Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Tree of Savior or Lineage Eternal?
    No, but with those two titles I was able to do a forum search and found what I was looking for: Lost Ark Online. Thanks!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone could help at all with these two games i'm trying to remember, i'd really appreciate it. Well one's on the PC so that one should be a little easier to find but there is also one on the PS1 or PS2 that i've been trying to find for a while as well. Want them Nostalgic feels!!!

First of all, let's start with the PC game. Well i guess you could say it was sort of a retro style game. Had like Mario graphics, you are a yellow blob guy that builds stuff. It's sort of a level maker game where you can shoot peas and drive some weird looking cars. Really old game but i would love to know what the name is if anyone is familiar with old games.

Second one is on either the PS1 or PS2, not sure but i feel like its on the PS1! Really old games where you clicked on these buildings and they would produce robots for you to fight a friend or AI. That's really all i can remember but i know some of my fellow champions know games really well here.

Anything would be appreciated, or at least something to steer me into the right direction.

The latter game sounds like Z.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_%28video_game%29
    Which was released for PS1 in december '97.

I have no clue whatsoever regarding the first one.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Ok this is a very old game, its been in the back of my head ever since I was a kid.

System:
    Nintendo Famicom

Description:
    Its a side scrolling game. You collect an item during the level, once you have 3 of them it turns into a small flying robot that shoots bullets when you attack.
    Depending on the 3 items combination the robot shoots differently, and if you collect the same 3 items again, the robot becomes a massive gun for a short period of time.

Any idea?
    Also is there a place where I can get Famicom emulator+games?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Ok this is a very old game, its been in the back of my head ever since I was a kid.

System:
    Nintendo Famicom

Description:
    Its a side scrolling game. You collect an item during the level, once you have 3 of them it turns into a small flying robot that shoots bullets when you attack.
    Depending on the 3 items combination the robot shoots differently, and if you collect the same 3 items again, the robot becomes a massive gun for a short period of time.

Any idea?
    Also is there a place where I can get Famicom emulator+games?
    What kind of side-scroller? Platformer? Shooter? Auto-scroller? What did the character look like? I'm assuming a sci-fi setting, too. It sounds like something I played on my friend's Famicom in Japanese, but I couldn't tell you what it was to save my life.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Action game, PS1. I played as a kid, so I don't remember much.
    I think you could choose between two characters (a male and a female), and it was an action game (not a beat'em up, something like a shooter/3rd person action game).
    It was kinda futuristic, and the soundtrack was pretty good.

I can't remember much out of it, but it was insanely fun when I was like 7. Now I have 20 :c

10+ Year Old Account
    So I remember having so much fun with a particular ps1 game and for the life of me can't remember what it was.

- So its on PS1.

- You controlled a robot that looked like a Gekko from MGS4, you could go from attack mode (standard 2 legs) or flying mode but you could also still shoot, I think.

- It was isometric camera angle, or I think it was.

- There was a campaign that just involved going round killing towers and enemies or something.

- Also split screen was available where it was just a deathmatch, spawning opposite ends of the map.

It was probably a rubbish game but me and a friend were on a nostalgia trip and remembered that game.

There was also the same speech repeated, like "This is too easy".
    Last edited by JP1o; 2015-04-29 at 11:56 AM.

Almost sounds like Armored Core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Almost sounds like Armored Core.
    No wasn't that, but I've managed to find it. Future Cop L.A.P.D.

Shit was fun as hell.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The latter game sounds like Z.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_%28video_game%29
    Which was released for PS1 in december '97.

I have no clue whatsoever regarding the first one.
    Not the game I'm looking for, but that was a good game back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post

Shit was fun as hell.
    The game i'm looking for looks JUST like this game. Is there anything similar to this with the same concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post

System:
    Nintendo Famicom

Description:

Any idea?
    Shatterhand possibly?

Deleted
    Hello champions! Long time reader, first time poster here. Reason being that i can't remember the name of a game. I can't sleep, i can't eat before i know name of that game.
    What I remember of this game:
    - It's not very old game, something from 90's or something near year 2000
    - SCI-FI RTS game
    - Graphics wise similar to Red Alert 2
    - No infantry units. Only little tanks, slightly bigger and powerful tanks etc. And mechs.
    - There was some kind of UFO type machine to take over opponents buildings, eventually taking over the "main building" and winning the match. It hovered above said building and shot a laser beam down until the building explode, making it yours.
    - I don't think it was very known game.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I think the name started with Act of [Blank] or Art of [Blank]. I might be completely wrong ofcourse.

Edit 2: Found it! The name of the game is State of War.
    Last edited by mmoca1f2bb812a; 2015-05-14 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Name suddenly popped into my head

Alright, I finally got one to ask here.

First off, can't even remember the system this game is for. It's either N64, Gamecube, or PS1/2, I know that much (or it could be for multiple as I don't remember it being a first-party game). If it helps, I remember playing it around 2002-2005 (no clue if that's when it was made, I just figured more information may help).

The game itself is a non-action/turn-based, RPG, where the main character was like an android or something along those lines (I remember him being humanoid but you could get parts to upgrade yourself with). You got a few other characters to help you as well (which I believe were all humans? and most likely friends of yours).

That's really all I got, but thank you so much if you happen to know it. Also, as a secondary request, if you could also PM me the info, juuuuuuuuust in case I forgot to check here in awhile, I'd be in your debt <3
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-05-10 at 12:26 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    my dad asked me if i could name a game, but unfortunatly due to the genre it is in i couldn't.

- most likely a point and click adventure
    - the start or atleast a level in the game is on a train, wich you need to get running
    - according to him you play as a robot with a golden like color

i know its not much to go on, but maybe someone could help me and my dad out with it

The only point and click adventure I can think of with a train that needs to be fixed is Syberia. It does have a robot-like character, but he is the conductor of the train. The main character is a woman named Kate Walker. Doesn't sound like the game he is looking for though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    The only point and click adventure I can think of with a train that needs to be fixed is Syberia. It does have a robot-like character, but he is the conductor of the train. The main character is a woman named Kate Walker. Doesn't sound like the game he is looking for though.
    That's the first thing that came to mind as well, maybe he just had the main character confused? Worth asking :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post

Shit was fun as hell.
    A great game, which I remember playing, and whose multiplayer is the predecessor to the MOBA genre (Aeon of Strife for Starcraft is supposedly based on it, and that turned in to DotA)

The game I can't remember the name of is this: A Genesis game (probably) similar to Battletoads, where you play a robot that can change its parts to change the stats, and you can even rip off enemy parts during a level. A friend had the game, so I only got to play it a couple times.
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Hey guys I was thinking back to a game I played a long time ago way back in third or fourth grade. It was a game on the school computer where you controlled a robot which i think moved by being connected to some kind of rolly ball at its base. It was almost like soccer and you were trying to score a goal against your opponent across the field. However the field was a round half dome which was lower at the bottom and higher near the goals. Does anyone have any idea what I'm referring to?

P.S. As a point of reference this was in the early 90's.

I'm looking for an old(Give or take 12+ years) motor racing game I used to play. The CD was half blue half red. You started out with 3 levels and 3 bikes. A dessert, a street and a beach level(and bike). And you had to race, if you became first you got a golden medal and you unlocked a new bike, and when you completed the first 3 levels, you unlocked more. And more after that. Anyone any clue?
    I believe the starter bikes, were orange, fast but unagile. green for beach. And don't recall the other ones. Was a red bike too.

Edit:
    It's Redline racer
    Last edited by Mazeari; 2015-07-23 at 01:35 PM.

Ok...couple of PS1 games here. Sorry for the lack of details, but I'm 30 now and trying to remember details from games I haven't played since age 12.

1: It was a sort of 3D environment, 3rd person puzzle game, where you played a gingerbread man-like character standing on this platform of floating blocks, and you had to manipulate the blocks in a certain way to progress. The background was completely black (it was almost like you're in some bottomless pit with the block platform and your character as the only things in it). Can't remember any other real details, but it was a pretty early PS1 game.

edit: or maybe it was more like...you hopped from block to block, and the blocks reacted different ways when you stepped on them. Some would spawn more blocks, some would explode, some would do things to the blocks around them, some would just disappear and make you fall to your death, etc. I believe the goal was to make all the blocks disappear until you were down to the last one (and do so without letting your character die from one of the disappearing/exploding blocks).

edit: found it, Intelligent Qube is the game.

3rd person game, iirc, your character was a girl (around high school age). You're inside a house, and waves of bad guys will come at you. You have time to set "traps" for the bad guys before each wave, and if the traps work, you move on. Traps range from simple stuff like huge cannonballs that roll down the stairs and flatten bad guys to tripwires that set off chain reactions.

Your character has no way to directly defend herself, so you have to rely on the traps. Bad guys catch your character, game over. Lay your traps out the right way and kill all the bad guys in the wave, and you move on to the next one. As you progress, the bad guys get tougher/smarter/faster (some of them get to the point where the really simple traps no longer harm them), and you get better traps to deal with them.

Sometimes you could do trap combinations. For example, one of the traps took a few seconds to go off once the bad guy walked over it and activated it. Under normal circumstances, he'll continue walking past it and be long gone by the time it goes off. But you also had a "slowing" trap that would slow the bad guy's movement speed. Put that before the "few seconds to go off" trap, and he'll slowly walk through it, giving it time to go off and pwn him.

The PS1 (when it was still new) included a CD that had a bunch of "demo" games. These two games were on the demo CD that came with my original PS1 when I bought it. So I never actually played their full versions. I got my PS1 in like....1997 or so. Since these were on a demo CD, they may or may not have ever made it live (or they may have only been in development at the time).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-08-15 at 09:56 PM.