Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TehCrab View Post
    From what I'm seeing (just Normal and Heroic runs with both Mains and Alts) - I haven't said to myself 'jeeez this will be perfect for CoW'. Its cast time is too long, and maybe because everything is fresh and hectic ATM, WoM wins by default.

Might change in Mythic however.
    I dunno, I did a lot of CoW healing for Hans + Franz, and Thogar. Mostly because the rest of the raid wasn't really getting hit with much, and the tanks get hit for quite a bit those fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild managed Gruul, Oregorgor & The Twins Hans & Franz (sp) - Normal

Disc for all.

Gruul

- is easy to know when the damage is coming for the inferno so you know when to shield/EAA PoH.

Oregorgor

Shielding anyone below 80% is highly recommended because there are several things that your raid can do wrong that will get them killed.

*Standing in the pool for more than 1 tick (As soon as its announced going out I was already moving). We started back right and went Left-Forward-Right-Forward-Left.
    * Melee getting hit by crystal
    * Missing Interrupts
    *Acid Splash on someone that isn't the tank will be a whole lot more damage.

We were running 2xHPal Sacs and tank CDs and then the tanks could call for my PS or our druid's ironbark if needed.

Phase two I put myself in one of the main intersections (Closest to where he spawned) and the dps knew to come near me for healing.
    Also found that being directly on the boss's backside as he's about to roll in a direction can get you hit so just be careful.

Normal Phase 2 is quite forgiving. I was able to take two rolls in a row with PW:Shield & Bulwark (was trying to kill myself on a wipe).

Hanz & Franz -

You can stand in the area between the belts and not move. If there lava grates are coming down if you are standing to the side just move to the furthest point from the belt without getting on the next belt and you wont get hit.

For the ones that aim from the top its better to stand on a belt and dodge as standing in between can get you hit twice.

Got into a Blast Furnace pug a bit back, here's the log I pulled from it.

Talents: Desperate Prayer, Feathers, Solace, Scream, Twist of Faith, Cascade, WoM

Highly recommend all holy priests use these exact talents, because they all helped at some point. It's a very mana-intensive fight, so try to use your cooldowns often, and Solace on cooldown as well. The damage comes in patterns, so plan your Cascades and pre-PoH all the Furnace Blasts. I just barely finished it having used a channeling pot, so I highly recommend that too. My group wasn't cutting edge by any means, but it was as good as pugs get on day 1. You might get more out of SoL and Halo, but keep in mind that Halo is very expensive and may OOM you very fast. You can squeeze in 3-4 Hymns, and I highly recommend it (starting with the first seconds of phase 2). The adds are CCable, so Scream will help you there (you can MC them too, and apparently the damage they do is great, but this isn't why your raid brought you). Again, be very conservative with mana. This probably goes double for heroic. I managed to enter phase 2 with full mana and finished the fight with none left, so use that as a benchmark if it helps.

Side-note:
    I'll update the OP with suggested talents when more people drop their feedback. Seems a bit early to say "this is what you should do" with only 1-2 responses for a fight.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-02-05 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blergy View Post
    I dunno, I did a lot of CoW healing for Hans + Franz, and Thogar. Mostly because the rest of the raid wasn't really getting hit with much, and the tanks get hit for quite a bit those fights.
    I regret not taking CoW for Hans'gar & Franzok for this reason. For Thorag I am still debating between WoM and CoW to be honest because there wasn't much pulsing damage going on. For the other 4 bosses I did (Oregorger,Gruul,Darmak,Kag'raz) I would recommend WoM because it felt that even if there was an opportunity to cast it, the raid was taking constant damage so couldn't afford it.

Another thing that I would like to see what others experienced: I am pretty sure when I read the debuff on Oregorger was saying mitigation and absorbs but didn't feel my shield made much of a difference, so either a bug or they didn't want to make absorbs mandatory for it and they changed it. Or I was too bad at noticing the difference! Not that it's groundbreaking for heroic but it may be a good tip for mythic.
    Also, what are you doing during on his P2? Line of sight is a real pain there, is there any indicator to know when people are los?

15+ Year Old Account
    Who would use B&S these days...?

Deleted
    Yesterday we managed to kill 6/10 HC.
    Grull is pretty easy to heal when tanks know what to do. Very nice entry lvl boss. I went WoM, other Disc went CoW. No healing paladin. Straight forward fight.

Oregorger is a mess!! I don't recommend going for him on HC. VERY demanding fight. DMG reduction cooldowns are required on tanks entire phase 1. Double PS + Barrier helped ALOT! You need a really strong CD rotation or Acid will one shot entire raid. I went WoM again with second Disc sticking with CoW.

Beastlord is easy peasy really. A lot of AoE dmg at the end. WoM all the way

Hanz'gar and Franzok are WAY easier than it looks like. Press plates don't one shot even on HC. Suplexes were fun because they could one shot tanks. Overall more laughing than struggling. CoW shines here, preventing suplex kills.

Operator Thogar - retard check! Really boring to heal but soft enrage - adds swarming at the end, forces everyone to be alive till the end. Hated this fight because every pull there were like 3 people dying from trains and we were wiping on 5%. Go CoW but it can be done with less amount of healers if Man-o-Wars are insta-gibbed. Not much more AoE dmg.

Flamebender Ka'graz - my personal favourite fight. Barrier on melee during Firestorm helps a lot. You need good tanks to manage wolves correctly. There's ALOT of stuff going on. If you dont panic, it becomes much easier. Keep shields on melee as often as you can - they will soak Molten Torrent dmg. I went CoW there because tanks get destroyed when wolves are up. And best tip - Mages/Hunters/Warlocks/Spiests can make Molten Torrent meaningless - we got like 10 people avoiding with Deterrence, Iceblock, Dispersion. Makes a huge difference at the end.

I'm using it! Gives speed boost for your target much faster! On Flamebender it's a bless for example

Deleted
    Is there any chance of people mentioning debuffs which are more useful than others to track for shields? I would be grateful! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Is there any chance of people mentioning debuffs which are more useful than others to track for shields? I would be grateful! <3
    The only debuff I've found worth tracking is Bomb on Furnace.

Fixate
    Inferno Slice (Gruul)
    Petrifying Slam (Gruul)
    Explosive Shard (Oregorger)
    Aftershock (Hans'gar)
    Molten Torrent (Ka'graz)
    Singe (Ka'graz)
    Volatile Fire (Furnace)
    Bomb (Furnace)
    Conflagration (Darmac - dispel priority)
    Inferno Breath (Darmac)
    Superheated Shrapnel (Darmac)
    Rend and Tear (Darmac)
    Pinned Down (Darmac)
    Delayed Siege Bomb (Thogar)
    Serrated Slash (Thogar)
    Rune of Grasping Earth (Kromog)
    Blood Ritual (Iron Maidens)
    Convulsive Shadows (Iron Maidens)
    Rapid Fire (Iron Maidens)
    Bloodsoaked Heartseeker (Iron Maidens)
    Penetrating Shot (Iron Maidens)
    Dominator Blast (Iron Maidens)
    Dark Hunt (Iron Maidens)

Tank debuffs:
    Inferno Strike (Gruul)
    Acid Torrent (Oregorger)
    Rising Flames (Ka'graz)
    Heat (Furnace)
    Enkindle (Thogar)
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-02-05 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    Fixate
    Inferno Slice (Gruul)
    Enkindle (Thogar)
    Yeeeessssssss
    <3 Thanks honey!

Did Thogar and Kromog, can't say either of those left an impression on me. At least on normal, it felt like "pick whatever talents you feel like". Probably best to run with PI and Cascade on both of them. I used Twist of Faith, but I didn't feel like I got much out of it, especially on Thogar. Also had a lot of free GCDs on both so ran with Solace, but YMMV if you're doing heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallphas View Post
    i would like to sugetst a link I found:
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...ealing-priest/
    I'm actually posting there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure Normal teaches you much seeing as the biggest hit is healing requirements.

We're nearly finished with Heroic and I would say thus far the heaviest healing requirement has come from Kromog. Get as much spirit as you can muster, you'll need it. With dual 350 spirit trinkets and a Dreamless I was still scratching for mana.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing

But I'm going to say Holy is going to be higher HPS once 4-pieces are obtained. 8 bounce mendings shooting out should maintain a near constant Serendipity. We'll see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybred View Post
    Not sure Normal teaches you much seeing as the biggest hit is healing requirements.
    Oh no, it's definitely not, but it's only day 2 and it's better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Updated the disc side of the house with 3 more bosses. Videos are currently being uploaded and i'll post them as soon as they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    I'd probably recommend it for Flamebender.

Our strat - any ranged that got the Meteor type debuff was running into melee to soak it across the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Updated the disc side of the house with 3 more bosses. Videos are currently being uploaded and i'll post them as soon as they are.
    Videos are now posted.

Killed Blast Furnace and Iron Maidens on heroic today:

For Iron Maidens I suggest Clarity of Will because the tank damage during bombs phase is rather high, and you're not going to get much millage out of WoM until the last phase.

Blast Furnace is an extreme endurance fight for healers; use WoM and don't blow your mana in the first phase. I suggest having the whole raid deal with one side of the furnace before doing the other side; doing so removed all of the difficulties from phase 1 that were present in our prior attempts.

Did Thogar and Hans'gar/Franzok on heroic. I'll post more on that later. Just wanted to drop in and say that Clarity of Purpose might not be too bad for Flamebender. Precast it as the Torrented person is running in and follow up with a CoH, plus some spam while Firestorm is going out.

Yeeeessssssss
    <3 Thanks honey!
    Added this link to OP:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ebuffs-for-BRF

See if there's anything more you need there.

edit: got Flamebender on heroic with CoP. Tbh, I didn't really feel like it did much, but we facerolled the entire encounter, and I'm convinced she's super undertuned. We didn't need to use any cooldowns on the Firestorms, but we still blew Aura Mastery and Tranq. So yeah, there was hardly any healing necessary throughout it, apart from the quick burst when Torrent comes out, most of which we cheesed with Deterrence or AMZ. Kinda disappointed by how easy most of the bosses are on heroic tbh.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-02-07 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s