Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[TV] The Last Man on Earth

Did anyone watch this last night?

A virus wipes out everyone on earth besides this man (The show is set two years after this). I don't think the show is going to discuss the virus etc at all though, it's just going to focus on him. It's a comedy and I thought the first episode was great, it's different that's for sure.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH is a new single-camera comedy about the life and adventures of the last man on earth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230454/

I haven't watched it yet, I've been struggling with it. The premise seems great but I just can't stand Will Forte.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I haven't watched it yet, I've been struggling with it. The premise seems great but I just can't stand Will Forte.
    Same here, thought the idea was great, interesting premise and to start it with him already being the last man is smart. But they put it up against TWD - whoops.

Meh, it doesn't seem interesting if there's no threat to him or Kristen Schaal. What, everyone just died? And he has access to all the supplies they left behind with no competition? He can live the rest of his life just moving from Walmart to Walmart.

Deleted
    you cant even imagine how boring and unhumorous it is

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought it was really good.

too bad its on fox, probably cancelled already.
    Hi

Finally watched it. Was surprised I enjoyed it so much. The most surprising thing was Will Forte was very funny and KRisten Schaal was incredibly annoying. This is usually the opposite view I have of the two comedians. In Schaal's defense though I think it was more of her character than the actress.

I have to agree with Eschatological though, I can't see this going on for very long without some external conflict.

Yeah, if the whole show is basically just an improv between Forte and Schaal, gg. At least Brooklyn 99 has a semblance of a story going on which Samberg can pump his energy and enthusiasm into, and I like that show a lot better than this for that reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well on IMDB it lists 3 more people that will be joining, for the rest of the season it seems. This could be flashbacks or in the current world, who knows they may conflict with each other.

Gave it a watch, laughed quite a bit.

Love the toilet pool.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched episode 4, and I think that's all I'll be able to take.

Too many 'improbable' scenarios, never mind ridiculous.

I don't see this show lasting very long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw it & hated it. I don't see this making the fall line-up at all. I'm putting time of death 4 episodes...if even that.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are comedy geniuses, and the first three episodes were hilarious. Bit skeptical with the fourth episode though, mostly because I can't bear embarrassing moments and the dumb way Phil acts with Melissa. Will probably get changed up soon enough though, the show has yet to get stagnant in a status quo. The preview for the next episode and IMDb makes it seem like another guy is going to show up, but considering the title of the show, that's seems strange to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The preview for the next episode and IMDb makes it seem like another guy is going to show up, but considering the title of the show, that's seems strange to me.
    Yeah I was sticking up for the show but it seems very odd to call it 'The Last Man on Earth' if after 4 episodes the title becomes redundant. It seems like another man is going to join them, which could be funny but it's starting to move away from what made the show unique.

I'll give it a chance but I'm not currently liking the direction it's heading in.

Im really annoyed he got rid of the beard.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Im really annoyed he got rid of the beard.
    As weird and petty as it is to say, I totally agree lol. He looks really odd without it and it suited him, especially for the role.

This show is awful. Absolutely awful. I watched the first two episodes back to back (because that's how they premiered) when I was without internet for a week and just had television and...I...wow, this show.

It's like Will Forte was like "Oh man, Andy Samberg got a hit show, I might be able to too!"

Damn, Phil acted like a moron in the newest episodes, but I did kinda buy his reasoning at the end, and it's a pretty crappy situation he's in. Hope he moves on after Melissa's rejection. Interestingly, it seems like one more woman is going to show up.

Props to the way Todd was presented before his proper introduction though, that was hilarious.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-03-23 at 10:06 PM.

The show's beginning to become too embarrassing for me to handle. Episode 7 was fine, but episode 8 was too much, couldn't watch it all the way. However, I still have hopes that the show will involve from this stage.

Also, to all the people who said the show would get cancelled quickly, it has just been renewed for a second season.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still need to watch the last 4 episodes, it really went downhill for me, not sure if it gets better.