Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Set bonuses for survival

For survival if were in mainly mythic gear are we waiting for mythic tier pieces or switching to heroic once we see 2 piece.

2pc is going to roughly double the # of LnL procs you get in a fight. it will probably be worthwhile to replace 691 mythic warforged with 665 tier to get the bonus

edit: it appears i grossly overestimated the value of our tier bonuses, lol
    Last edited by waat; 2015-01-28 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    2pc is going to roughly double the # of LnL procs you get in a fight. it will probably be worthwhile to replace 691 mythic warforged with 665 tier to get the bonus
    you what mate?

Deleted
    Simming the 2 piece by itself with current mythic gear yielded barely over 800 dps for me, not even factoring in iLvl downgrades. Unless there were any huge flaws in that, you'll mostly want to get the pieces which are good by themselves already. And for those to be noticably better than Mythic HM, they should still be 680, ideally Shoulders/Gloves/Chest to replace bad Highmaul haste gear with Multistrike pieces. Definitely not the Crit/Haste Legs if you have the Crit/MS ones from Ko'ragh already.
    But yeah, if you can get the 2 piece on HC with 2 non-Leg slots, that should definitely be worth the 5-11 ilvl downgrade on 2 slots, especially factoring in the extra MS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item - Hunter T17 Marksmanship 4P Bonus - While Rapid Fire is active, your critical strike damage increases by 3% per second.

Does this increase drop as soon as rapid fire drops or does it keep up for a period of time once rapid fire is over with?

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Item - Hunter T17 Marksmanship 4P Bonus - While Rapid Fire is active, your critical strike damage increases by 3% per second.

Does this increase drop as soon as rapid fire drops or does it keep up for a period of time once rapid fire is over with?
    I'm pretty sure it would be overpowered as fuck if it didn't drop when rapid fire was over.

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhh i wanna say no

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't expect it to last forever but does anyone know if it has any type of additional duration once rapid fire is over?

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "While Rapid Fire is active" are kind of the key words there...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    "While Rapid Fire is active" are kind of the key words there...
    If you took the wording completely literally, it would mean that every time you activate rapid fire, your crit damage increases by 45%, permanently.

15+ Year Old Account
    While Rapid Fire is active, your critical strike damage increases by 3% per second.

I read that is while active, it increases the crit damage by 3% per second. Pretty much what it says exactly. If anyone actually thought that it is permanent after, they are one of those that needs the direction on frozen dinners where it says "open packaging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    While Rapid Fire is active, your critical strike damage increases by 3% per second.

I read that is while active, it increases the crit damage by 3% per second. Pretty much what it says exactly. If anyone actually thought that it is permanent after, they are one of those that needs the direction on frozen dinners where it says "open packaging."
    Obviously nobody would seriously think that it means permanently, but the verbage isn't clear whether or not the buff remains for some time at the end, even after it stops 'increasing'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. But it says "while active" which means that once Rapid Fire is gone, the other buff is gone as well.

So any idea what the overall DPS bonus is like for SV?

Quote Originally Posted by saistain View Post
    So any idea what the overall DPS bonus is like for SV?
    I read somewhere that pretty much all bonuses (BM, MM, SV) gave around a 2k DPS increase, pretty mediocre compared to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ometius View Post
    I read somewhere that pretty much all bonuses (BM, MM, SV) gave around a 2k DPS increase, pretty mediocre compared to other classes.
    I would've thought it would be more. The 4set itself should be about 2k dps increase (so what 5% assuming BiS gear). 15% multistrike buff with 100% uptime. That's 15% like it goes from 35% to 50% I'm assuming?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saistain View Post
    I would've thought it would be more. The 4set itself should be about 2k dps increase (so what 5% assuming BiS gear). 15% multistrike buff with 100% uptime. That's 15% like it goes from 35% to 50% I'm assuming?
    I didn't test it, but I'm assuming it goes from 36% to 40,5%
    At least thats how our Survival passive works and it uses the same text.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    It drops as soon as Rapid Fire is over.

There's a thread on reddit's /r/competitivewow about this.

It's almost implemented in SimC, but not sure how accurate that data is (I presume it's based off beta so probably quite accurate).

Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post
    There's a thread on reddit's /r/competitivewow about this.

It's almost implemented in SimC, but not sure how accurate that data is (I presume it's based off beta so probably quite accurate).
    What is the "almost"? As far as I know, it's completely implemented, including iteration with numbers reviewed with Celestalon and others as they were tuning set bonuses. They could of course have some hidden set bonus change post beta; we will need to keep an eye out for that.

One thing that might be worth noting. The MM set bonuses increase the MM burst ability (more aimed shots * boosted crit dmg during RF). Depending on a raid group and fight, that may be worth more than flat dps increase if you have an MM hunter.