Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Need more links? Point is, she dun goofed. She should be pushing for better funding for schools if she expects them to suddenly be able to afford feeding kids healthy options. Other wise, what does anyone expect but small portions and inedible food items with such low budgets?
    Something tells me the republican senate and congress wouldn't be for funding schools.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Faloestin View Post
    Exactly right. You get what you pay for - in this case, sloppy fat uneducated children with stomach aches.
    We send everything except trucks and beer to china to get it done. Why not send our kids to china to teach them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So basically, people see a handful of lunches put out by public government schools that barely have the funds to even put a sandwich on a tray because of how gutted public school budgets are, look at a person who has made general statements despite having literally no power in the area, and went "thanks Obama?"

This isn't exactly surprising at this point.

Also, the whining about how government run lunch programs started an initiative to try to make their own food more healthy is somehow massive liberal government overreach is just delicious.
    Hands off my gubmint food, communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Again: Policies aren't her doing. All she did was campaign.

If the policies didn't include bigger budgets, that's again, not on her.
    But you certainly didn't see her campaigning to include bigger budgets to afford her campaign for healthier food now did ya? I am merely saying that the whole, healthy food thing has two parts to it. The first part is getting them to recognize they need healthier food. The second is getting them the money they need in order to actually provide that healthier food. She ignored half the problem and these are the results we got. It may not be directly her fault, but she was the one responsible for causing the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's my point, the "SEE LOOK WHAT MS OBAMA DID TO OUR SCHOOL'S FOOD111111" tweets is....odd. I mean if there's nothing legimiately odd(Like odd as fuck food combination) this complaint is....shallow.
    You didn't see the first picture I posted did you? or some in some of the links? Those have food items that look legitimately odd and or inedible.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don't understand how they expect to have lower taxes and food that just looks good in schools... Yes it looks bad, presentation isn't the point and I don't want my taxes going to make food pretty...
    I could think of one way to make it look better. Not just throw it on down like they are in some wrestling match.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Something tells me the republican senate and congress wouldn't be for funding schools.
    I dont deal with parties. I just deal with logic and facts. And the fact of the matter is, it costs more to eat healthy and the schools don't have the funding to pull it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess you didn't click the link to see several different ones from what I posted?
    http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...ke_to_twi.html

That has more, including a few the first link has. Here is more
    http://www.businessinsider.com/stude...r-meals-2014-4

Need more links? Point is, she dun goofed. She should be pushing for better funding for schools if she expects them to suddenly be able to afford feeding kids healthy options. Other wise, what does anyone expect but small portions and inedible food items with such low budgets?
    We need some before and after pics. The nutritional requirements are quite basic, if a gutted school system had bad lunches before, posting the "after" pics are useless.

Edit: Wow went to those links. It's pictures of mashed potatoes, mashed yams, some shredded lettuce, etc. Frankly 3/4 of that looks more appetizing than the lunches I had in elementary school.

Do people really think mashed yams are unappetizing "slop"?
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-02-20 at 05:58 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    We send everything except trucks and beer to china to get it done. Why not send our kids to china to teach them?
    Sure - at the least, a couple of months making iPhones in Longhua ought to take the sloppy fat off.

I just spent 15 minutes looking at images of bacon tattoos. :P I think that's enough internet for tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I just spent 15 minutes looking at images of bacon tattoos. :P I think that's enough internet for tonight.
    Sig'd

Charmander
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We need some before and after pics. The nutritional requirements are quite basic, if a gutted school system had bad lunches before, posting the "after" pics are useless.

Edit: Wow went to those links. It's pictures of mashed potatoes, mashed yams, some shredded lettuce, etc. Frankly 3/4 of that looks more appetizing than the lunches I had in elementary school.

Do people really think mashed yams are unappetizing "slop"?
    Most of it is slop. And gl getting before and after pics. I mean, obviously it was fine before if you didn't see thousands of pictures all over the internet of bad lunches like you do now. Even if some of it is not slop, its very Very small portions.

- - - Updated - - -

So when she campaigns for a good cause, she's at fault when someone else fucks it up.

When someone else fucks it up, it's her fault for not being specific enough.
    No, you're missing the point completely and utterly. When she was campaigning for better food, she didn't address half the problem. She addressed only One part of the problem, schools needing to serve better food. She didn't address the part of the problem of how they are to afford that. Its not "someone else" messing it up, its the one doing the campaigning not being fully informed to begin with nor addressing all of the problems to the situation she is campaigning.

She is the one whos campaign got the change. So in this situation yes, it is her fault. You are failing to understand that she only halfway solved the problem. Plain and simple, the schools need the Money to afford the healthier food she wanted them to serve.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    I honestly don´t see the issue, she´s absolutely right

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    I honestly don´t see the issue, she´s absolutely right
    The problem is what happened because of her. Not what she stood for. And what happened is smaller sizes that wont fill anyone, and inedible food items being served.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of it is slop. And gl getting before and after pics. I mean, obviously it was fine before if you didn't see thousands of pictures all over the internet of bad lunches like you do now. Even if some of it is not slop, its very Very small portions.
    Or you know, people are pushing the anti Obama stuff. School lunches being bad was a meme before memes were a thing. When schools get $1-2 per student for lunches you're not going to get outback steakhouse. Most of the things on that site were things like mashed yams, mashed potatoes, LETTUCE SALAD OMG. Seems like they did good with what they had. Before and after pics are a perfectly reasonable thing to ask for. If it was both slop before and after, nothing changed.

Thinking of my old school's "macaroni" and "Cheese product" makes my stomach churn. I would always leave it because it was nasty.

Which isn't because of her, once again. You say it's because of her, but you ignore that it isn't because of her.

She campaigned for it, that doesn't mean it's because of her. Someone else made the policy and didn't take into account what was needed. Not her.
    I get ya. What you're saying is that they would have done this change, regardless of the fact that the first lady was the Only One campaigning for it. If not the only one the Biggest one with the most influential pull.

She didn't even half way solve the problem. SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT CAMPAIGN.
    And apparently that is all it took for the entire change to give Her credit from everyone. Right? I mean, I must have missed everything and everyone saying it happened due to her.

Campaigning does nothing. It just shows someone cares. The ones who enact the policy are entirely to blame for the policies enacted. They didn't have to enact the policy - They CHOSE to enact it without taking into account the other half.

Both halves of the blame lie on those who enacted the policy.
    She didn't bring the other half into account either. If she wouldn't have even brought the food issue into account, they wouldn't have enacted anything because they wouldn't have had the first lady breathing down their necks to do it. Say it all you want, but without her, this wouldn't have happened. Just like it didn't for years.

That is why she shouldn't be campaigning for anything. Because people will listen because of Who She Is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    How did we miss reporting on the first female president anyway?
    There was plenty of press when Hilary was the President back in the 90s.

Deleted
    So a person who is trying to stop American Kids from becoming fat like their Parents. Is advising people not too feed them powdered crap.

The horror!

10+ Year Old Account
    I could think of one way to make it look better. Not just throw it on down like they are in some wrestling match.
    Complain to the lunch servers! The way it looks has nothing to do with it's nutritional value... Those pictures are a trick to make people express their emotion, instead of thinking about how stupid it is to complain that food doesn't look pretty.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    But she doesn't want to outlaw it, right? We don't need more nanny statism.

(Stores still use plastic bags here in California)
    I'd be pissed if they took my plastic bags away for the sake that they're very useful when cleaning the litter box.

OT: If I had a fucking personal chef, I wouldn't eat processed shit either because I'd have my chef make me everything. Man, that's funny. "We the 1% feel that the 99% should instead seek out 1% privileges!" is the moral I'm getting here. She IS aware that processed shit is significantly cheaper and the only thing that many people can afford, right? She should take a stance on how expensive non-processed shit is, instead.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If I had a fucking personal chef, I wouldn't eat processed shit either because I'd have my chef make me everything. Man, that's funny. "We the 1% feel that the 99% should instead seek out 1% privileges!" is the moral I'm getting here. She IS aware that processed shit is significantly cheaper and the only thing that many people can afford, right? She should take a stance on how expensive non-processed shit is, instead.
    She is not telling you to get a chef... Powdered Mac and cheese isn't the only alternative to chefs...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Or you know, people are pushing the anti Obama stuff. School lunches being bad was a meme before memes were a thing. When schools get $1-2 per student for lunches you're not going to get outback steakhouse. Most of the things on that site were things like mashed yams, mashed potatoes, LETTUCE SALAD OMG. Seems like they did good with what they had. Before and after pics are a perfectly reasonable thing to ask for. If it was both slop before and after, nothing changed.

Thinking of my old school's "macaroni" and "Cheese product" makes my stomach churn. I would always leave it because it was nasty.
    School food was shit when I went and, as I said earlier, that was long before the Obamas were in office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'd be pissed if they took my plastic bags away for the sake that they're very useful when cleaning the litter box.

OT: If I had a fucking personal chef, I wouldn't eat processed shit either because I'd have my chef make me everything. Man, that's funny. "We the 1% feel that the 99% should instead seek out 1% privileges!" is the moral I'm getting here. She IS aware that processed shit is significantly cheaper and the only thing that many people can afford, right? She should take a stance on how expensive non-processed shit is, instead.
    Or I could go onto this new thing called "the Internet" and look up a recipe for a healthy mac n cheese.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Or I could go onto this new thing called "the Internet" and look up a recipe for a healthy mac n cheese.
    I find your words fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Tell me more about this "Internet"?