Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Whats the green room map addon?
    OregorgerTracker

Quote Originally Posted by Crosshairs View Post
    Would you be willing to list the addons you have with your UI? I'm interested in the one you have of the quest objectives tracker that gets rid of the stupid oversized textures that Blizzard forces onto you.
    Here's a list of everything.

The objectives tracker is SorhaQuestLog.

Quote Originally Posted by Odylle View Post
    Hi all

Im playing around with multiple UI's to see how things are done.
    Arborus' concept looks very interesting and I had been thinking of making something similar.

Im just wondering if I should use oUF for unitframes or if Weakauras will do and would want some advise.

This is my current concept, influenced by minimalism and ElvUI's quality of living, feel free to comment..

I like this a lot, love the rep and exp bars on the bottom??

Im a visual guy so i would almost want to see those type of bars for your HP/MP, but thats just opinion. Would like to see combat with it for debuffs tracking cast bars ya know.. combat

Tryin something complete random. so frames so far. Not sure if i like them tho.. mind twisted, might look bland like this but possibly become quite good if i can manage to match an entire ui to it

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

It reminds me a lot of Muqq's UI from back in the day.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    It reminds me a lot of Muqq's UI from back in the day.
    Had to google.. na you really think? hmm might have to change it up a bit then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

this forum.
    im addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Had to google.. na you really think? hmm might have to change it up a bit then!
    I recreated Muqq's UI a couple days ago for fun, so I saw a similarity immediately :P
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

@Odylle - I really like the graphics used in your footer and the status of your exp/rep bars. Any chance of an upload?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Solo combat:
    i.imgur.com/NOqsWYh.jpg

In group:
    i.imgur.com/ot1sOoN.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    I like this a lot, love the rep and exp bars on the bottom??

Im a visual guy so i would almost want to see those type of bars for your HP/MP, but thats just opinion. Would like to see combat with it for debuffs tracking cast bars ya know.. combat
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    @Odylle - I really like the graphics used in your footer and the status of your exp/rep bars. Any chance of an upload?
    It is conceptual now, meaning, it is pretty much photoshopped together.
    The bottombar, graphic for rep /exp are fairly easy to export and fashion together. Technically you just need background, a weakaura than an overlay, I have tested that before and it works.
    I'm having lots of time this weekend and am planning to make this in a UI, so that would also cover castbar, buff & debuff auras..

I'll play around with the graphics and zip them up than..

Stay tuned! :P

(Still noone answered/advised my question regarding unitframes. oUF or Weakauras?)

I don't think it particularly matters if you're sticking with text based frames, but I'd stick to using an actual unitframe addon/framework over WA (whether it's pitbull, stuf, oUF, etc.). Things like right click menus, raid icons, etc. aren't as easily accomplished in WA and are pretty simple to accomplish in oUF.

As far as the rep/exp textures - if that's just an overlay I'm a little sad. I had half hoped that it functioned similar to what Rothgar and Coldkil were working on a while ago (using spaces and ascii characters to emulate textures giving accurate % based values). I assume the same is possible if you were to simply make each section an individual aura and the bar only fills up say 10% at a time, but that's a little more intense than I'd hope to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    I don't think it particularly matters if you're sticking with text based frames, but I'd stick to using an actual unitframe addon/framework over WA (whether it's pitbull, stuf, oUF, etc.). Things like right click menus, raid icons, etc. aren't as easily accomplished in WA and are pretty simple to accomplish in oUF.
    I'm thinking of just using transparent pitbull behind it to make that all work, but might see if I can achieve everything with oUF, so only need 1 addon, that is dedicated to Unitframes.

As far as the rep/exp textures - if that's just an overlay I'm a little sad. I had half hoped that it functioned similar to what Rothgar and Coldkil were working on a while ago (using spaces and ascii characters to emulate textures giving accurate % based values). I assume the same is possible if you were to simply make each section an individual aura and the bar only fills up say 10% at a time, but that's a little more intense than I'd hope to do.
    Sorry to have saddened you
    Does it need to be 100% accurate? In the last 10 years I've never so much cared how accurate it is, as long as I can have a general impression of the progress. Mouseover would show accurate exp/rep status?
    What are you looking for exactly?

Here's a unitframe concept I worked on a bit today. Prolly be playing around with it a bit more over the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Odylle View Post
    Hi all

Im playing around with multiple UI's to see how things are done.
    Arborus' concept looks very interesting and I had been thinking of making something similar.

Im just wondering if I should use oUF for unitframes or if Weakauras will do and would want some advise.
    WeakAuras isn't suited IMO to stuff you have to interact with.
    Best left to informational stuff.
    Gets messy with the custom code required, where you may as well have a dedicated addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    A new UI that I've been playing around with

http://i.imgur.com/m0cnTmY.jpg?1

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooqie View Post

Nice, clean and simple...
    Can you however consider using the same font and bartextures? That would make things a lot cleaner

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooqie View Post

Simple and nice.
    I guess you couldn't have waited 1 min for a combat shot?

Deleted
    Yes, like your UI allot, been trying to make something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post

Here's a unitframe concept I worked on a bit today. Prolly be playing around with it a bit more over the next week or so.
    I like it a lot. The texture and colours make it look really old, and the left side is fairly techno ish. Although it is kinda big for the amount of info it shows... maybe you could embed some weakauras stuff on top of some of the metal parts to get better mileage out of the space?