Poll: How do you feel about Pandaria now?

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    MoP had lots of flaws that I did not like. WoD just seems to be expansion where they dropped all positive stuff from MoP and retained (and made worse) all the negative stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I never understood why people are so shocked that people have different tastes.
    The people claiming vanilla was the best aren't the same that are saying BC was the best, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Yeah, as much as you'd like to believe that this is the case, it's not. Cata has always been hated by pretty much everyone and both BC and WotLK are considered to be the best expansions by a lot of people.

Just look at this poll. MoP is not even close to being considered "the best", which it should be according to your logic.
    You both are right, but good luck trying to drag away retards with their "IT'S NOSTALGIA DUUUUR DURRR !" hardwired reaction. It's not like logic or facts are even noticed in such cases.

WotLK > Cata pre nerf > WoD > MoP >>>> Cata post nerf

Wasn't here for Vanilla or TBC.

This thread sounds familiar..

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Quality-So-Far

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...urning-crusade

I can't wait to link back to this thread next year when we get threads about how much better WoD was than the next expansion.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    mop > cata > tbc > wod > rest which I didnt play alot.

Games with 10man raids > all

15+ Year Old Account
    Tons of the player base hated Pandaria before the beta was even out because they couldn't wrap their simple minds around the fact that pandas were never a joke.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    both BC and WotLK are considered to be the best expansions by a lot of people.
    They were very hated when they were current content though. These forums were filled with posts of how horroble they were, and how they ruined WoW. It think that is all he was trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mop was the beginning of the end for content outside the raid. And by content outside the raid I mean alternative means of character progression. WoD just took this to the next level and shoved everybody into raiding even more.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Shortly into the lifespan of Mists... people were saying Cata was the better expansion. It happens for literally EVERY expansion... what came previously is always better.

Also... WHAT HO!
    Maybe the expansions are just getting continuously worse.

MoP was a bad expansion, it was way better than WOD though. Warlords of Draenor are pure fail.

My expansion rankings (personally) are: TBC > Wrath > MoP > SW:ToR > WoD > Playing With A Ball And A Cup > Creating Food/Water During Vanilla When You Made One Stack At A Time > Running Through AQ In Vanilla After Each Wipe Before Everyone Had Bug Mounts Or You Could Port > Cata

I personally like wod a lot better

MoP was bad. It was better than Cata, but that's not setting the bar very high. I haven't loved WoD so far, but I like it much better than MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Shortly into the lifespan of Mists... people were saying Cata was the better expansion. It happens for literally EVERY expansion... what came previously is always better.
    Yeah, I don't remember anyone saying that. If that was an opinion, it certainly wasn't very widespread. Very, very few people liked Cata more than just about any other expansion, then or now.

MoP had fun abilities. Fel flame, glyph of demon hunting, zen flight, flying, now lost to WoD. We will never forget. MoP > WoD.

Deleted
    I like it when the Original Poster makes a poll so that people can agree with him and then the poll results prove him wrong.

One thing that I loved about MoP is how fun the classes were to play, especially Warlocks. With all the major changes that came to our class for WoD, I think the Devs were trying to revive the "good old days" of Vanilla and TBC, however...

They forgot to bring back the talent trees and spell ranks that made playing with a simple rotation back then so much fun.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the story and themes of WoD vastly more than I did MoP, however the game seems far less fun to play now than it did in 5.4.

I also don't like feeling that I will fall behind if I neglect maintaining my Garrison, but the repetition of doing those chores everyday is really starting to get old. I liked the simplicity of the farm at Sunsong Ranch much better.

MoP is how fun the classes were to play, especially Warlocks
    Warlocks were ungodly and inexcusably overpowered throughout the entire expac. So were hunters. So were mages.

Everyone who thinks cata or mop was good are plain and simply wrong, the two expansions took way too many things for granted with removal of most of what left hopes for WoW continuing to be an RPG as opposed to a glorified arcade / facebook game with 4 button classes and rewards for participation (dailies/garrison/legendary quest/lfr) or cheesing (challenge modes/fotm arena comps dominating throughout both expansions) rather than actual effort and good understanding of game mechanics.

That said, WoD is simply continuing the tradition of fuffing about with poorly executing random changes. Yes, the game was getting out of hand with too many abilities -- but I don't think anyone is happy with plain removal of iconic ones (like evocation / fireblast baseline for all mages, backstab for assassination rogues, shield slam and shield block for non-prot warriors, etc.). Cata / MoP added way too many abilities that just shouldn't exist (stampede, imp swarm, paladin guardian, -- yes, a lot of them were pets; There were also things like warlock shield wall / regeneration, mage alter time, bladestorm for fury, two charges on paladin buffs / hunter kill shot, insane buff to shadowburn, etc.).

Both MoP and WoD had their moments (WoD leveling was quite fantastic, MoP overall had a lot of things to do) but they were still flawed. To me, MoP had ~5 flaws for each thing it did right. WoD has 10. Does that make MoP better? Begrudgingly, yes. Does that make either of the two good? Hell no!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post

I'm also not sure how anyone's avatar has anything to do with this.
    Avatar kinda shows someones taste - anime=fluffy bunnies in pandaria, also probably playing blood elf , dranei, NE or human female

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Everyone who thinks cata or mop was good are plain and simply wrong
    Because god forbid people for having different opinions than my own

most of you should differentiate between content/mechanics and art/style. i met a lot of people (including myself) that didnt like that pandaworld-asian-kiddy-style, but loved the various content (IoT, IoG, lions landing, solo sceanrio, scenarios, treasures, cms and so on) and the possibility to get valor points from everywhere, so you could progress through item upgrades and valor gear in different manners. you had choices. and that was great. so, when it comes down to content/mechanics MoP was a very very very good expansion. miles away from that crap that wod is. art and style of expansions are very dependent on everyones own feeling and thats a completelly other story...