didn't take Clarity of Power, I actually took auspicious spirits, which allowed me to DoT up everything and burst stuff down very quickly while mostly kiting orbs on the rounds that had them. Also, I took Shadowy Insight for the extra proc chance, as Twist of Fate is helpful during proving grounds, but with the multitude of enemies to DoT up, you'll get MB procs left and right.
    Thats flat out rubbish advice.

The dude in question has like 7% crit. It's complete bullshit to say he'll get procs left and right.

He needs to take ToF / CoP / insanity and glyph silence.

Simply position yourself so the amber encases a dude and spank it.

You can really get away with Mind Blast / Spike spam and insanity on big mobs. Mind sear the packs of vermin after haloing them.

Shadow is pretty good at PG's, I've reached wave 57 endless (and done silver naked apart from a 615 weap :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He needs to take ToF / CoP / insanity and glyph silence.
    Using SoD / Scream / ToF / Halo / CoP got me 50 waves into endless.

Dot up offtargets and the mindspike procs on your primary target will hit like a truck. Not saying it is the best way, but for me personally this was easier than having to time insanity with movement.

Deleted
    Which wave are you getting stuck at?

You should enchant your weapon and rings. Doesn't have to be the most expensive enchants for blues.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Which wave are you getting stuck at?

You should enchant your weapon and rings. Doesn't have to be the most expensive enchants for blues.
    that's unlikely to be the problem, I've got them as soon as I got 100 and without really having it hard, those fights are about abusing their own mechanics, mainly the amber globe one.

Deleted
    Without info on where the player gets stuck at its tough to pinpoint the problem. Enchanting gear can help, especially for something like Halo. That is what matters. It is also good manners to teach a person to enchant their gear before they enter multiplayer aspects of the game like LFD and LFR.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2015-01-29 at 01:52 PM.

I would really recommand using Surge od darkness insted of insanity since you going to be moving around alot.
    You shouldent have any problems doing silver with your gear lvl, All classes are able to do it with slightly under 600 without any problems.

Meh spec/talent isnt very important I did it crap gear with VEnt and SoD, looking back it would have been easier with CoP. I find the biggest problem with people doing silver is they do 3 things wrong

1. They don't interrupt the healer
    2. They don't use the Amber Globule for their full advantage
    3. They don't save their CDs for the harder phases

Tip* One of the phases (forget which) you can wait to cast a Finish blow to Amber Weaving until he cast Amber Globule and time is running out then you just run it around until the next group spawn (the one where you have to AE a lot) and it helps you get through that phase since our AE is dog ****

I beat it! Thanks for all your help and advice just took some knowledge a few changes from your posts and a few more attempts. Off to heroics lol.. so how much DPS should I be able to put out in heroics generally just trying to gauge my damage know shoot for where I need to be?

I beat it! Thanks for all your help and advice just took some knowledge a few changes from your posts and a few more attempts. Off to heroics lol.. so how much DPS should I be able to put out in heroics generally just trying to gauge my damage know shoot for where I need to be?
    Awesome! Glad you was able to do it

Deleted
    Since you do good single target but weak AoE you shouldn't be surprised when you are last. Especially with well geared players. Just do your best with having MB on CD, don't get orb capped, and spam MSp. Learn the dotweave rotation if you want to push it more. Get a bossmod for the dungeon mechanics (DBM or LitleWigs).