Poll: What is your subscription status?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I unsubscribed yesterday. Can't justify paying for this game anymore at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I unsubscribed yesterday. Can't justify paying for this game anymore at this point.
    Oh boy, you sure did get your moneys worth

Thus far: 21.84% No Subscription - left because of WoD. I'd say part of that is the "vocal minority" that we see unhappy about "no flying" and other things.

You know if I said this on the official forums, I'd be down voted to oblivion and have a ton of disgruntled players going all emo on me.

Even though deep down inside, they all know it is the truth, that most people are still having fun with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Eleven 90's? Exactly how many hours do you spend playing everyday?

Deleted
    Just a question, will you leave this mostly WoW related forum as well? Or are you going to keep making these very nice WoW related posts on a daily basis based on your opinion how this game has gone to shit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Oh boy, you sure did get your moneys worth
    Hard to say. The best I got out of WoW over the years is something that is hard to measure in money. But at this point, why continue to pay a sub just to raid every once in a while? I also don't see why I should pay a monthly fee if I have to pay extra for things like the Grinning Reaver, the Enchanted Fae Dragon and the Iron Skyreaver. Those are clearly all Draenor mounts. I just paid for access to Draenor, I won't let anyone charge me extra for additional mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Just a question, will you leave this mostly WoW related forum as well? Or are you going to keep making these very nice WoW related posts on a daily basis based on your opinion how this game has gone to shit?
    Oh, I will stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Eleven 90's? Exactly how many hours do you spend playing everyday?
    That's different every day. But just the amount of time invested into getting a character from 90 to 100 was just a couple of hours each character. I've had every class at level 80 since WotLK. It's really not a lot of work. I took several breaks from the game over the years. Hell in Cataclysm I didn't play for 8 months, because there was nothing to do. I don't understand why people think leveling characters takes a lot of time.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2015-01-29 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think WoD had mixed reviews at all, it seemed widely praised and justifiably so. Getting bored of the content after a few months with no major patches is pretty routine for an MMO, it's the nature of the genre to become repetitive to ensure there's still something to do after the fresh content is exhausted. Blaming WoD specifically for something that happens in every MMO and every expansion ever seems a bit like a vendetta more than anything else.
    Personally I am getting a bit bored with highmaul and the garrison now but I've had a fun couple of months and feel like I'll enjoy the rest of the expansion in bits and pieces which is much more than I could say for the previous two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Cool Thread OP, we dont get many of those lately.

If you dont like the game, why stalk around fan forums and trying to stir up bad emotions?
    Coz they base their life around this game and when they realize you cannot sustain yourself on a single game the feelings turn ill.

Also, first time ive heard WoD getting poor reviews, outside of a handful of forum crybabies it was the best reviewed since BC.

Deleted
    Hard to say. The best I got out of WoW over the years is something that is hard to measure in money. But at this point, why continue to pay a sub just to raid every once in a while? I also don't see why I should pay a monthly fee if I have to pay extra for things like the Grinning Reaver, the Fae Dragon and the Iron Skyreaver. Those are clearly all Draenor mounts. I just paid for access to Draenor, I don't let anyone charge me extra for additional mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I will stay.
    Thank god, I dont know what we would do with your positive attitude around these forums

Deleted
    MMO-C is like Frostmourne. This is where the souls of the WoW quitters come to live, forever echoing their thoughts through the dark abyss, unable to die, unable to rest. Forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    MMO-C is like Frostmourne. This is where the souls of the WoW quitters come to live, forever echoing their thoughts through the dark abyss, unable to die, unable to rest. Forever.
    Wish they could be silent souls though, that would make it all more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Thus far: 21.84% No Subscription - left because of WoD. I'd say part of that is the "vocal minority" that we see unhappy about "no flying" and other things.

You know if I said this on the official forums, I'd be down voted to oblivion and have a ton of disgruntled players going all emo on me.

Even though deep down inside, they all know it is the truth, that most people are still having fun with the game.
    You really aren't seeing it, are you?

The net total of the poll is that 60% are more or less fine and are going to continue playing, while 40% have either already left or are saying they will leave soon (so at the very least they are pretty annoyed).

And that's before you factor in the fact that the poll is by nature heavily biased towards those who stay, because of those who take the poll at all, those who leave are more likely to not participate in the poll, because they stopped reading news about WoW as well - it's somewhat similar to asking "do you have Internet?" on a web site.

The only saving grace is that the number of votes is too small - that's perhaps an echo of people just losing interest in the game overall (player activity is way down, just in case), but at the same time it makes the results of the poll mean less.

Other than that, the poll shows that WoD is doing absolutely terrible. I don't remember ever seeing the number of people voting pro-con a WoW expansion not half a year after the launch at 60:40.

Deleted
    Was subbed very shortly in MoP and it was shit. Subbed in WoD and will stay for a looooong time. Game has improved 100 times compared to shitty Pandaland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit for ESO which I feel to be a far superior game at this point (yes, I'm serious). Plus Update 6 and B2P model has me quite excited.

WoD was/is more then lackluster. The entirety of WoD is raiding (boring), garrisons (lol), and new character models (way overdue). The value per development hour we're getting from Blizzard is at it's lowest point ever. Feels like they're just milking the consumers wallets.

TL;DR - Worst expansion yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    lol I like this

10+ Year Old Account
    If that new kitty is a store mount, I very well might leave
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Thank god, I dont know what we would do with your positive attitude around these forums
    I'm sure there's some sarcasm in there, but I'm not quite getting it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You really aren't seeing it, are you?

The net total of the poll is that 60% are more or less fine and are going to continue playing, while 40% have either already left or are saying they will leave soon (so at the very least they are pretty annoyed).

And that's before you factor in the fact that the poll is by nature heavily biased towards those who stay, because of those who take the poll at all, those who leave are more likely to not participate in the poll, because they stopped reading news about WoW as well - it's somewhat similar to asking "do you have Internet?" on a web site.

The only saving grace is that the number of votes is too small - that's perhaps an echo of people just losing interest in the game overall (player activity is way down, just in case), but at the same time it makes the results of the poll mean less.

Other than that, the poll shows that WoD is doing absolutely terrible. I don't remember ever seeing the number of people voting pro-con a WoW expansion not half a year after the launch at 60:40.
    You mean the poll is heavily biased towards those who are leaving or have left seeing this forum is full of people that have been moaning and whining for weeks now. Most people that are happy with the game are not on these forums acting like spoiled 12 year olds.
    But I seen your name come by quite a few times now, one post being more toxic then the other though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure there's some sarcasm in there, but I'm not quite getting it
    Im sorry my dear friend, but I cannot make it more obvious Also with that many char's at lvl 100.. you must have quite alot of gold... hint hint..

Deleted
    People are so full of shit on these forums. You like previous stuff and not current - nostalgia. But the are people out there like me who can actually judge games and not rely on vaque memories.

Vanilla - great
    TBC - so far best expansion
    Wrath - Shit except Ulduar
    Cata- great start and went shit since Firelands
    MoP- total garbage, utter shit, worth no comment piece of crap
    WoD - second best expansion. If BRF is as good as it looks it might even take over TBC as my favourite

See zero nostalgia here I remember all the good things and bad things and judge accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    If that new kitty is a store mount, I very well might leave
    I think it's reward you get from collecting all the heirlooms? Can be used from level 1?

I'm sure I read this somewhere.

I am still subscribed. I started leaving my garrison, since that's all I've been doing. After doing that, I'm starting to actually enjoy the content outside those perimeters. I'm taking it slow and trying to avoid burn out, since I got a lot done during MoP. A few weeks ago I transferred back to my old realm, where my family/friends and alternative characters are located. That said, I'm going to start raiding with my new guild I found and seeing the content, eventually doing PvP stuff when time allows it.