Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic blast furnace question

At what point in the fight does the heart of the mountain instantly gain 100 heat. I heard even if you are at like 80 heat in last phase at some point he will instantly get up to 100 heat. When does this happen if it does? Also ideal heat to go into last phase with?

10 minutes into the fight, the boss "superheats" and jumps to 100 instantly.

I wonder if it's possible to have him below 75 heat before phase 3.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly at high levels of heat their is barely a difference. I mean there is, but it's not that vast. You just need to get to P3 before he reaches 100 heat, otherwise P3 is going to be rough as he will be super heated near the end of P2 and for the entirety of P3.

I think we've done mid 80s prior to the nerf to the encounter. It's entirely possible I'd imagine considering you can skip the third bellows completely now, leaving you with the possibility of entering P2 with anywhere from 12 to 16 heat realistically. He gains 1 heat every 5 seconds in P2 IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity46 View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to have him below 75 heat before phase 3.
    Easily. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=263&spell=110 85 heat when entering P3, and we did 2-2-2-2 (didn't push any elementalists in 1 go, while some guilds do 1-2-1-2). Each heat = 5 seconds. Exitting phase 51 seconds quicker is more than doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Honestly at high levels of heat their is barely a difference. I mean there is, but it's not that vast. You just need to get to P3 before he reaches 100 heat, otherwise P3 is going to be rough as he will be super heated near the end of P2 and for the entirety of P3.

I think we've done mid 80s prior to the nerf to the encounter. It's entirely possible I'd imagine considering you can skip the third bellows completely now, leaving you with the possibility of entering P2 with anywhere from 12 to 16 heat realistically. He gains 1 heat every 5 seconds in P2 IIRC.
    How can you skip the 3rd bellows completely? Id assume this strat req mc

Quote Originally Posted by BrewmasterJi View Post
    How can you skip the 3rd bellows completely? Id assume this strat req mc
    MC and flawless performance, essentially.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, but I know people have been doing it. We did the boss twice prior to the nerf and just did it again this week after extending for a couple weeks to kill Blackhand. We didn't really redo our strategy and actually wiped several times on the encounter because of the 'nerfs'. It's certainly an easier encounter as the whole setup to the kill use to lie in P1 and less bombs required (among AI changes) makes it way faster.

We will probably re-evaluate our strategy and their are plenty of threads about Blast Furance, and I recall people mentioning how they can do 2 bellows in P1, which honestly makes it worlds easier. We went with our old strategy with the changes and it was pretty hectic because we aren't use to the third bellows being nearly full health.

If you do it like this and get to P2 with 12-16 heat it's pretty much a win granted you don't mess up too much. A lot of the pressure in the encounter is right before the transition to P2, and shortly after P2. After it settles you kind of fall into a rhythm until about half way through P2 where the raid damage ultimately picks up. After that you really don't notice the damage increasing despite the heat going up, and once you clean up adds in P3 it's pretty easy damage until he becomes super heated.

Yh i wasjust wondering. We're progressing there atm and essentially the heat regs always req 1-2bombs after the 3rd bellow and thats with 0 repairs (we have no mc).
    I think our best pull was last night where we reached the 4th primal, then the raid damage pretty much killed us.

We have P1 down to around 24 heat like that, so hopefully we'll see P3 next raid Only 4 healing so its getting intense!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    MC and flawless performance, essentially.
    Not disagreeing, but it's not too bad to get 3rd bellows with just 1 pull or no pulls without the MC. We didn't MC the left after the nerf and our first kill got out with just 1 pull on the left. No pulls is tight, but I believe possible.

Yh i wasjust wondering. We're progressing there atm and essentially the heat regs always req 1-2bombs after the 3rd bellow and thats with 0 repairs (we have no mc).
    I think our best pull was last night where we reached the 4th primal, then the raid damage pretty much killed us.

We have P1 down to around 24 heat like that, so hopefully we'll see P3 next raid Only 4 healing so its getting intense!
    We've 5 healed even when we were down a healer (a DPS OS healed our first kill). The damage in P2 is pretty intense, especially from Firecallers. The biggest problem we had is splash damage from Volatile Fire. I'd say 5 healing is much safer for an early kill, we still manage 1-2-2-1 with 3 tanks and 5 healers so it's easily doable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    10 minutes into the fight, the boss "superheats" and jumps to 100 instantly.
    Oh its at 10 mins? I thought it was at 20% haha, cuz ours happened at the exact same time, seemed more logical to happen at the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    We've 5 healed even when we were down a healer (a DPS OS healed our first kill). The damage in P2 is pretty intense, especially from Firecallers. The biggest problem we had is splash damage from Volatile Fire. I'd say 5 healing is much safer for an early kill, we still manage 1-2-2-1 with 3 tanks and 5 healers so it's easily doable.
    The damage from Firecallers can be completely prevented through MC, the way we did it was MCing the first time they sent the debuff out and killing them before the second. If you fail to kill them before the 2nd it hits much harder.

OP -

There isn't really an ideal number you want to enter P3 at, you need it at the lowest amount possible to make the fight easier. you can make P2 much faster by going 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 (Occasionally 1 - 2 - 1 - 1), here is how we managed it.

1. Wait for CDs while killing foreman, nuke down elementalist once CDs are ready. (Have 2 priests MC firecallers at this point)
    2. Potions and whatever you have available (this is the most difficult one to manage a 1 shot on)
    3. CDs are available again.
    4. Heroism which leads into P3.
    Last edited by Konahh; 2015-04-23 at 01:25 PM.

We have to use hero and cds on the first elementalist in my guild. Duno why we could easily do it without hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Konahh View Post
    The damage from Firecallers can be completely prevented through MC, the way we did it was MCing the first time they sent the debuff out and killing them before the second. If you fail to kill them before the 2nd it hits much harder.
    Wait are you saying if you mind control the firecaller as it casts volatile fire it stops the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Wait are you saying if you mind control the firecaller as it casts volatile fire it stops the damage?
    No. Let it cast volatile fire, and then have the firecaller mind controlled as the debuff falls off. Instead of damaging allies, it'll actually explode onto the enemies. We got our first pre-pre nerf kill like that before it became a widely "known" tactic (a late night binge watch of paragon's farm stream showed their priest doing it, at the time I hadn't found another guild doing it).
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=176123 it did 5.6M dmg on our first kill, so not a ton .

It's not strictly needed anymore either way due to the nerfs and heat becomming a much smaller issue etc, but it's still usefull; being able to stack the entire raid on the elementalist for AOE healing made the fight a joke (after P1 was done, anyway).
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2015-04-23 at 11:49 PM.

How would that work? Don't they become immune to MC after once?

Quote Originally Posted by infinity46 View Post
    How would that work? Don't they become immune to MC after once?
    Yes. Which is why he said, kill them before the second cast.

Im guessing you had the luxury of 2 mcs to do that? Or do you just kill one off and mc the other once the volatile fire goes out?

Im guessing you had the luxury of 2 mcs to do that? Or do you just kill one off and mc the other once the volatile fire goes out?
    First kill we had 2x priests doing it (just like we had 2x priests MC'ing in p1). Since the nerf/blackhand kill, our shadow priests have both rerolled other classes, so we literally only have 1 priest now. This means that he just picks a firecaller and negates half of the volatiles, but we stay spread; it's still a shit-ton less damage if you remove 50% of the volatile fires over the encounter.