Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Indeed, how come you're a deserter if you get kicked? Seems to me like someone at Blizzard should check a dictionary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    You can kick a player if they've been kicked many times before, right away.

IIRC.
    Actually, quite the opposite..

The more you have been kicked, the longer it takes, before you can be kicked..
    Just look at all those "That player cannot be kicked for 4 hours" you meet in LFR.. That's because they get kicked all the time...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Actually, quite the opposite..

The more you have been kicked, the longer it takes, before you can be kicked..
    Just look at all those "That player cannot be kicked for 4 hours" you meet in LFR.. That's because they get kicked all the time...
    Always thought that was because we'd just kicked 15 others, and the timer grew.

My bet is that you got kicked from a 4man premade group, trolling and thinking they where quite fun. Seen some of those.
    In my opinion, one should not get deserter if he got kicked within the first few minutes of an instance, just makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I just had a weird experience: I joined a random dungeon on my level 87 hunter; less than one minute into the dungeon, as the tank moves in for the first pull, I get 'removed from the group' and I obtain the 'Dungeon Deserter' debuff.
    First of all, it used to be that you couldn't vote to kick players within the first minutes of the dungeon; I guess that changed.
    Secondly, how comes you get the 'Dungeon Deserter' for being removed? That's a contradiction in terms.

Here's a discussion on the same topic: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4032700?page=1

I guess the issue must have been discussed already on this forum as well. Well, sorry if I'm late. Anyway, I think it's one of the most retarded rules that I have ever seen in a videogame: in order to punish people who would sit at the entrance and ask for being kicked, they implemented a rule that can easily be abused with no other restriction than having three persons agreeing on the abuse (wow, as if that's unlikely to happen). I am surprised.

Voice your opinion.
    You got kicked, most likely for a reason, so the deserter debuff is most likely deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garregish View Post
    And there there are "Alts". I play dps, tank and heals, and I keep a list of ignorant people that I do not want in my groups while tanking or healing. If I see a user in a group that is on my no play list, I do a vote to kick. Either they go or the group can wait 40 minutes for another tank or healer.
    That's retarded really. The ignore list is there for a reason, to never see them again in randoms, not to waste their time or the group's time with your nonsense.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    In my opinion, one should not get deserter if he got kicked within the first few minutes of an instance, just makes no sense.
    No, it makes complete sense.

Remember times when there was no deserter debuff for getting kicked? Players who didn't like dungeon would just go afk at start of dungeon and demanded other players to kick them. Usually it was tank or healer in Occulus. Other players had to waste their votekick or wait 5 minutes. If they votekicked that player, they couldn't votekick anyone else during that run. If they couldn't kick that player because he was kicked too often, they were forced to wait 5 minutes doing nothing. It was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably you accidentally had your pet on taunt, and rather than just ask politely for you to turn it off, the tank getting irritated at losing threat initiated the vote to kick and the others in the group being sheep just clicked yes because that's what they always do.

Gear score too low !

There is an auto kick addon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    I vote kick people without full heirlooms. I'm not getting paid to carry people.
    This.
    You must have less hp than the healer or tank.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2015-03-29 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    N-N-N-N-NECRO

I spent 12~15 minutes in que, as healer, in que for Crown Chemical Co. My net decided to be a raging dick and DC the second I zoned into Shadowfang. I came back in less than a minute, only to find I was kicked, and with a Deserter Debuff. It's late. I don't have a large time window right now and gotta get this daily done if I want the fucking 250 token goddamn bird. I think Blizz needs to add more restrictions to kicking people, because this is enraging.
    If you knew your internets were going to kick you off ... maybe you should have started the daily earlier so you had a larger "time window"?

If you aren't participating in an instance then you have every reason to expect you will shortly be back in the world with a deserter debuff.

Also, there are circumstances under which the game itself will kick DCed players, and as far as I know, they get the deserter debuff if it was "deserved" just as if they were kicked by humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Remember times when there was no deserter debuff for getting kicked? Players who didn't like dungeon would just go afk at start of dungeon and demanded other players to kick them. Usually it was tank or healer in Occulus. Other players had to waste their votekick or wait 5 minutes. If they votekicked that player, they couldn't votekick anyone else during that run. If they couldn't kick that player because he was kicked too often, they were forced to wait 5 minutes doing nothing. It was terrible.
    Votekicks weren't nearly that restrictive during Wrath.

It was during the era of "dungeons are hard" from 4.0.3 through 4.1 that Blizzard put the major restrictions on vote kicking into 5-mans, because, well, 3-4 man guild groups found it convenient to kick pretty much everyone that didn't promptly start sucking guild cock, and the system let them do just that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it makes complete sense.

My friends and I once out-waited a healer in Occulus because he refused to heal, he was the leader so we couldn't re-queue, we'd just used our one kick on his elitist ass tank friend, and we refused to leave. What was the problem? We were three fresh 80s and they were H ICC 25 and wanted the dungeon to be done faster than fresh 80s could get it done. His reasoning? "I'm the healer and that means I am better than you, now leave so I can get a new group."

Forty-five minutes later, he caved and queued us up without so much as another word to us.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    You got kicked, and there is a .1% chance it was for some incomprehensible reason, and a 99.9% chance it was for a perfectly understandable reason.

You got the deserter debuff, because getting kicked = leaving the instance. If that weren't the case there would be numerous cases of tanks sitting around requesting to be kicked.

Absolutely no one, ever, gets kicked from a leveling instance for just quietly being there. I wonder if you will share the actual reason you got kicked with us, or just continue to complain about the system that worked correctly.

Also, these three people who have to agree, at least one of them has to be a complete stranger to the other two. A group of three people queuing together can't kick another party member -- that case requires four votes.
    Why do you have to be such an ass? If he was kicked within the first few minutes he probably didnt say anything, he didnt even get a chance to DPS so how can you say there was a good reason? Its hardly given someone a chance is it?

It was probably a group of friends who wanted to make space for another friend or guildie. Or they have a thing against Hunters like alot of people do. Both are terrible reasons to kick someone. Have some consideration before you jump to conclusions

Aside from the necro, what happened to the OP was not being kicked.. It was a bug with the game and it randomly kicks a player (sometimes all players) and gives them deserter debuff. If you get kicked properly you don't get a deserter debuff, I've been in a group of friends and had it happen to me, and I've seen it happened to others.

Nobody getting vote kicked in those situations and it was probably the same for the OP.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If you get kicked properly you don't get a deserter debuff
    Yep, you do. It acts exactly the same as if you left instance on your own.

But there are some exceptions when player does not get deserted debuff for being kicked or for leaving. From my experience there is no deserter debuff for leaving/kicking if there is at least one boss dead, 5 mins have passed since start of instance or someone else already left or got kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, you do. It acts exactly the same as if you left instance on your own.

But there are some exceptions when player does not get deserted debuff for being kicked or for leaving. From my experience there is no deserter debuff for leaving/kicking if there is at least one boss dead, 5 mins have passed since start of instance or someone else already left or got kicked.
    Not true..

Less than 2 weeks ago, everyone started to leave group, after a wipe in a 5man, and even through I was last man standing (as in all 4 others had left the group) I got deserter debuff, when I left..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you got kicked, you were being useless, rude or somehow annoying and got kicked. I think people that get kicked should have longer and more severe lockouts to discourage bad behaviour but as it is it works well enough.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    So I'm inclined to say OP is not lying, and there's a problem with the current system.
    Yeah, like waiting for at least 10 Minutes to kick someone that is annoying the whole group.

I ran a LOT of dungeons over the years and I witnessed about 3 times a group of idiots that queued together kicking someone because they could. But I have witnessed about every 20th - 25th Dungeon I queued into I wanted to kickvote someone that was trying to get the group killed and/or was an ass to everybody else but we couldnt because Blizz said no.

Yes, it was changed early Cataclysm. You will also get a deserter debuff if you are being kicked in the first minutes.

I often used it before if it was a longer dungeon and I only wanted the healer/tank satchel. If you leave the dungeon you always can be kicked if you stay more than 60s out of the dungeon - but I was not aware that now you can kick someone right at the start of the dungeon (as long as he stays in the dungeon).

Perhaps the group was already standing there for half a day and took delight in kicking newly joined players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Probably you accidentally had your pet on taunt, and rather than just ask politely for you to turn it off, the tank getting irritated at losing threat initiated the vote to kick and the others in the group being sheep just clicked yes because that's what they always do.
    That is what should be happening though. If a hunter is kicked for this, he is more prone to remember to turn the taunt off next time.

Deleted
    Yup, as a tank completeyl agreed. at that level you should have learnt to switch growl off by now.

Just kicked a hunter for showing up in full leather looms at 91. Not sure what he was thinking

I still get kicked from random dungeon groups out of nowhere, nowadays like the only people i see do like 6k dps ( i dont know how they completed proving grounds) So when we die because im doing 60% of the damage they get really mad when i point it out.