Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    There's an option to only respec morphs?
    Yup! They added that sometime late last year I believe.

Cannot for the life of me find a good looking helmet to go with the Barbaric medium armour set, So i've opted for a cloth hood atm that fits really well. Still kinda wish the medium armour passive was 5/5 instead 7/7. Strangely though, the heavy armour passive is 5 or more, Not 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Cannot for the life of me find a good looking helmet to go with the Barbaric medium armour set
    Have you checked ESO Fashion? I don't know how many are aware of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Yup! They added that sometime late last year I believe.
    Awesome!
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Cannot for the life of me find a good looking helmet to go with the Barbaric medium armour set, So i've opted for a cloth hood atm that fits really well. Still kinda wish the medium armour passive was 5/5 instead 7/7. Strangely though, the heavy armour passive is 5 or more, Not 7.
    There's a hide helmet option in settings. I think it's the best helm for any set.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's a hide helmet option in settings. I think it's the best helm for any set.
    Plot armor (helmet) is the best armor.

Oh wait...we can completely respec now? I had always been told we were basically screwed if we picked wrong. I guess what people were trying to communicate is simply that once you've invested in a skill line you have to grind your way up another one since you wouldn't have leveled it?
    You can refund all of your skill points (not skill line level) for a pretty hefty sum (I did it once at level ~25 with 38 skill points and it was like 3k, it goes up for every skill point you have). You can just refund the morphs for a lesser amount. It does not have any effect on the actual skill level of the skill line, so you would have to grind a skill line up if you want to spend skill points in it if you had not previously leveled it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a sneak/light armor/archery focused character viable in this game? It's not a lock on style combat system for ranged is it? I also play a sneak archer in TES games and want to carry that into TESO. Are casters fun (DPS)?

Also, is playing in first person the ideal way to play? I tried the third person view in beta and found it pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    Is a sneak/light armor/archery focused character viable in this game? It's not a lock on style combat system for ranged is it? I also play a sneak archer in TES games and want to carry that into TESO. Are casters fun (DPS)?

Also, is playing in first person the ideal way to play? I tried the third person view in beta and found it pretty awful.
    First person is generally fine while questing or using ranged like bows during castle sieges, but once you get into things like dungeons, trials or big PVP battles, forget First person or you'll get wrecked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    A lot. I just switched completely when I logged on the other day. Not going full medium means you sacrifice pretty much all synergy in favor of gaining some armor, life, and not much else. If you used the stam morphs, you pretty much need to go all out medium armor now.

Tbh, I'm disappointed in the way abilities pigeonhole you into an armor choice. It's always been this way, but now it's even more static. I wanted to be a heavy armor dps as well, but it's just not a good idea for pure damage. Maybe it works in PvP, idk, but for PvE it's a huge waste.
    It's pretty disappointing for me too. I've played heavy-armor melee characters in Oblivion and Skyrim, but I feel forced into medium in ESO. I much prefer the aesthetics of plate over leather. :/

Everything is ok for leveling. Though, since bow skills rely on stamina, Not a bad idea to incorporate the passives from the medium armour.

I've played a Sorc caster up to Vet rank 2. It kills fast and has good survivable skills if paired with a resto staff on the 2nd weapon slot. As for fun, not that much. Well, depends on your view of fun. For me, mindlessly spamming forcepulse with medium attack weaving and the occasional lightning splash for single target got boring real quick. Though, Hopefully Spellcrafting arrives soon and that can probably make a non boring caster.

Can't comment on First person, as i generally dislike it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    First person is generally fine while questing or using ranged like bows during castle sieges, but once you get into things like dungeons, trials or big PVP battles, forget First person or you'll get wrecked.
    Damn. That's a deal breaker for me then, unfortunately. I hate playing TES in third person. It's ok in Skyrim (compared to Oblivion), but far from ideal. If it wasn't TES, I wouldn't have a problem with it though, so maybe I'm being unreasonable...
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2015-03-24 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It's pretty disappointing for me too. I've played heavy-armor melee characters in Oblivion and Skyrim, but I feel forced into medium in ESO. I much prefer the aesthetics of plate over leather. :/
    to be fair, oblivion's and skyrim's armor didn't have any benefits to combat directly. Some sets might have but overall it was just armor on them contributing to your perfomance.

I was running a heavy armor dps build at launch cause medium armor only provided crit and stam regen instead of raw damage (which hevy armor gave at 1% extra phys dmg per piece and another 1% per piece with another buff) shame they got rid of that and made heavy armor pure tanky.

edit: yeah they turned juggernaut into health instead of weapon damage.

And they made medium armor's agility do the % dmg thing thus making medium armor the go to melee damage set as well as the only thing for any 'stealth' build that was serious.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2015-03-24 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. That's a deal breaker for me then, unfortunately. I hate playing TES in third person. It's ok in Skyrim (compared to Oblivion), but far from ideal. If it wasn't TES, I wouldn't have a problem with it though, so maybe I'm being unreasonable...
    It's not that it's impossible to play in first person, you just have to be waaaaaaaay more aware of your surroundings than in 3rd person. There's a number of ground prompts from mob abilities that can be hard to spot in first person mode. I generally play in first person unless I'm doing group content which I don't want to mess up for other people.

Hey guys, since the OP of this thread hasn't been updated in ages and isn't going to be, a new megathread has been created. So feel free to move the discussion there

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...riel-Unlimited