Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry [Imperator Normal] Horrible warlock dps.

Hello there.

So I did a pug attempt of Imperator normal with a 655ilevel walrock at that time, sadly I don't have other logs to provide than what is shared at askmrrobot. (Should have the compressed logs saved on pc.) So I haven't really done much logging over all and I am getting used to the Service/Servitude spec, but I noticed that my dps was just absolutely horrible. Beyond that even. Logs are below.

So ''I know'' what to do in practice:

Opener: Potion ->Soul fire->Pull happens->Corruption->Serviceoomguard HoG->Meta/Doom->HoG-> and start normal rotation which is as follows:

Without meta:

Corruption up.
    HoG
    Filler
    HoG
    Shadow bolt
    Repeat this whilst saving molten core for meta

Repeat this till 800-900 fury, pop meta.

Doom up.
    Touch of chaos to extend corruption.
    Soul fire (with molten core procs)

At 25% swap shadow bolt for soul fire.

So Askmrr. logs are below:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...0#v=0,d=0,c=15

If you look at the other warlock we had he did significantly better dps (even if gear is different)

Any help is appreciated. I felt like a total, uh. What's a nice word for noob? After said attempt.
    Last edited by Lafdet; 2015-03-01 at 11:08 PM.

Try not playing demo

Quote Originally Posted by lordcholoz View Post
    Try not playing demo
    I want to stick with demo, because reasons. Next?

70% corruption uptime
    80% doom uptime

that's all i can really gather out of that log
    askmrrobot logs are shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    You're a pure DPS class, you job in a raid is to do the most of amount of DPS as possible while taking the least amount of damage.

You should be open to switching specs depending on encounters to help out the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfalcon View Post
    You're a pure DPS class, you job in a raid is to do the most of amount of DPS as possible while taking the least amount of damage.

You should be open to switching specs depending on encounters to help out the raid.
    Demonology is perfectly viable on NORMAL Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfalcon View Post

I'd take that seriously if I were doing mythic progression or mythic in general, but I run normal or HC at most on that warlock alt and want to learn how to play a spec I like better, is that a sin in the community now a days? Erh.

I'd take that seriously if I were doing mythic progression or mythic in general, but I run normal or HC at most on that warlock alt and want to learn how to play a spec I like better, is that a sin in the community now a days? Erh.
    Not a sin in a pug group, but it is if you're trying to do it seriously. LFR and PUGS you can basically do whatever you want and no one really cares. But I think they were just saying that you'd squeeze more DPS out of a different spec. It's an immediate way to boost DPS placement.

Something to keep in mind also is that because you were in a pug you may not have had full buffs going so that's something to look at. Then of course look at all the basic stuff like enchants and crap, or if you accidentally left a piece of PVP gear on or something.

After that it's just down to how you're playing. From what you've stated though you got it down, so I don't think that's it. I'd say run it again if possible with something to log your stuff for you in more detail and dig through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokestah View Post
    Not a sin in a pug group, but it is if you're trying to do it seriously. LFR and PUGS you can basically do whatever you want and no one really cares. But I think they were just saying that you'd squeeze more DPS out of a different spec. It's an immediate way to boost DPS placement.
    I get that, yeah. Probably just a bit over the top with my reply, honestly not much into changing specs unless I am into doing mythic content. I probably will not ever be in top guilds due to that, or have a guaranteed raid spot. I rather spend my time perfecting what I am happy to play than swap, eh.

It could be lack of buffs, yeah. But if you look at the link provided the other warlock in the same pug were able to pull much more dps with about same (even if ''bad'') dot uptimes. His soulfire damage was way higher up however. I am not sure what could effect that, should I consume molten core stacks in normal form even if below 9?

Well his iLvl is 676 that's a pretty decent gap in gear scores there. So He could prob just autoattack and out DPS everyone (I'm joking obviously) but one of the biggest differences is his haste dropping more tics per dot. That adds up over the course of the fight.

For instance if you take your gear and compare his

Int:
    Yours
    His

SpellPower:
    Yours
    His

Haste:
    Yours
    His

And so on, it quickly shows that he's just outgearing you.

Now I'm not saying that there isn't room for improvement. But I wouldn't compare yourself to him just yet. If you both had the exact same gear and he was trouncing you in the DPS dept. THEN I'd be concerned.

Take a look at this quick n' Dirty MS Paint I whipped up.

i.imgur.com/8Hk3XIw jpg (I apparently haven't posted enough to be able to post links yet. So add a . After the w and before jpg)

Once you see it side by side you can really see what you need to improve upon.

*Edit* BTW Drain Life isn't typically used during raids at all. That 1.8% uptime you had is a DPS loss you could be firing something else off. Again this is a pug so it doesn't really matter. But personal experience tells me it's frowned upon lol.
    Last edited by Jokestah; 2015-03-02 at 02:34 AM.

I'm still learning/adjusting to the "new" playstyle demo has now with serv serv, but from what i gather, you don't really want to JUST gather fury till you get X amount of fury. You want to react to procs (trinket/weapon enchants) and use your fury/mc procs during those times. So you pop in and out of meta accordingly. I find my dps is better when i react to procs better like that. I also find that i tend to use touch of chaos way more than i have to and that's something i personally should correct, but if you look at your logs, the other lock used touch of chaos a lot less than you did so might be something to consider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokestah View Post
    Well his iLvl is 676 that's a pretty decent gap in gear scores there. So He could prob just autoattack and out DPS everyone (I'm joking obviously) but one of the biggest differences is his haste dropping more tics per dot. That adds up over the course of the fight.

For instance if you take your gear and compare his

Int:
    Yours
    His

SpellPower:
    Yours
    His

Haste:
    Yours
    His

And so on, it quickly shows that he's just outgearing you.
    Spot on with this analysis. Your biggest problem is your stats is totally wrong for your spec. If you have barely any mastery on your gear you shouldn't play demo as your spec. You have crit/mstrike on your gear, you should play as destro until you gain more mastery. Your mastery is 444 while your competition has 1587, its normal that he will destroy you on meters. Fix your gear your dps will vastly improve. Perfect rotation can only do good, if you have the right gear/stats/gems enchants etc. Plus you have no enchants to cover up for your lost stats. Better to fix those first before asking for more dps advice.. Good luck and let us know how it goes after you improve on those..

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, do not underestimate Chaos Wave with good procs/DS, takes huge chunks out of tiny adds everywhere, especially with 4pc boni.

Thanks for all the advice/Analysis. I am aware of lacking enchants, that I will fix. I suppose the gear is not fit for Demo playstyle could be one of the issues. I just don't really enjoy destruction with it's slow ember generation, however will consider playing it till I can gather some mastery gear.

Also about the drainlife, yeah. Our healers were struggling. I tend to hesitate too fast, I'd say. Good spot with noting it however.

That chaos wave thing though. I were under the impression you shouldn't use it, but I guess there are exceptions to the rule too.

Touch of chaos thing is interesting, possibly will attempt to just pop in/out of meta when having trinket procs and such to use soul fire as suggested. Cheers all.

The spec is viable yes. Destro tends to work better because you know, reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcholoz View Post
    Try not playing demo
    i'm just asking why this :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arkuggz/simple

double Demonology...go speak with him and explain you know better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post

...speechless.

Thanks for all the advice/Analysis. I am aware of lacking enchants, that I will fix. I suppose the gear is not fit for Demo playstyle could be one of the issues. I just don't really enjoy destruction with it's slow ember generation, however will consider playing it till I can gather some mastery gear.

Also about the drainlife, yeah. Our healers were struggling. I tend to hesitate too fast, I'd say. Good spot with noting it however.

That chaos wave thing though. I were under the impression you shouldn't use it, but I guess there are exceptions to the rule too.

Touch of chaos thing is interesting, possibly will attempt to just pop in/out of meta when having trinket procs and such to use soul fire as suggested. Cheers all.

Exceptions for chaos wave is if you need to use it on adds that won't live long enough for guldan, if you have strong procs/DS up and have enough fury to spend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post

When you're as good as Sparkuggz, you can do whatever the hell you want and get away with it. Most of us aren't at that level and need to do what's best for us and our group.

Also, the fact that he's double demo now currently is kind of irrelevant. Method cleared Mythic Higmaul a while ago. What spec was he using on Imperator when they were still progressing through Highmaul? (Genuine question, I have no idea).
    Last edited by Jaman; 2015-03-02 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    Playing Demo is what causes the mishap

There's not necessarily one answer - it depends on how quickly the targets need to die. Chaos Wave provides more burst and does more immediate damage. Hand of Gul'dan provides demonic fury. I think which one you use is going to depend on the situation.