Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BM playstyle is tedious, annoying

single target is fine (except oregorger where pet cant keep up) but when it comes to 2 or more targers it is vexing trying to maintain beastcleave due to its short duration and mana cost whilst trying to use kill command on cd. thus our 2pc and 4pc bonuses are not realized to their full potential on multitarget fights.

what rotation are you guys using on 2 or more targets to alleviate this issue

Nope, 2pv and 4pc aren't used to the full potential on multi-target. You shouldn't be trying to use KC on CD, just use it if you have focus to spare. It seems odd but you'll do more dps.

Deleted
    The one in the guide, like you should be doing.

If its tedious or annoying, don't play the spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're finding the rotation to BM tedious I'm pretty sure you're playing it wrong. BM only gets a little boring in AoE and even then the rotation for it still requires some attention and decent play.

Deleted
    I decided to keep in SV cuz BM is rly hard to play

Deleted
    For ST and anything with heavy AoE (Thogar/tectus/Beastlord) I use BM now. For cleave fights with 2/3 targets (Twin orgron, Iron Maidens, Brackenspore etc) I still use SV because I'm more comfortable with SV cleave.

Deleted
    I've never had any problems with the spec, but since to me the rotation came quite naturally/automatically, the only thing I can say is that the best options are usually presented in hunter guides. In the end it all comes down to personal preference, though, so if you don't like it, just switch to another spec. Unless you really care about the small dps differences, I wouldn't worry too much about it and just play whatever feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    If you're finding the rotation to BM tedious I'm pretty sure you're playing it wrong. BM only gets a little boring in AoE and even then the rotation for it still requires some attention and decent play.
    I also find the rotation a bit tricky.. and was hoping to get some help.

In general, for multi target, it's basically
    Multi
    Cobra
    Cobra
    Multi
    Cobra
    Cobra
    Multi

and when barrage is up, cobra until you have focus for a barrage and replace multi? then continue to cobra till you have enough focus for multi? and any excess will be used for kill command? Then pop focus fire prior to casting bestial wrath everytime it becomes available? In general does that sound right? I don't know why it feels tedious to perform, but it is! I have a tough time moving around and focusing on everything while watching the cooldown on barrage+using excess focus on kill command.

For single target, it feels tedious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhayne View Post
    and when barrage is up, cobra until you have focus for a barrage and replace multi? then continue to cobra till you have enough focus for multi? and any excess will be used for kill command? Then pop focus fire prior to casting bestial wrath every time it becomes available? In general does that sound right? I don't know why it feels tedious to perform, but it is! I have a tough time moving around and focusing on everything while watching the cooldown on barrage+using excess focus on kill command.

For single target, it feels tedious as well.
    Seems you just need to be more used to the general priority and you just can't compare it to SV with focusing shot, since that was just too gravy.

More importantly though it seems you need to improve your UI, perhaps with something like WeakAuras 2, TellMeWhen or similar, so you can keep an eye on BW, Barrage, etc.
    You could also use bartender and similar addons together with OmniCC to center your most used abilities and having a cooldown counter that way. I would still advice WA or TMW in order to keep an eye on stuff like Beast Cleave, BW and so on.

yeah bm is set up wonky right now, sv is much more fun and fluid to play.

ye,is so much more fun to play.

Posts like these have always blown my mind..

Don't like the spec, don't play it.

I dislike Spinach, yet I don't stand in the produce section of my local grocery telling the people about it.

To the question about AoE. It's more beneficial to maintain 100% uptime on beast cleave than it is to worry about weaving KC in the AoE rotation. Worry about BC, then barrage, and if you have some spare focus.. hit a KC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    I dislike Spinach, yet I don't stand in the produce section of my local grocery telling the people about it.
    I would probably pay you to do that just for the sheer amusement.

OT: Don't play the spec if you don't know how. I personally love the way BM is, it's fun that I actually have to think about what I'm doing.

I agree. The only fight which I'm doing better than I was with SV is Gruul (and maybe Kromog).

My biggest problem seems to be controlling my pet and conserving focus properly. From What I've read it's important to be changing from passive to assist, using dash when necessary, etc. This seems like a huge hassle. Another problem, for example, is on the Beastmaster fight, I lose so much DPS having my pet run from boss, to spears, to adds. Should he be staying on the boss the entire time? Or on Operator, should I send my pet to the cannons or just range them down with Arcane shot/kill shot.

Everyone says "READ THE GUIDE IDIOT" but the guide doesn't answer how to handle those types of scenarios in each fights.

SV, on the other hand, is relatively simple and still puts out great numbers (just not what can be the BEST numbers).

If anyone would be willing to look at my charts and let me know how I can improve, it would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is fun enough for me, now that it's up there with the other 2 I can play it w/o worry about the "OMGWTFBBQ NOOB!" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    mana cost
    Dat Mana Cost

But yeah I do agree with you OP, I think I will be going back SV or even MM. BM just seems really weird and slow to me as well.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana cost? Is this Wrath huntering?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Dat Mana Cost

But yeah I do agree with you OP, I think I will be going back SV or even MM. BM just seems really weird and slow to me as well.
    Spamming SV multi-shot seems so much more satisfying than casting MS once, Serpent Stinging twice, and casting MS again.. over and over for AOE mobs.

Also - the whole dumping stacks before every BW is awkward to me.

I really want to be good at BM, but don't want to have to force myself to learn it while my guild is progressing. Especially considering I usually am 1-3 on DPS nearly every fight as SV.

At the same time, I feel like a bum for using a spec which isn't "the best".

If it ain't broke, don't fix it?
    Last edited by galaxyquest; 2015-03-04 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    only thing i hate about bm is the 2set, when BW doesnt even reset once in the fight due to bad rng and sometimes can proc 2-3 times in row at begining and then nothing in whole fight is a joke, everything else thou is fine and i enjoy playing it.

If bm had a 2set like increases kill command or arcane shot by "X" amount then that would be alot nicer and more predictable consistent dps, some people like rng because it can make them look better than they are, the more BW resets you get more you benefit from 4set of BM by getting an extra pet that alot of damage which will boost your dps immensly.

I hope 6.2 will have more decent tier bonuses for bm like something like the one in MoP where it extends your BW from 10 to 15secs etc and not some rng bullshit like the 2set now.
    Last edited by mmoc70cae6536f; 2015-03-05 at 12:37 AM.