15+ Year Old Account
    Holy effing shit.

I must admit, until halfway through the 3rd period, I was being a Debbie Downer on my Lightning. Historically poor performers on the road, I watched in disgust as Detroit seemed to have all the momentum and possession (yet again). That awful 2nd goal where Bishop wildly swung his stick in the air and bats the puck into the net nearly sent me through the roof.

That Johnson / Kucherov / Palat line is getting hot again. I feel really good being 2-2 right now, especially how heart-breaking that first game was (3x as many SoG, more hits, 60/40 faceoffs, a statistical landslide and Detroit's goalie still manages to steal it).

GO BOLTS
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Now the bad news, Weber is done for the year, thee injury was an ACL. Even if we do manage some how to come back and win this thing, probably done in the next round anyways.
    I think you're wrong about the ACL, that was all speculation by NBCSN before the Preds even confirmed anything. Also I have to wonder why you guys play low on the PP at Home but not when at the UC. Thats a big reason it was successful last night.

If the Hawks are taking this series they do it tomorrow, you don't want to be going back to Nashville for a game 7 after taking 2 straight losses. Id like to see Q put Kane with Hossa or Toews for a little spark because despite that goal Versteeg got off a beautiful pass from Kane he still plays like a shopping cart with 3 wheels. Anyways best of luck tomorrow Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    You picked the wild/blues to be a sweep? :O for which lol
    I picked STL in 5. I think.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ottawa is fixin' to climb back into this one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Ottawa is fixin' to climb back into this one
    That upset if they whold turn this arouund.. Would be 10x bigger than if Preds turn it

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    That upset if they whold turn this arouund.. Would be 10x bigger than if Preds turn it
    Well they got the 2nd hardest game out of the way. I won't be surprised if they force 7, especially with 6 being in Ottawa. Then it's just down to a winner takes all bo1. Craig Anderson was incredible tonight, we'll see if Montreal finds the scoring to finally put them away. 4th win is always the toughest to get.

Well they got the 2nd hardest game out of the way. I won't be surprised if they force 7, especially with 6 being in Ottawa. Then it's just down to a winner takes all bo1. Craig Anderson was incredible tonight, we'll see if Montreal finds the scoring to finally put them away. 4th win is always the toughest to get.

Anderson does pretty well in the playoffs, but I don't see the 3-0 comeback happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good bounce back game for the wild, 4-1. After losing by what felt like a dozen, was nice to hold them to one :P

Dubynks' last three games: Shut out, six goals, one goal.

Wat?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, saved 36 shots this game...only had to save 17 in the shutout.
    You're a towel.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Anderson does pretty well in the playoffs, but I don't see the 3-0 comeback happening.
    Unfortunately Montreal is just not playing we at all this series. I may hate the Habs, but I hate fairweather hockey fans more and Ottawa is riddled with them. Montreal needs to come out swinging next game and put Ottawa in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I think you're wrong about the ACL, that was all speculation by NBCSN before the Preds even confirmed anything. Also I have to wonder why you guys play low on the PP at Home but not when at the UC. Thats a big reason it was successful last night.

If the Hawks are taking this series they do it tomorrow, you don't want to be going back to Nashville for a game 7 after taking 2 straight losses. Id like to see Q put Kane with Hossa or Toews for a little spark because despite that goal Versteeg got off a beautiful pass from Kane he still plays like a shopping cart with 3 wheels. Anyways best of luck tomorrow Nashville.

Yeah according to the Pred its not an ACL. Makes me wonder though if its not on of those Telephone games though where someone said a sprained knee and by the time it got out it was an ACL. Either way he is done for the series though.

I suspect game 6 is going to determine the winner of the series. I think if we can get it back home we get it done. I don't have a great feeling about game 6 though, something about it makes me feel like Chicago puts it all together and gets it done. I'm a tad bit worried we put it all out there in game 5, team was ticked about Forsberg not getting the nod, just lots of things to ride going into that one. But who knows.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch many Panther games... Did Ekblad really deserve the nod over Forsberg? Tough to compare D men and Forwards

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    18 years old playing (fairly) big minutes in Florida. Put up 39 pts which was good for 28th~ among all D men, also was around the team lead in points. Basically, he was arguably the Panthers best defenseman at just age 18. I think that says more about the team than it does about him, but it's still a pretty impressive debut season. Lots of people think he could win the award, I think Stone will get it but obviously I'm rootin' for Johnny because Flames fan and such. Forsberg didn't get nom'd because he faltered so hard. Dude had the award locked up but Stone and Gaudreau went on a tear in March while Forsberg stayed fairly stagnant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hiller got a short leash

- - - Updated - - -

Alright Flames, you did your job, no more Canucks.

vaya con dios Canucks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can breath finally, holy shit what a game

They tricked me with the start time so I missed the first period...but I saw all the good stuff

Ferland, man...what a kid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    They tricked me with the start time so I missed the first period...but I saw all the good stuff

Ferland, man...what a kid.
    No Gio No Bouma No Problem

10+ Year Old Account
    No Gio No Bouma No Problem
    Until you play a team that can actually play this season in the Ducks and get bent over your hay bales and fucked raw.

Canucks once again didn't deserve the win, and I'm tured of that so of course I'm salty, but I've said many times that this series was meaningless because neither of the teams were ever getting past the second round.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone needs to find a picture of the Canucks logo choking, cause they did it in impressive fashion last night.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Until you play a team that can actually play this season in the Ducks and get bent over your hay bales and fucked raw.

Canucks once again didn't deserve the win, and I'm tured of that so of course I'm salty, but I've said many times that this series was meaningless because neither of the teams were ever getting past the second round.
    2nd year of the rebuild, our best player and captain injured and we make it into the 2nd round. I'll take it any day of the week even if we get swept by Anaheim. I will remain optimistic until that occurs however.

Canucks need a 2nd line badly. They got the Sedins and then 3 3rd lines. Sbisa is a joke of a d man and Bieksa isn't much better. Tanev is a fuckin stud, was super impressed with him this series. One or the most underrated young D in the league imo. Horvat was also surprisingly good. Some of Willie D's coaching decisions were highly questionable i felt.

Liks why the hell is Vrbata not with the Sedins? Everytime
    they were together It was terrifying especially that beauty of a 3rd goal. No clue why Horvat wasnt moved up the lineup, he was prob the best forward not wearing 22 or 33. And why play Miller? He was awful last night, rrebound machine and hes clearly not fully recovered from injury. I woulda yanked him after 3. Just weird decisions all around. If youre not gonna put Vrbata with the sisters at least slide Horvat up with him. You guys also got a preview of why we traded Sven Baertschi In the first place. He was invisible for the most part outside of some early plays in both games. Very familiar of his time here.

Canucks need to get tougher. Ferland was running over your defense all series long and no one did anything about it or did the same to us. Kassian missing def hurt that aspect but i doubt he turns the tide of the series. Virtanen is a tough kid he'll fill that gap when hes nhl ready but you guys have glaring secondary scoring problems.