Solo Mop raids for gold, possible?

I was just wondering if anyone out there is soloing mop raids for gold.
    If so, on what difficulty/size and what class/ilvl do you have.

I'm currently doing Cata raids for gold, and I am curious if I can expand that =)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pekki/advanced

I tried to solo Jin'rokh in ToT and as soon as he tried to throw me, he despawned. I am sure some classes may be able to do a few bosses, but not many of them. And that's mainly only for bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone out there is soloing mop raids for gold.
    If so, on what difficulty/size and what class/ilvl do you have.

I'm currently doing Cata raids for gold, and I am curious if I can expand that =)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pekki/advanced
    I tried as a fresh level 100 and had problems in MSV. Trash wasn't a big deal but the dog fight sucked.

Too add to this can you still do LFR version of MOP raids by talking to someone like u can DS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I tried as a fresh level 100 and had problems in MSV. Trash wasn't a big deal but the dog fight sucked.

Too add to this can you still do LFR version of MOP raids by talking to someone like u can DS.
    I believe so, in the Lorewalker area where Cho is? For the archeology stuff

Do what now? Are you serious? Who? Where?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    That. Yes they are. A panda. Somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    There's a couple queuer's in the building where Cho, Archaelogy trainer, Brann is. The same building you visited for MoP CM Mounts / Timeless Isle initial port.

There's one for LFR, Scenarios, Heroic Scenarios, and maybe one other?

Is it even worth doing LFR version for gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    Is it even worth doing LFR version for gold?
    Nope. Reward is ~ 3 gold per boss, or an item that sells for ~ 20g. I'm gonna annoy a tank and healer into running a few with me at some point because the LFR colors are nicer for xmog, but I wouldn't even touch them for gold. 10N runs would reward more on the first boss or two than the full LFR.

That said, I did the first couple of wings of ToT LFR with no real problems, and 10N solo was painful, so that's gonna be a while -- even discounting despawn-with-one mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Nope. Reward is ~ 3 gold per boss, or an item that sells for ~ 20g. I'm gonna annoy a tank and healer into running a few with me at some point because the LFR colors are nicer for xmog, but I wouldn't even touch them for gold. 10N runs would reward more on the first boss or two than the full LFR.

That said, I did the first couple of wings of ToT LFR with no real problems, and 10N solo was painful, so that's gonna be a while -- even discounting despawn-with-one mechanics.
    Possibly pets? Weren't there some only from LFR?

7+ Year Old Account
    From my own experience it isn't very worth for the time it can take. Soloing Heroic 10 mans was about 25-35 gold per boss plus whatever the drops sold for.

If Cata raids are anything to go off of, 25 Heroic MoP raids should drop a decent amount of gold plus huge loot tables.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-04-29 at 01:24 AM.

I can hunter solo MSV with no problems but i only do that for the elegon mount it really doesnt drop that much g compared to cata and wrath soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Possibly pets? Weren't there some only from LFR?
    Oh, yeah. They probably still drop but, like the gear, at the same rate they did in the original content. It's not the rewarding experience that running older normal and heroic mode content is.

It's extremely dependent on your class/spec and gear level as well. If you don't feel you can nuke down Elegons Orbs fast enough (as they zoom away from you in six directions, obviously) then it will be a PITA to do 25m H anytime soon.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    I tried to solo Jin'rokh in ToT and as soon as he tried to throw me, he despawned. I am sure some classes may be able to do a few bosses, but not many of them. And that's mainly only for bragging rights.
    Yeah, Jin'rokh despawns when he picks you up if there's no other target for him to switch to.
    Non frost-mages can overcome this with Prismatic Crystal I believe(frost has water ele). And Brewmasters can do it with their Ox statue. DKs - if they can burst the boss down before the next throw can do it with army. And obviously pet classes can do it no problem.
    But, DKs and Brewmasters can solo pretty much all of ToT. With a few of the bosses near the end being difficult (Durumu, Dark Animus(I'm not sure if he can be solo'd atm tbh) Maegara if you have lower DPS and Iron Qon). With Council being the only real challenge early on.
    I know mages can solo a few - the mage solo thread in the class forums will have what bosses are doable.
    But I really don't think it's all that profitable anyway.