Solo old content, what's possible?

So, with the 12x XP event coming, I am returning to the game probably. But my question, I loved solo'ing the earlier dungeons on my Juggernaut. How much can I solo at max level? Can I solo old operations, all 5 mans? What's possible with which classes?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So, with the 12x XP event coming, I am returning to the game probably. But my question, I loved solo'ing the earlier dungeons on my Juggernaut. How much can I solo at max level? Can I solo old operations, all 5 mans? What's possible with which classes?
    My take in solo stuff.

At max level with decent gear I think you could solo most flash points as long as mechanics allowed it.

I can't see any reason that you shouldn't be able to solo all the original flash points.

The Black Talon
    The Esseles
    Hammer Station
    Athiss
    Mandalorian Raiders
    Cademimu
    Boarding Party
    Taral V
    The Foundry
    Maelstrom Prison
    Colicoid War Games - Maybe
    The Red Reaper
    Directive 7
    The False Emperor
    The Battle of Ilum
    Kaon Under Siege
    The Lost Island

You might be able to solo these with a bit more challenge but I doubt it. I've never tried it though.
    Czerka Corporate Labs
    Czerka Core Meltdown
    Kuat Drive Yards

I doubt you can solo these in the way you are asking. The new flash points do however come with a solo mode and an OP GSI robot runs with you and your companion making them very easily solo-able.

Assault on Tython
    Korriban Incursion
    Depths of Manaan
    Legacy of the Rakata
    Blood Hunt
    Battle of Rishi

As far as operations goes. I doubt you can go far because of mechanics and the difficulity on it being just an ops.

Eternity Vault - solo till puzzle boss then stuck
    Karagga's Palace - solo till Fabricator puzzle boss them stuck.

Explosive Conflict - I doubt you can solo Toth and Zorn because of mechanics.
    Terror From Beyond - Maybe the first boss but doubtful on second boss. Definitely stuck on 3rd boss if you make it that far.
    Scum and Villainy - I don't see it happening.
    The Dread Fortress - First boss maybe. Then stuck
    The Dread Palace - Nope
    The Ravager - Nope
    Temple of sacrifice - Nope
    Last edited by quras; 2015-04-22 at 06:53 PM.

Most original FPs should be soloable - Coilcoid's the only one I'd see any issue with, but I have heard of people soloing it. The Czerkas are soloable (puddle droid boss in Labs maybe not so much, now that the adds got fixed; haven't tried soloing it in awhile, but I did it at 55 in ~168s on a both Sentinel and a Commando). Not sure on KDY, but that's probably boss dependent; droid is liekly not soloable, but the other bosses might be. Tython and Korriban reg might be soloable with a well-geared companion and very careful use of CC, which would severely limit your class options to those with hard CC.

Ops I haven't tried soloing, but, given ToR's focus on mechanics in ops, I'd say not sodding likely.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Was going to come back for double XP weekend, but now I think I will for 12X. I was in mostly 180 gear, shadow with Nadia or Treek and was not able to solo Coilcoid War Games. All other FPs were fine, even the 50 HMs. The newer ones have the solo mode, but otherwise I haven't tried (I know Blood hunt wasn't, went in by accident...).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

What about "two manning" old content?
    say if i have a friend going with me , could we do it?

Quote Originally Posted by zmora View Post
    What about "two manning" old content?
    say if i have a friend going with me , could we do it?
    There's no "old content" anymore as everything is 65. Soloing HMs is impossible (I'm sure someone with insane skill and gear will prove me wrong at some point), but you can choose to do most flashpoints in Solo mode.

Two manning hardmodes is very much possible, but can be very easy to frustratingly hard depending on boss and classes/specs you run.

2-manning is probably easier than running it with a normal pug group of 4 if we're being honest. Companions are so ridiculously strong right now that if you get them to the higher influence ranks they are probably going to be more useful to you than your average pug.

Anything that disables your companion (ops, world bosses) is probably off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    2-manning is probably easier than running it with a normal pug group of 4 if we're being honest. Companions are so ridiculously strong right now that if you get them to the higher influence ranks they are probably going to be more useful to you than your average pug.
    It's not easier than a normal PuG, no. It is easier than running with a PuG of people that have no idea of boss tactics, how to move out of stuff or how to use their abilities but LOVE clicking everything that looks clickable. That's not normal or average, that's bad luck.

And comps are nowhere near infallible - we were getting absolutely destroyed last night in Mandalorian raiders on the last boss as they couldn't keep up (due to healing the wrong targets I assume). I switched to heal and it went off more or less flawlessly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they healing abilities is great even solo elites easily, and the lvl squish for zones arent s bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    It's not easier than a normal PuG, no. It is easier than running with a PuG of people that have no idea of boss tactics, how to move out of stuff or how to use their abilities but LOVE clicking everything that looks clickable. That's not normal or average, that's bad luck.

And comps are nowhere near infallible - we were getting absolutely destroyed last night in Mandalorian raiders on the last boss as they couldn't keep up (due to healing the wrong targets I assume). I switched to heal and it went off more or less flawlessly.
    I dunno maybe my luck is really bad, but 80% of the time I'd rather just have my companion. I usually only let them dps. The require more healing than a player, but they definitely out dps 80%+ of the people I encounter in GF. Once you get them above influence 25 or so they just absolutely destroy stuff.