How Goes the New Season?

What are the goods and the bads of the new season? Aside from the placement matches.

Well...
    At least on low Elo, Warwick is a beast on the jungle.. too bad his abilities are so unhelpful to his teammates, but still, i think now it`s still a valid choice, his ult is nice, but he really needs his team to know what they`re doing on late game, since he`s kinda squishy and has no run away mechanisms or cc

Quote Originally Posted by Ennyn Messor View Post
    Well...
    At least on low Elo, Warwick is a beast on the jungle.. too bad his abilities are so unhelpful to his teammates, but still, i think now it`s still a valid choice, his ult is nice, but he really needs his team to know what they`re doing on late game, since he`s kinda squishy and has no run away mechanisms or cc
    most warwicks i see build extremely tanky and lifesteal more than you can do to them outside the ad carry which they will jump. or they jump whoever tries to jump his team's carry.

Also Vi is still extremely good. She can clear quickly and efficiently and gank really hard level 3+.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, I stopped playing after a few games. I may not be a great player, but my qualifying rounds or whatever they're called landed me in s4 last season, and I got to s3. It may not seem like much to everyone else, but it meant something to me. This season? Straight to b3, then on down to b4 bc elo hell. Its like league wants me to fail, so they match me with the worst players against somewhat better players, but not better than me so I still end up with 10/3/15 (without any support from anyone, of course) or something just so they can rub in my face how no matter what I do, I'm gonna lose.

I'll try again in a month, maybe.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Last season I quit ranked as soon as I hit Gold 5, and it was a pleasant surprise to get back into gold after placement matches. I did snag up a few "meh, he's unranked" comments before I did, though.

The journey to my current Gold 2 was relatively fast - 'only' a ~100 games. So far climbing the ladder is a breeze, and I didn't lose any of my promo series, though there were a few close calls.

It really brings out the best in me to learn new things and pick up new playstyles. I'm watching a ton of video guides by pants are dragon, jeremy and phylol, and trying out new stuff. I feel kinda badass when I get the lastpick and opportunity to counterpick an enemy support, or to coordinate with my ADC and pick a support that he wants for his playstyle.

Deleted
    Rough - I play supp main.

I am stuck in a loop it seems. I am in S1 getting to G5. I have been in this promos (and I have this all written down due to how many times it has take me)...
    Every time I fail promo I win the next 2-3 games instantly and then promo loop starts again

9 times promos. Failed all 9- Must be me right?

in those 9 promos.... (so out of possible 27 games there were 24)

11 afk
    9 rage quit
    5 troll feeding (ie 14 deaths by 20th minute)
    3 teemo jungle.
    1 taric jung

My KDA for those promos only as supp is 1.3 / 4.1/ 25.9

I cannot do anything more! frustrates the hell out of me.
    Any time I get a somewhat decent ADC (by that I mean doesn't tower dive a thresh at lvl 2) we rock Bot lane every single time. Only to find other lanes fed hard.

Been quite enjoying it at the moment, as a toplane main. Only played my promos and a few rankeds on top of that since I dislike doing rankeds but been playing a ton of normal games. Current meta seems pretty interesting, lots of choices that you can do with the tp/smite and tankies champions being super good again.

Deleted
    I got so mad at placement matches. went 8-2 and was top 2 in gold/xp earned in every game. Still ended up in Silver 3 (!!!!111one). So I stopped playing, started 2 days ago and managed to get from Silver 3 to Silver 1 instant. My record now is 18 games and 15 wins. Will still play more Hots though.

Deleted
    I had shitty placement matches. Started in Silver 3... ouch. Climbing to plat 5 was quite easy. But now the struggle is real. Was even in plat 4 for a couple of games. Lost them all due to really really shitty teams and I mean really shitty. I'm no way good enough to carry 3 retards around my current ELO . Back to plat 5. Got back in to promo's again within 3 games. Lost due to 1 feeding team and one just general outplay of the opossing team.

Now? Again in my promotion series to plat 4. Hoping for some teams that will atleast go even. Goal is Diamond 5 this season. Lets hope for some decent teams in my rise to diamond 5. Doubt I will have that kind of luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    I had shitty placement matches. Started in Silver 3... ouch. Climbing to plat 5 was quite easy. But now the struggle is real. Was even in plat 4 for a couple of games. Lost them all due to really really shitty teams and I mean really shitty. I'm no way good enough to carry 3 retards around my current ELO . Back to plat 5. Got back in to promo's again within 3 games. Lost due to 1 feeding team and one just general outplay of the opossing team.

Now? Again in my promotion series to plat 4. Hoping for some teams that will atleast go even. Goal is Diamond 5 this season. Lets hope for some decent teams in my rise to diamond 5. Doubt I will have that kind of luck.
    So much playing you must do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    So much playing you must do!
    It's not that bad. I actually skipped a divisions 3 times. Like I said Climbing to plat 5 was not that hard for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I lose almost every time I try out ranked, but in normal I'm on a pretty good winning streak. So, w/e, ranked sucks ass. The worst part about losing ranked is that 90% of the time I do well, but no one else does.

I haven't finished my promos yet, but I have won the 3 I have done so far. Will see where the rest of the season goes as I'm not really a 'ranked' player more of a play normals and such with people I know kind of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I got so mad at placement matches. went 8-2 and was top 2 in gold/xp earned in every game. Still ended up in Silver 3 (!!!!111one). So I stopped playing, started 2 days ago and managed to get from Silver 3 to Silver 1 instant. My record now is 18 games and 15 wins. Will still play more Hots though.
    That's because you were playing against silver players and never got matched with higher rank players and dominated/won. If you dominated a game full of golds, you would have been placed in gold, etc.

I played ~40 games only last season and went from silver 3 to gold 2, haven't played a single ranked game this season. My normals mmr is higher than my ranked had ever been, low diamond, high plat, and I find normals to be a lot better(better players to play with and against). Plus I can always get my role in normals, jungle.

I don't want to deal with players thinking they can take my position and carry the team in ranked, because they can't. It's very rare that I see someone who takes jungle over me carry harder. If group finder was available for ranked, I'd play the shit out of ranked then.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    If group finder was available for ranked, I'd play the shit out of ranked then.
    Why the hell DON'T they do that?