Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Another 10% PWS Nerf - Enjoy

Power Word: Shield now absorbs 10% less damage.

Front page, new PTR patch -

Discuss

and yet again no changes to any other spells to make them worth casting. fking gg blizz thanks a lot

I just want to press more buttons! Nerf it all you want, but give me more things to press instead! Gosh.

sig by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    and yet again no changes to any other spells to make them worth casting. fking gg blizz thanks a lot
    ^This

Blizzard continues to prove that they have no Priest dev.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-02-14 at 04:43 AM.

PoM is probably worth casting now. CoW has higher HPM. SS is now a more attractive option with the 4-piece.

The PW:S nerf has actually given Disc more options.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    PoM is probably worth casting now. CoW has higher HPM. SS is now a more attractive option with the 4-piece.

SS isn't attractive because it's not needed for anything (it negates zero abilities in PVE).
    CoW isn't attractive because it takes so long to cast. Only used when tanks are being completely punished and you don't need healing elsewhere (raid healing, WoM is an overall increase).
    PoM might edge out in front but I doubt it will take priority because lol shields.

The inherent problems are still the same.
    Disc needs a complete rework not shitty tuning nerfs.

I, like many others, dislike playing Disc but until a complete rework I'm going to keep being asked to do so.

The answer is obviously to nerf PWS to the point that it's as shitty as the rest of the disc toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    SS isn't attractive because it's not needed for anything (it negates zero abilities in PVE).
    CoW isn't attractive because it takes so long to cast. Only used when tanks are being completely punished and you don't need healing elsewhere (raid healing, WoM is an overall increase).
    PoM might edge out in front but I doubt it will take priority because lol shields.

The inherent problems are still the same.
    Disc needs a complete rework not shitty tuning nerfs.

I, like many others, dislike playing Disc but until a complete rework I'm going to keep being asked to do so.
    By that logic, no talents are an attractive option because they're not needed for anything. Um, okay.

CoW has always been a good spell for various encounters. You are going to be taking it for quite a few fights regardless of PW:S' strength. Now, rather than using it on tanks exclusively, you also have the option of targeting more of the raid with it (instead of pure PW:S blanketing) due to its HPM advantage.

PoM is also a very good option now if you can get it to bounce fully. Most notably, using it before you trigger AA is absolutely worth it.

The honest truth is that PW:S has been crowding a lot of other spell options. Everyone says that PoM should be used on CD for Holy (even without the 2-piece) and garbage for Disc even though they essentially are the same spell for both specs. Ever wondered why that was? Heh.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-02-14 at 06:22 AM.

By that logic, no talents are an attractive option because they're not needed for anything. Um, okay.

CoW has always been a good spell for various encounters. Instead of using it on tanks solely, you now also have the option of targeting more of the raid with it (instead of pure PW:S blanketing) due to its HPM advantage.

PoM is also a very good option now if you can get it to bounce fully. Most notably, using it before you trigger AA is absolutely worth it.

The honest truth is that PW:S has been crowding a lot of other spell options. Everyone says that PoM is great for Holy and garbage for Disc even though they essentially are the same spell for both spells. Ever wondered why that was? Heh.
    No, I haven't really ever wondered why that was. The answers are simple;
    Disc has no problems with mana so looking at HPM isn't really helpful. Better to look at HPET - even on Imperator Mar'gok progression this was the case.
    PoM is better for Holy because Holy can't precast shields (well it can do 1 then its on cooldown but your Disc should take priority).
    PoM is also better due to Holy's 2 and 4 set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    No, I haven't really ever wondered why that was. The answers are simple;
    Disc has no problems with mana so looking at HPM isn't really helpful. Better to look at HPET - even on Imperator Mar'gok progression this was the case.
    PoM is better for Holy because Holy can't precast shields (well it can do 1 then its on cooldown but your Disc should take priority).
    PoM is also better due to Holy's 2 and 4 set bonuses.
    Why would HPM be a lone factor here? In fact, your argument actually supports the PW:S nerf. If Disc has no issues with mana when utilizing PW:S, you would never cast PoM unless they made PoM heal for more than PW:S either by buffing the former or nerfing the latter. With how well Disc is doing, do you really think there's any justification to giving Disc an overall buff by making its version of PoM stronger?

Fact is, PW:S was simply crowding out PoM in terms of effective HPET. PoM is a great option for Holy because it's a clear-cut HPET increase over its main filler, and it was this way even before the 2 and 4-piece bonuses.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-02-14 at 06:33 AM.

nerfing a spell to be shitty doesnt make other shitty spells better. it just makes everything shitty.

nerfing a spell to be shitty doesnt make other shitty spells better. it just makes everything shitty.
    How does this nerf make PW:S terrible? It's still a top-tier non-CD spell in terms of both HPET and HPM.

So disc priests are "encouraged" to hit PoH more than they currently do. Meh.

Many top disc parses seem to omit even EAA PoH from their rotation, so this is probably a good thing anyway.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So disc priests are "encouraged" to hit PoH more than they currently do. Meh.

Many top disc parses seem to omit even EAA PoH from their rotation, so this is probably a good thing anyway.
    Agreed, but is it too much to ask for H Pallies to get some attention too? =(

Ok. I just lost all hope in this expansion now. No more healing priest for me then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menz View Post
    Ok. I just lost all hope in this expansion now. No more healing priest for me then.
    Why are there so many hyperbolic posts like this?

PW:S is way way to powerful, they should nerf it to the point that you actually use other spells, and if at that point you need buffed then sure lets talk, but Disc is (and still will be in 6.1) very powerful.

What for is a priest for now? Huh? Can anyone tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Why are there so many hyperbolic posts like this?

PW:S is way way to powerful, they should nerf it to the point that you actually use other spells, and if at that point you need buffed then sure lets talk, but Disc is (and still will be in 6.1) very powerful.
    But this is exactly the problem.. Bliz always make changes without considering future changes, anyone with a working brain could see that discs toolset was broken.

If they'd nerfed PW:S by 30% and buffed atonement by 100% and nova by 50% (arbitrary numbers but you get the idea) we'd accept it, it would give alternatives and bring our absorbs into line.

All Bliz do is kneejerk reactions to meterwhores, which results in disc ping ponging between overpowered and underpowered depending on the level of QQ.

As it stands disc has no effective way of filling up green bars, this change hasnt fixed that, just made it worse as the green bars go down more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    But this is exactly the problem.. Bliz always make changes without considering future changes, anyone with a working brain could see that discs toolset was broken.

If they'd nerfed PW:S by 30% and buffed atonement by 100% and nova by 50% (arbitrary numbers but you get the idea) we'd accept it, it would give alternatives and bring our absorbs into line.

All Bliz do is kneejerk reactions to meterwhores, which results in disc ping ponging between overpowered and underpowered depending on the level of QQ.

As it stands disc has no effective way of filling up green bars, this change hasnt fixed that, just made it worse as the green bars go down more.
    Sure I understand that (to a degree), but PW:S is way to powerful (and it actually hurts other healers as well, my class in particular).

So I think we have to accept that this was needed and lets see how it goes?

I think posting hypberbolic "OMFG DISC PRIEST ARE NOW FUCKING THE WORST HEALERS IN THE GAME FUCK BLIZZARD" posts are not very helpful though

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

I think posting hypberbolic "OMFG DISC PRIEST ARE NOW FUCKING THE WORST HEALERS IN THE GAME FUCK BLIZZARD" posts are not very helpful though
    100% agree with this point.

But I suspect the frustration is mounting as most discs can see the problem and we're baffled as to why Bliz can't.

I'd say that they must have recently laid off their priest dev, but it's always been like this, constant kneejerk reactions rather than anything that looks like a considered approach and long term planning.