Is there no replacement for NPC scan?

I've spent over 2 weeks staring at snow trying to get a time lost. Is there nothing I can use to avoid it? I wish they increased the chance of him spawning or something. Because it finally spawned earlier today after those two weeks since the last spawn....

Any chance something works so I don't have to be at my computer 24/7?

Deleted
    Cache scanning no longer works, so the only way to do it without being at the computer involves things against the ToS.

NPCscan still works, it just always goes off @.@

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Cache scanning no longer works, so the only way to do it without being at the computer involves things against the ToS.
    Bah. And there goes my life.... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    NPCscan still works, it just always goes off @.@
    It no longer checks cache loads, only target/mouseover. If you are tabbed out, and it flies by it won't trigger

Blizzard changed how the cache works, possibly because of NPCScan and similar.
    However if a rare has a vignette (minimap skull icon) NPCScan can still pick it up, and more reliably since it won't spot a corpse.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Blizzard changed how the cache works, possibly because of NPCScan and similar.
    However if a rare has a vignette (minimap skull icon) NPCScan can still pick it up, and more reliably since it won't spot a corpse.
    They also offer a key binding that runs the `/target` stuff to find the NPCs around you. (SilverDragon is marginally more useful because they have a `/click` option that you can put in a macro of your own to, eg, have it mark the target with diamond if not dead; I found that valuable.)

As the second poster said, though, if you want this working you have to keep hitting a hardware event, and the only way to automate *that* is against the ToS.

(I think. Is /target HW protected? I think so, but can't find confirmation...)

Have to fly around looking for nameplates if you're out for the white camel