10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    That said, lot's of people have said and mean what you joked about.
    If there is no content out there, the whole flying vs no flying debate becomes a rather moot point, because the open world might as well not exist at all to a lv 100 player.

So for now: we need them to fix the content issue first. When people are actually leaving their Garrison and DO stuff out there beyond: "take afk FP to Apex loc -> kill mobs for 10 minutes -> hearth back" that's when they will get fed up with the constant waste of time of ground mounts and start harassing Blizzard to put flight back in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If there is no content out there, the whole flying vs no flying debate becomes a rather moot point, because the open world might as well not exist at all to a lv 100 player.

So for now: we need them to fix the content issue first. When people are actually leaving their Garrison and DO stuff out there beyond: "take afk FP to Apex loc -> kill mobs for 10 minutes -> hearth back" that's when they will get fed up with the constant waste of time of ground mounts and start harassing Blizzard to put flight back in.
    Well yeah, they need to fix the content. By why does flying have to wait? Why is it's reinstatement hinged on open world content being a thing? Turning flight on should be as easy as flipping a switch. Whereas developing content seems to be a painful and drawn out process for Blizzard. I would rather have flight and eventually get content out in the world then probably never get content and in return never get flight in Draenor since Blizzard just didn't make content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    By why does flying have to wait? Why is it's reinstatement hinged on open world content being a thing?
    Simple: right now the community is still split 50/50 on the no fly thing.
    So whatever they decide, it doesn't matter.

They need to shift that into one direction to get a clear picture.

Deleted
    Simple: right now the community is still split 50/50 on the no fly thing.
    So whatever they decide, it doesn't matter.

They need to shift that into one direction to get a clear picture.
    Except, it's not. The official forums basically show a landslide victory for pro flight in any and every thread with anyone being anti flight getting possibly hundreds of down votes in short order. You take MMO-Champion, one of the sides filled to the brim with Blizzard fanboys and white knights that barely breaks even, a side that defends 14 months of SoO as a "good thing" and even now tries to sell you WoD as the best thing since sliced bread and merely "underappreciated" and proclaim that a poll on such a side somehow means an even split in the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can't participate in the official forums, so I don't really follow them at all.
    Interesting to see that it changed though.

Deleted
    Yeah, used to be more anti flight on the EU forums and pro flight on the US all along. By now the EU forums have turned around quite a bit, hell even a lot of streamers/youtubers who were initially in favour of no flight or thought we should give it a chance have backed away from it. Most of the people who still support it don't do so because they really think it's positive for the game, their arguments alone "why should we have it" nowadays show that much but merely support it because it's a Blizzard decision. I.e they'd support pretty much anything Blizzard would do.

B/c there is hardly any reason to leave your Garrison anyway.
    I would honestly do archaeology if I could fly. Since it so damn boring with a ground mount. Having to go around a hill 5 times is not fun or fine.

Ironically I would do archaeology to have pretty things to look at while sitting in my garrison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yeah, used to be more anti flight on the EU forums and pro flight on the US all along. By now the EU forums have turned around quite a bit, hell even a lot of streamers/youtubers who were initially in favour of no flight or thought we should give it a chance have backed away from it. Most of the people who still support it don't do so because they really think it's positive for the game, their arguments alone "why should we have it" nowadays show that much but merely support it because it's a Blizzard decision. I.e they'd support pretty much anything Blizzard would do.
    I don't think it's even about that, I think some people are so shitty that they actually enjoy the frustration and annoyance no flying is still causing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I would honestly do archaeology if I could fly.
    I've yet to do arch for the title in pandaria.
    Problem is the process of arch is so... sooo unfun... even more unfun than petbattles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly do archaeology if I could fly. Since it so damn boring with a ground mount. Having to go around a hill 5 times is not fun or fine.

Ironically I would do archaeology to have pretty things to look at while sitting in my garrison.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's even about that, I think some people are so shitty that they actually enjoy the frustration and annoyance no flying is still causing.
    Its funny because its true. Most WoW players are pretty damn terrible at MMOs and videogames in general. The amount of terrible players I've met in game over 10 years was staggering. Clickers, clickers everywhere!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Its funny because its true. Most WoW players are pretty damn terrible at MMOs and videogames in general. The amount of terrible players I've met in game over 10 years was staggering. Clickers, clickers everywhere!
    Just because my aiming sucks and I get killed by novice bots in UT doesn't give you the right to make fun of me! :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because my aiming sucks and I get killed by novice bots in UT doesn't give you the right to make fun of me! :<
    Wasn't pointing fingers here or at you! :P Plus UT is a different story altogether!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The change of attitude by EU players and EU streamers was eye opening. I have a theory why a lot of the EU players were okay with no flying when first announced aka spending more time traveling. If you are in a colder climate you are more likely to spend more time in game during the winter as you are indoors anyways.

This explains why a lot of players from the Scandinavian countries or northern part of North America are very supportive of no flying idea. However, players that play in warmer climates during the winter or even south of the hemisphere during the northern hemisphere's winter don't see the addition time used traveling around as worthwhile.

No flying isn't going to hold the mustered with the coming summer for the northern hemisphere. Just my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The change of attitude by EU players and EU streamers was eye opening. I have a theory why a lot of the EU players were okay with no flying when first announced aka spending more time traveling. If you are in a colder climate you are more likely to spend more time in game during the winter as you are indoors anyways.

This explains why a lot of players from the Scandinavian countries or northern part of North America are very supportive of no flying idea. However, players that play in warmer climates during the winter or even south of the hemisphere during the northern hemisphere's winter don't see the addition time used traveling around as worthwhile.

No flying isn't going to hold the mustered with the coming summer for the northern hemisphere. Just my prediction.
    Actually it's more simple than that. The EU players are dumber. And I'm saying that as an EU player. If they were unable to foresee this happening, even if what's happening now was predicted by anyone with a rational mind, then the conclusion is they are dumb. And they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's called the whining minority, people that are happy with how it is are less likely to participate in such threads.
    Kind of like the anti-flying crowd was before WOD.

Deleted
    No flight was one of the few things I enjoy about WoD, going forward I think they should have given a mage tower to every garrison and not made it a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's called the whining minority, people that are happy with how it is are less likely to participate in such threads.
    The squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease.

There is a reason why Rogues don't receive changes to make the class more fun. Not enough people voicing feedback. Lets compare that to Rets and Hunters which these respective communities posted constant feedback in WotLK and Cata.

Reality is constant feedback is what Blizzard wants. That is why flying threads will continue popping up on the official forums. The CRZ threads were very polarizing as well but most people adapted with CRZ.

It is hard to adapt with no flying mounts as that is a global nerf you are reminded of every time you step out of your garrison.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it's more simple than that. The EU players are dumber. And I'm saying that as an EU player. If they were unable to foresee this happening, even if what's happening now was predicted by anyone with a rational mind, then the conclusion is they are dumb. And they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of like the anti-flying crowd was before WOD.
    I disagree that EU players lack intelligence. The WoD beta showed that lack of flying wasn't something people were enthusiastic about as the world was dead and that was in the middle of the summer.

All indications show 6.2 is launching in the summer and it isn't going to bring more content that people find relevant. More raid content? The problem is that we are over saturated with raid content currently. Piling on is going to add to burnout and fatigue of the already stretched guilds scrambling to fill out rosters for 20 man raiding.

No flying can't work with the backbone of WoW and how it is designed. You would have to strip out the archaic flight path system and change everything to make a dynamic world like Rift, Guild Wars, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, we heard.

This amounted to a few jumping puzzles in 6.0 + 6.1 and it seems this amounts to nothing in 6.2, just in case.

I suppose we should wait for 6.3, right?
    I'll grace you with an answer that is as dumb as your logic: If you like flying that much, there are 4 whole expansions (including the old world) for you to fly in as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkas View Post
    I'll grace you with an answer that is as dumb as your logic: If you like flying that much, there are 4 whole expansions (including the old world) for you to fly in as much as you want.
    Blizzard makes the bulk of their money with expansions and services. What is the motivation to buy new expansions if they go through with what you suggest? Sub money at this point is a bonus for Blizz.

LOL, people are still whining, talking and wasting their time arguing about no flying?

Accept reality already, NO FLYING FROM NOW ON IN CURRENT AND FUTURE EXPANSIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Except, it's not. The official forums basically show a landslide victory for pro flight in any and every thread with anyone being anti flight getting possibly hundreds of down votes in short order. You take MMO-Champion, one of the sides filled to the brim with Blizzard fanboys and white knights that barely breaks even, a side that defends 14 months of SoO as a "good thing" and even now tries to sell you WoD as the best thing since sliced bread and merely "underappreciated" and proclaim that a poll on such a side somehow means an even split in the community.
    If there was such an overwhelming majority that wanted flight back, Blizzard would be the first to know and be in a hurry to change it. Citing forum posts and MMO-C polls doesn't give any clear picture other than certain minority of people want it. Yes, it may be a surprise to you but the majority of WoW's playerbase doesn't frequent forums or participate in polls.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If there was such an overwhelming majority that wanted flight back, Blizzard would be the first to know and be in a hurry to change it. Citing forum posts and MMO-C polls doesn't give any clear picture other than certain minority of people want it. Yes, it may be a surprise to you but the majority of WoW's playerbase doesn't frequent forums or participate in polls.
    No, they don't. The forum goers however usually are part of the more hardcore branch of players, if even those on both the official forums are pretty much united in favour of it, including even a lot of people who used to be against it it shows a clear trend. And no, even if every single last player would want it back and they think they could possible withold it thus reduce their workload in future expansions and generate more income solely by having to invest less they would do it.

Honestly, most people left arguing against it just do it because they support Blizzard no matter what, actively take pleasure in annoying others or because it doesn't affect them as they barely even play the game.