Thumbs up Yet Another HC BF Thread

Yo guys,

So my guild progressed on to HC BRF last week and we struggled big time with P2. Considering as a guild we usually have pretty good dps for some reason we just cannot get the elementalists down in 1 go.

Here are the logs from the night : warcraftlogs.com/reports/VJHvWzbhBjmpLFyN

Any advice would be great as we will be hitting it again Monday and it would be lush to get it down!

Cheers

people just aren't using cds on them, or going into them as well as they could.

bit.ly/ 1aSH0xs

Generally people have dps save burst cds for the 1st/3rd elementalist use dps potions on the third, and lust on the 4th (with the remaining time on lust clean up firecallers/security guards)

It looks like people are using potions and some cds on the first one, which is probably overkill. Ensure that everyone is popping cds only on the elementalists I see cds being used before trinkets etc, people should make sure to have full rage/energy/focus before hand so they can go all out on it.

IF your healers can afford it try having some healers pop raid cds, while 1-2 of them help dps the elementalist that can maybe be the little edge you need.

The shadowfiend alone can do alot if your priest makes sure to pop that on them(your priest used it on the foreman during the elementalitst and it did about 100k damage you guys missed it by 1.44 mil and the fiend alone did 100k to the wrong target) Like i bet your shaman can drop a healing tide totem your paladin devo the blast and pop wings and go ham. I'm sure the priest could affording some smites/holy fire on it those heal a little anyways, resto shamans can do mad burst with a glyph that makes their lavaburst do like a lot of damage and stuff.

your dk should make sure his pet is ready to transform for the elementalist i saw him using it before and it was gone too early, and make sure everyone is targeting it and hitting buttons as soon as the slag hits 0 hp so they're ready to burst.

Make sure to kill firecallers in between each elementalist, and don't let more than 3-4 security guards be alive at once.

mark had the foreman targeted for 10 full seconds after the shield was down, you can watch the replay to see what people did, kill the foreman before you work on the slags imo.

When you missed that first slag he healed back up 3 times with no dispel to full hp, you need to dispel them always, your shaman even resto shaman especially should be watching that.

people let casts finish on the foreman and such like the mage got a full pyroblast in it after the shield was down, what people need to do is as soon as the slag hits 0 hp target the elementalist and be casting already ready to do full dps!

This is a control fight more than anything else, its about running bombs asap into heat regulators to get out of p1 quickly, then nuke all the adds before you start on the slags (this includes foreman he should be dead before then) I see you are tnaking the guards on the elementalist, i really suggest tanking them off to the side so they don't drop shields near the firecallers/slags that need to die. so kill the foreman, then kill the slag as soon as it hits 0 or close to all dps target the primal elementalist and pre cast so their casts land as soon as the shield is down, when you kill one you should focus dps on firecallers (tank them on the slag/elementalist at all times and cleave them down when not on an elementalist, even when you're working on the slag be cleaving down firecallers this fights about not letting adds overrun you) again use ALL personal dps cds on the first one, on the 2nd one everyone use dps potions (healers help if needed) third one 2 min cds should be back up use them again, and on the 4th one lust and use any remaining cds. With the rest of lust clean up ALL firecallers/guards, slags can be ignored at this point hitting them is only padding (unless your class gains single target dps by rolling dots on mobs)

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    This is a control fight more than anything else, its about running bombs asap into heat regulators to get out of p1 quickly, then nuke all the adds before you start on the slags (this includes foreman he should be dead before then)
    Eh. We had foreman up well into P2. I don't think there's any reason to waste time focusing him down. He will just slowly fade away to cleaves in P2 and doesn't do anything worth getting upset about. Just interrupt Pyroclasm if you can and let him die to cleave damage. I wouldn't waste time focusing him.

Regarding the foreman , if you have good dps he should be either dead or dying as p2 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    Regarding the foreman , if you have good dps he should be either dead or dying as p2 starts.
    Regarding this post, it's complete nonsense. Go to Warcraftlogs and watch top Execution fight replays. Watch 10, 20, 30, 50 if you want. None of them kill Feldspar anywhere near the P1-2 transition point.

If Feldspar is dying this early, you're focusing on him too much or too many people in your raid are spec'd for AoE when they should not be.

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    My group kills him in P2 everytime, probably because our "good dps" are doing what "good dps" do and single targeting the priority adds in P1 (Bellows > engineer > guard > feldspar) instead of wasting damage on someone who is never that threatening and very easy to kill off at the start of P2.

OT: Make sure you are regularly swapping between firecallers and elementalists (should be firecallers then elemental then elementalist then firecallers then elemental then elementalist, rinse repeat) and that all your DPS are specced SINGLE TARGET and not AOE. This is not an AOE fight, don't let anyone tell you different.

Cheers for the replies! Take BF on tonight so hopefully all goes well!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    If Feldspar is dying this early, you're focusing on him too much or too many people in your raid are spec'd for AoE when they should not be.
    OR your dps are just good at playing their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay Safe View Post
    No one progressing on this fight is killing him that early, even with the ilvl bump, just as no one who progressed on this fight in the first week or two it was released was killing him at the start of P2. People who overgear and are experienced in the fight can certainly do that, but that's not relevant to people who are working on progression.

How is it being "good at your class" to focus DPS on the wrong target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    How is it being "good at your class" to focus DPS on the wrong target?
    Not sure what you're referring to but we still went into phase 2 with ~30 heat with foreman dying on our first kill on each difficulty so whatever accusation you're attempting to pursue on me isn't justified.

Not sure what you're referring to but we still went into phase 2 with ~30 heat with foreman dying on our first kill on each difficulty so whatever accusation you're attempting to pursue on me isn't justified.
    This. It's almost like there's more than one way to beat the boss!

Strong DPS but having trouble keeping tanks alive during p1 > p2 transition? Blow lust early and kill everything including feldspar. Strong tanking and heals but DPS are somewhat lacking? Get through p1 ASAP and spend additional time in p2 cleaning up adds, save lust for elementalists or p3. Part of progression raiding is recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of your guild and adjusting your strategy as needed. Just because "x guild does it this way" doesn't mean its the only viable strat.