Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Rumor] Twilight Princess 3DS remake?

There have been rumors going around that Nintendo may be porting The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess to the 3DS. Here's a bit more proof:

10+ Year Old Account
    idk.. looks a bit too fake for me considering people a few weeks ago were saying paper mario 1000 year door was getting a port to 3ds with supposed exclusive pics, same as rayman as a dlc character for ssb
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

If anything I'd imagine that would be on the Wii U, and even then, they could just add it as a download Wii game.
    I can't see much point in making it for the 3DS, and even then it would probably have to be a New 3DS exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently it is fake.

Article

10+ Year Old Account
    Totes McGoats fake.

And anyway, I'd rather them make the GBA and SNES virtual console available on the 3ds

I heard it is possible with the New 3DS since obviously they did Xenoblade. Twillight Princess wouldn't be too much of a stretch since they'd have to map the Gamecube controls to this version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let's bring out another remake of the Legend of Zelda... Like there haven't been enough as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Yes, let's bring out another remake of the Legend of Zelda... Like there haven't been enough as of late.
    The MM remake took a whole 6 months of dev time to make, but people run out and spend $40 on it in mass. It's easy to see why nintendo may want to make another cheap ass remake that costs them little to make when fools will pay full price for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The MM remake took a whole 6 months of dev time to make, but people run out and spend $40 on it in mass. It's easy to see why nintendo may want to make another cheap ass remake that costs them little to make when fools will pay full price for them.
    Even then, there's only been like, what, 3 remakes I think so far recently? Unless I'm missing one, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of Time. And even then, Ocarina of Time was like, when the 3DS came out in the first place, not really recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Yeah, let's not make a remake that's bound to make them a shit load of cash.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a masterpiece, I'm not a fool for paying whatever the price for it.

MASTERPIECE!

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    It's a masterpiece, I'm not a fool for paying whatever the price for it.

MASTERPIECE!
    Eh, they could of done better with the camera nonsense on the New 3DS.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is that they are going from a N64 title to a 3DS system with similar specs in terms of capability, the Wii was quite a bit more powerful then the N64. Still, I would gladly drop more cash for remakes of N64 games if it means Nintendo keeps making great AAA new releases for the Wii U and 3DS. I'd splurge for a Paper Mario TTYD remake to be honest, and a remake of Star Wars Empire Strikes Back would make me far for all eternity.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2015-04-20 at 01:27 AM.

I'm so glad I still have my Paper Mario TTYD. I plan on buying the original on the wii shop when it comes out and then play TTYD again. Such master pieces. It's a shame what they did to the series. Paper mario Wii and sticker star? What the hell was that garbage?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm so glad I still have my Paper Mario TTYD. I plan on buying the original on the wii shop when it comes out and then play TTYD again. Such master pieces. It's a shame what they did to the series. Paper mario Wii and sticker star? What the hell was that garbage?
    The mario & luigi games are still solid rpgs at least, since they turned Paper Mario into something that is NOT an rpg...

10+ Year Old Account
    The mario & luigi games are still solid rpgs at least, since they turned Paper Mario into something that is NOT an rpg...
    Sticker Star is still an RPG through and through and a solid one at that. Game gets way too much hate for whatever reason.

Paper Mario: TTYD on New 3DS would be something else though!

I hope they announce more New 3DS games this year. Xenoblade alone ain't going to cut it but at least the system upgrade itself was way worth it!
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2015-04-20 at 05:07 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Sticker Star is still an RPG through and through and a solid one at that. Game gets way too much hate for whatever reason.
    I don't think you understand what an RPG is. Having a turn based battle system does not make in an RPG. Having a single element in common with RPGs and lacking everything else makes it some half ass adventure game where you collect stickers the entire game.

The game is a giant fetch quest, and it terrible. There is a reason it is rated drastically lower then any other Paper Mario game, because it's a turd. Mario & Luigi Dream Team is a million times the game that sticker star is, and that was made on half the budget by a much smaller team.

All Paper Mario games are trash compared to Super Mario RPG... that's what I really want

15+ Year Old Account
    The New 3DS could handle TP, not sure it'd quite match the initial outlay of MM though as there are fewer New 3DS' out there... Would love a TP remake, either New 3DS or Wii U HD would be awesome tbh. As long as it doesn't affect the time for the new Zelda U title...

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    All Paper Mario games are trash compared to Super Mario RPG... that's what I really want
    TTYD > SMRPG = Paper Mario

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where you are getting 6 months, but I remember an interview where it was stated that they started working on the game as soon as OoT 3DS finished. That was 4 years ago.

But yeah, how dare fools spend money on excellent games that really can't be played anywhere else! I would spend $40 any day on a Zelda remake over most $60 AAA titles. I don't have a WiiU, so yes, I would also buy Twilight Princess if it came to 3DS as I'm sure most other people will.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.