Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    St Patrick's Day was gold, how smashed were you lol
    yeah, was a good time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Pst Drye, your sig says Dryelulz for tweets, but it's dryeqt
    ooops, fixed!

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10/10. I saw someone mention your Twitter here and then when I hopped on Twitter moments later I noticed it haha
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest thread, discussing the important matters

I have an item question, currently I'm sitting on 16,53% crit (armory value). I recently picked up the blackhand normal staff. Now according to Drye's stat priorities, my current one (which has no crit) is better for AS, but I can't shake the gut feeling that I need the crit.
    Thoughts?

The one with crit, as long as there's not a huge (or any) difference in intellect, should be better for AS.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    In general, you want to go for crit over non crit, but higher ilvl non crit items can be better. Simcraft works out exact stat weights for every stat for a reason, so you can add up everything and see what works out as a higher score. As a general rule of thumb for AS, go for the crit gear unless it is >10 ilvl lower than the non-crit, piece, but it also depends on what secondaries it actually has; for example, mythic kargath offhand (crit/haste) is better than mythic oregorger offhand (versa/mastery) because the secondaries on it are so much worse that the extra amount of them (and int) does not make up for the more valuable crit/haste.

Yo, what happened to Drye's forums over at H2P? Getting a permissions error when trying to view it now. Is there a new forum?

Old Forum: howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6291

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chizow View Post
    Yo, what happened to Drye's forums over at H2P? Getting a permissions error when trying to view it now. Is there a new forum?

The sites working fine for me

something something illuminati something something

...but really, I believe Drye said he didn't want to keep his guide updated so the mod crew moved it to a private forum while the community (sic?) works on a guide which will stay updated. I'd suspect it'll be back soon enough. In the meantime, based Yvaelle wrote a pretty decent guide on these forums which answers a lot of the basic "how i shot web" Shadow questions.

What I posted on h2p:

Quote Originally Posted by Drye
    Now that I'm not at work and can actually write something. I originally had a lot of passion to write the guide at the start of Warlords. We needed to do it and we didn't want someone else who we didn't know to write one. So I did it. A few weeks after writing the guide and dealing with moving into a new apartment, raiding and just my social life, I realized I had too much on my plate and got overwhelmed and the little time I did have to myself, I didn't want to put into the guide. I lost all ambition I had for it and any passion to get it to the point I actually would of liked. I really haven't wanted to do anything with it since. I had no want to update it or keep it update. I've lost a lot of interest with writing it.

I originally thought that I could deal with all the PM's, whispers in game and just basic simple questions being asked on the daily. I was wrong. I don't want to write a guide for h2p anymore. So, twin closed the thread and then the what to do thread popped up. It was asked if someone could copy my work and use it in the new guide. I put a lot of work into that guide and frankly don't want others to take the credit for it. The guide was then moved to the mod forums. I have no problem with the questions and work people put into the work being put back on the forums. It's all your work, not mine. But since it was moved to the mod forums, those forums were recently closed so idk where it even went.

So this is where I'm at:

I will not maintain a guide on h2p, I frankly just don't want to deal with it anymore.

I'm really burnt out on this community as a whole and it's probably for the better for and for everyone if I take a step back. I'll probably still post on here helping people out, I just wont be keeping a guide up.

There's no point in having a half assed guide where the maker doesn't have the passion or care to make it what it should be.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    What I posted on h2p:
    Your guide thread was just a snapshot of the inane BS you probably dealt with on the daily. Makes sense.

Deleted
    I think there are a lot of knowledgeable and talented Shadow Priests out there who wouldn't mind helping the community if there was one that was welcoming of new content and encouraged it. Just look at Kilee's guide he just posted. It's not like he wrote it today but he has had it available for a while but never posted it. I also have a draft on my computer for a guide about Shadow which I never posted too. I also had a lot of ideas for my guide but I never shared them. Nothing against Drye and his guide but him removing it could be good for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think there are a lot of knowledgeable and talented Shadow Priests out there who wouldn't mind helping the community if there was one that was welcoming of new content and encouraged it. Just look at Kilee's guide he just posted. It's not like he wrote it today but he has had it available for a while but never posted it. I also have a draft on my computer for a guide about Shadow which I never posted too. I also had a lot of ideas for my guide but I never shared them. Nothing against Drye and his guide but him removing it could be good for the community.
    Mind posting the link for Kilee's new one? My google search just turns up all his older guides.

Deleted
    Mind posting the link for Kilee's new one? My google search just turns up all his older guides.
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7355

Is the 4 set any good for AS? I am having an issue where my gear isn't itemized well and breaking the 4p would give me like 7% more crit. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickbaak View Post
    Is the 4 set any good for AS? I am having an issue where my gear isn't itemized well and breaking the 4p would give me like 7% more crit. Thoughts?
    4-set is really good for AS because the MB CD is quite long without it and you use DP a lot.

The 4pc is VERY good for AS. Maintaining a high uptime on it is a big part of playing the spec well. You will want to maintain the set bonus if you can, though of course it always depends on the actual gear choices in question; it's not impossible that huge upgrades would make breaking it a better choice, though rarely (like say normal mode tier vs. mythic warforged off-tier or something).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The 4pc is VERY good for AS. Maintaining a high uptime on it is a big part of playing the spec well. You will want to maintain the set bonus if you can, though of course it always depends on the actual gear choices in question; it's not impossible that huge upgrades would make breaking it a better choice, though rarely (like say normal mode tier vs. mythic warforged off-tier or something).
    Ops, I mixed up 4-set and 2-set.

Deleted
    Hey!

How do you guys go about Gruul mythic? We've only had about 7 pulls on him, and I suspect he'll die soon anyway as he is quite the joke after the nerfs, but I feel pretty lost on him. The thing is, I want to play COP as I don't like the randomness of AS on singletarget fights. With my COP gear (18% and around 72% mastery) I'm having all kinds of issues at the beginning of the fight. The thing is, I have the beastlord mythic trinket which procs more or less as we hero. That means that while I do get to cast one less Mind Spike per MB, I still break GCD quite badly and it feels really meh in terms of DPS anyway. Whats more, the first petrify always hits right when you are about to reapply DP during the first weaving which also seems to plummet my dps.

We've had one 28% ish attempt (the last of the night ><) and I was around 35k ish, but I feel like I should be pulling much more, and I really do contribute my rather poor opening to it.

I cannot provide you with logs right now, sorry, but I reckon that I'm not the only one running into this particular issue.

Also, sorry if this has been discussed already... Quite a few pages to browse through ><

You can try convincing your guild to reset the boss so you can bank Orbs for the opener (use the Mind Harvest glyph, then switch it out). Other classes may want to do similar things so maybe they'll let you.

If you start with Orbs, you can shift the timing of your DoT-Weave cycles to a more opportune time, and dodge fight mechanics that would interfere. I do something similar on Blackhand occasionally, to avoid being in the middle of a cycle during Demolition.

In general though a purely ST fight like Gruul is probably where SPs are worst at the moment. Don't freak if you're low on the meters, particularly on tries that don't get into execute.

Speaking of which, you may want to consider using Power Infusion over Twist of Fate while you're learning the encounter (see the last few pages for a discussion on that).