10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that's interesting that i'm seeing on Reddit is that there are a lot of casual clothing the NPC's wear that can be found around the world, you can even dye, though it's not a costume so it replaces your real gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    So salty about the nurf to critical surge hope they go back on that change.
    Yeah, me too. Most of the buffs to sorc only affect me a little bit, but that nerf hits my build hard. I'm going to have to go back to my 2H stam build if that change goes through.

Same to my NB--while I wholly applaud them for making some nice buffs for stam users, they gutted two of my main abilities to do it...combining that with giving mobs 5 sec CC immunity after being CC'ed, and then nerfing light armor pretty hard, I have a feeling I'm going one very dead magicka NB come 1.6.

On the flipside, my DK and Templar alts will be enjoying themselves much more. And hell, with B2P, if my main classes are too messed-up to be fun anymore, I can always just drop my sub and log in once a month to tool around on my alts.

And then, who knows, now that the justice system is in place, MAYBE we'll FINALLY get to see the Thieve's Guild/Dark Brotherhoodsometime before 2016.

meh the other sorc buffs are not even that great. Surge is mostly useless and buggy right now (first release of the 1.6 on ptr I expect bugs) power surge is mostly useless dark conversion for stam is good pets still hit for nothing they made the twilight weaker it has less health now and if you want to do a 2h stam build well momentum and it's morphs can't be used with surge since they both bring the major brutality buff.

not a great patch for sorcs so far IMO.

edit forgot the good stuff storm atro synergy now give a major berserk buff to the person that uses it 20% more dmg and absorption field morph for negate is super good now +20% movement speed and 20% more regen to stam, magicka, and health so upsides ^.^.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2015-01-29 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    It appears someone could access the crown stores for a while :

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls..._store_prices/

Looks reasonable, seems that subscribers will get crowns worth more then the 12 euro's they pay + all DLC's for free, that seems like a really good deal.

Deleted
    From what little I have played of it, the game is really good. But just pray that you don't need their customer support for whatever reason as you'll get no where.

This may be long but I'm going to explain my nightmare here. My therapy, if you will.

No one was more excited about the game coming out more than me. I bought the imperial edition for £100 back in February 2014 and even booked a week off work to play it the first week it came out. I managed to get to level 13 despite some disconnects and lagging, but then it turned 100x worse. The game would lag out completely the second I logged in, and after a minute of unplayable lag, would DC. I went online to find a fix for this problem and tried various steps. Nothing worked.

I contacted the Zenimax support team and must've opened in total 50 tickets or so. Sometimes they would come back to me, sometimes they wouldn't. Usually when they came back to me it would be a generic email asking if I've tried such innovative ideas like, restart my PC, remove addons. I've spent hours upon hours upon hours trying to fix this, I have tried such basic steps a million times and have never downloaded addons whatsoever. Usually when someone would ring me back, it would be a guy from customer support with limited technical ability and reading from a script.

After 3 - 4 months of trying to get the game to work, eventually I couldn't take anymore and ended my subscription.

4 days ago I reformatted my PC completely in order to try and play Elder Scrolls again. After finally downloading it, same problem happens. I have made loads of tickets, and again I'm getting no where. After explaining my problem in detail, I get a generic email back asking if I've got addons.

I have tried to ring the customer support myself, I was on hold for 45 minutes before I gave up. I have to wait 24 - 48 hours for a generic email, and a call from someone with technical knowhow is nothing but a pipedream. I am afraid I am close to giving up again. Imperial edition + sub fees £150 for 2 days of lagging gameplay. Fantastic value.

As I say, the game is actually good, but the customer support and technical problems is the worst I've ever seen in my life. I am 29 next month and no game has ever come close to the problems Elder Scrolls Online has given me to play it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Looks reasonable, seems that subscribers will get crowns worth more then the 12 euro's they pay + all DLC's for free, that seems like a really good deal.
    Yep, plus boosts. I don't expect the final version to be quite that fair...but it may be close.
    BAD WOLF

not a great patch for sorcs so far IMO.
    That sucks. I was looking forward to playing my "hunter".
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

meh the other sorc buffs are not even that great. Surge is mostly useless and buggy right now (first release of the 1.6 on ptr I expect bugs) power surge is mostly useless dark conversion for stam is good pets still hit for nothing they made the twilight weaker it has less health now and if you want to do a 2h stam build well momentum and it's morphs can't be used with surge since they both bring the major brutality buff.
    Sorc pet damage scales off Spell Damage and Spell Crit only, so Magicka Sorcs w/ both pets are apparently doing insane damage, to the point where people are calling for them to be nerfed. Also, 90% reduced AOE damage taken makes Sorc pets a real pain in duels since you must single target them down. Ignoring them really isn't an option since they hit like a truck!
    Last edited by Lycanthat; 2015-01-29 at 09:07 PM.

Gonna buy the game soon. What class should i pick if i enjoy Hunter (range, bow/gun) and healers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    That sucks. I was looking forward to playing my "hunter".
    Well, they did get a couple nice things for that playstyle:

One is that if if you're the only one on a mob's aggro list, the Clannfear will taunt that mob. Which will make him quite a better tank for a "hunter" type, at least in solo play.

Second is, they removed the explosive curse morph of daedric curse and added a new morph called "(something) prey" (I forget)--when your curse is active on a target, your pets will do +20% damage to that target.

So overall, it will be a buff to pets, though if they still do piddly base damage it'll be a small one. I personally haven't played with pets since before they added the /petattack ability for them, so I dunno in practice.

For myself, in addition to the Crit Surge nerf, I'm really ticked about the changes to ultimate gain and how that's going to affect Overload. Since you only gain ultimate from light/heavy attacks, and Overload replaces those with attacks that drain ultimate, it's going to go from "worst ulti for sorcs but still viable" to "worst Ulti in the game". Unless healing yourself also gives the buff, which I don't know.
    EDIT: actually, I may be overreacting on this one, if Overload light attacks still give you the buff, then it should still be usable, still pretty nerfed though considering I could stay in that form indefinitely with proper management. Will wait and see.

The relevant passage for those who haven't read all the notes (I don't blame you :P) is:
    Adjusted how Ultimate generation is gained to make it more even across different classes and builds:
    • When you damage an enemy with a light or heavy attack, you will receive a buff that grants three Ultimate per second for eight seconds.
      • This buff is refreshed with each light or heavy attack.
    • If you heal an ally that has the Ultimate gain buff, you will also receive the Ultimate gain buff for eight seconds.
      • This only works if the ally being healed was not at full health prior to the heal.
    • Abilities that previously gave Ultimate will now provide the Minor Heroism buff that will give you additional Ultimate over time.
    Last edited by Tidezen; 2015-01-29 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Gonna buy the game soon. What class should i pick if i enjoy Hunter (range, bow/gun) and healers ?
    If you want to do ranged bow attacks while healing you should probably go with Templar.
    If you're saying you want 2 separate characters: Templar for healing, and for a Hunter type class you can pick any class and just equip it with Medium armor.

There are different "flavors" of Hunter:
    • Nightblade: sneaky sniper, hit and run style, go invisible
    • Dragon Knight: hunter who can stand at range while also reflecting projectiles back at the people shooting at you
    • Sorcerer: a hunter with pets (not recommended; see my previous comment). Sorc is still pretty good though because they are very mobile. They can blink away really fast.
    Last edited by Lycanthat; 2015-01-29 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    Sorc pet damage scales off Spell Damage and Spell Crit only, so Magicka Sorcs w/ both pets are apparently doing insane damage, to the point where people are calling for them to be nerfed. Also, 90% reduced AOE damage taken makes Sorc pets a real pain in duels since you must single target them down. Ignoring them really isn't an option since they hit like a truck!
    Oh! Well, that sounds promising then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Second is, they removed the explosive curse morph of daedric curse and added a new morph called "(something) prey" (I forget)--when your curse is active on a target, your pets will do +20% damage to that target.
    Nice. I don't remember the setup I had on mine now, it's been awhile. I do hate that 1-2 of your ability slots are taken up with pets though, which disappear if you weapon swap without those abilities on the bar. I tended to not like to use the matriarch very much because of that, though having 2 pets was nice on some of the world bosses, sometimes if only so they're doing DPS while you're running around screaming. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

you have to devote a lot to make pets do this dps 4 skill slots just for pets and empowered ward for the 37%+ dmg increase also deadric prey and they should scale off what is higher stam or magicka.

also some theory crafting for some fun I wonder how good necropentc would be now 5 set is like +12% magicka when a pet is out.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2015-01-30 at 12:16 AM.

If you want to do ranged bow attacks while healing you should probably go with Templar.
    If you're saying you want 2 separate characters: Templar for healing, and for a Hunter type class you can pick any class and just equip it with Medium armor.

There are different "flavors" of Hunter:
    • Nightblade: sneaky sniper, hit and run style, go invisible
    • Dragon Knight: hunter who can stand at range while also reflecting projectiles back at the people shooting at you
    • Sorcerer: a hunter with pets (not recommended; see my previous comment). Sorc is still pretty good though because they are very mobile. They can blink away really fast.
    Thanks for that mate.

A templar healer is probably the way for me and then get a nightblade or dragon knight hunter

There is an age limit on the game on steam. Is the game suitable for young teenagers and if so at what point does it get "scary" or unsuitable? I am nervous to get it for my youngsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There is an age limit on the game on steam. Is the game suitable for young teenagers and if so at what point does it get "scary" or unsuitable? I am nervous to get it for my youngsters.
    In the game the main bady is Molag Bal, the Deamon prince of rape and enslavement.... also known as that guy who gave you a mace in Skyrim. That's basically the only reason it got a mature rating. Also some language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    In the game the main bady is Molag Bal, the Deamon prince of rape and enslavement.... also known as that guy who gave you a mace in Skyrim.
    I thought that was like some very minor lore only thing that no one gave a shit. Language sure, but still.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    How young are we talking? Death and torture of sorts are recurring themes and the concept of possession and nightmares are heavily woven into the story. No nudity that I've noticed, no bad language that I've noticed, just lots of thematic elements of death/hell/etc. As intense as that sounds, many of these concepts were utilized in the latter portion of Harry Potter novels. Death Eaters and Voldemort in general did the same types of things these bad guys do, just less explicitly.

I even had a field day complaining about Molag Bal b/c of his lore, but for the most part it isn't even relevant to the game.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I thought that was like some very minor lore only thing that no one gave a shit. Language sure, but still.
    Yeah, I don't think they reference the rape part in the game (unless it's in some book somewhere). The only reason I know about it is not through ESO, but from the expansion to Skyrim, Dawnguard, in which you meet a vampire who is one of the originals. The original vampires were brought into being by Molag Bal raping them; she has a conversation with you about this. But this is in Skyrim, not ESO.

@Gray: I personally don't think ESO deserved the "M" rating. It's about on the level of Skyrim if you've played that (minus what I just said in the previous paragraph). There are a few quests where someone has been tortured, but it's not described in detail or shown. There is a quest in the early ones where you can choose to murder some prisoners or not, depending on your dialogue choices.

There are two quests I recall where a person has had their eyes gouged out or eaten (by a Hag, in that case), those two quests are probably the most unsettling because of the dialogue and voice acting. Those are both part of the main questline in those zones.

One of the main zones in the game is Coldharbour, which is Molag Bal's domain, basically ESO's version of Hell. It's a dreary place but pretty tame overall. Have you played WOW? If so it's basically Icecrown with less snow. There is a quest where you have to gather body parts to create a flesh golem to knock down a locked door for you. Flesh Atronachs are basically Abominations from WoW.

In fact, in terms of "darkness" I think there's nothing in ESO that hasn't been done in WoW before, just that WoW is more cartoony. But yeah, you've got ghosts, vampires, werewolves, zombies, ritual sacrifices, demon summonings, etc. Your own character (minor early spoiler) gets killed as a sacrifice in the very opening cutscene, but you come back, obviously.

On the sex side, there's no nudity whatsoever. There is a couple who are doing BDSM in the basement of some tavern, but they're just standing there, nothing's actually happening (they allude to it through dialogue). They're not part of a quest or anything. Oh, and there are a few openly gay characters. One's a joke about this guy who is so charming, apparently even some of the men want him. There are four quests I've come across which involve same-sex couples, where you have to save someone's wife or husband from bandits/pirates, etc. Nothing sexual. One of the NPC questgivers talks to you after having sex with some chick, who's still sleeping there http://i.imgur.com/7oH3JWW.jpg. As you can see, suggestive, but nothing R-rated

Even what I said before about the quest NPCs being blinded--as I recall there was a quest exactly like it in MoP, on the starter island Hordeside, where you meet a troll who had just been blinded by attacking monkeys. It's just treated more seriously in ESO. So yeah, in terms of "mature" content, there's nothing really in the game that WoW hasn't already done. ESO does have a more serious tone, and the graphics are more realistic of course, and the dialogue is all voiced, which can make things more realistic. But in terms of actual blood and gore, there is none. Obviously you do kill tons of monsters and bad guys, but I'm sure they've done that before. Anyway, hope that helps, it's really a fun game.

EDIT: One last thing, when I was comparing it to Skyrim I was only speaking about thematic elements. Skyrim is WAY more bloody and gory. ESO combat has no blood whatsoever, no decapitations or flying limbs, nothing like that. You just swing your sword at enemies and hit them, nothing will happen to the character model outside of being knocked back sometimes.
    Last edited by Tidezen; 2015-01-30 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have any details on faction balances?

Is there a most played? A least played? Or is it all fairly even?

Does one dominate at pvp? Does one always lose at pvp?