View Poll Results: Have you ever not bought a produce or service out of a personal boycott?

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I always shop according to my beliefs.

19 28.36%
  • Yes, but sometimes I don't because there are no viable Alternatives.

35 52.24%
  • Nope, I don't care it's all about me and NOW!

11 16.42%
  • No, But once in a while you have to take a stand on something like Chicken.

2 2.99%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Why Smith and Wesson, just curious?
    Support of built in locks and they were an early supporter of ballistic fingerprinting

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Products for me I boycott.

Chick A Filet - Political

Hewlett Packard - For making shitty products for example printers, and then pawning them of without giving notice.

Activision - For shitting all over WoW

Sony - For Basically being a bunch of unethical racist assholes, who have no integrity or stand behind their products. (PS4)
    Fuck you.

Chick A Filet is fucking delicious.

10+ Year Old Account

Products for me I boycott.

Chick A Filet - Political

Hewlett Packard - For making shitty products for example printers, and then pawning them of without giving notice.

Activision - For shitting all over WoW

Sony - For Basically being a bunch of unethical racist assholes, who have no integrity or stand behind their products. (PS4)
    Their ownership in 2000 embraced gun control. It only took a year to almost put the company out of business, it was one of the most successful boycotts in history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Fuck you.

Chick A Filet is fucking delicious.
    Yeah so is freedom and equality, MMM MMM!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Chick Fil A : Political (and overrated food)
    Barilla Pasta : Same
    Google : Weaselly advertising company building profiles on everyone
    WalMart : Terrible business practices
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah so is freedom and equality, MMM MMM!
    Chick Filet A has the only fast food chicken that I can eat since Mcdonalds discontinued their ranch BLTs.

Until I commit to my diet, they can be pro genocide and I wouldn't care.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Chick Filet A has the only fast food chicken that I can eat since Mcdonalds discontinued their ranch BLTs.

Until I commit to my diet, they can be pro genocide and I wouldn't care.
    The Steph Curry of MMO-Champ.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I refuse to shop at Wal Mart but that is about it.
    Yeah I refuse to step foot in a Wal-Mart after working there. I mean I hadn't been in one in ages, but when I needed a job it was the only place I could get one at the time. Such a hellish experience.

Plenty of other companies I 'boycott' though for this or that reason. Unfortunately a lot of the baddies own like 15 different companies so their likely to get your money at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    The Steph Curry of MMO-Champ.
    Wait....what?

So am I like, the new Lord Ebornheart.

Steph Curry? I WISH I had a jumpshot like his.

I won't go to Chick Filet A anymore.(I pretty much stopped with fast food, but if I did, I wouldn't step foot in one)

- - - Updated - - -

Right now I am in line to buy a vehicle, or rather I have been for months, I've saved up a while, and really looking forward to buying something brand new, I was talking to a friend of mine, about this and he has been helping me kind of shop different brands.

Anyways, He asks me what I have been looking at or if I decided, and I told him, I what I am looking for, and told Him I like to buy "American" I am not ultra patriotic, but you know, I like my monies to go into helping out the economy, for which he laughed and basically said, "most car brands now like Toyota and Nissan, are likely to employ more Americans than Ford or Chevy."

So it got me thinking Have you ever not bought a produce or service out of a personal boycott?

OR, Have you ever bought something for and with the specific intent like me to help out your local economy or community, and what is or was it?

It can also be Political!
    The guy was right, even Hyundai has factories in America.

Yep, considering that, but so far most of the insurance, I have been quoted actually shows brand new, is cheaper, than certified Pre-Owned, I don't know why, but so far that is what I've gotten.

I also want New more for the chance of getting something with better gas mileage.
    Insurance being higher on a pre owned makes no sense, could you explain why? As far as gas mileage if that's what really matters then get a prius or something.

I freaking hate polls that give you options, and then try to explain my reasoning behind it. Such as "Nope, I don't care it's all about me and NOW!". I'd much rather say No, because I haven't found a company that I use that has done something worth boycotting.

Yes, there are places I won't spend a dime at, and companies I won't knowingly support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I trash talk papa john's every chance I get, and haven't bought a pizza from him in years because of his rallying against obamacare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Their ownership in 2000 embraced gun control. It only took a year to almost put the company out of business, it was one of the most successful boycotts in history.
    I didn't know about that. My last four gun purchases have been S&W, and I absolutely love them. I've yet to find a pistol grip I like more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Insurance being higher on a pre owned makes no sense, could you explain why? As far as gas mileage if that's what really matters then get a prius or something.
    Don't know just everywhere I have checked the price for a vehicle of the same type, preowned seems to be more expensive than new, maybe it has to do with safety features added and what not, I am not sure. But Certified pre-owned isn't out of question, just as long as it's practical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I trash talk papa john's every chance I get, and haven't bought a pizza from him in years because of his rallying against obamacare.
    Yeah, I am the same way problem is Papa Johns Pizza is terrible, so I didn't add it to my list, because it isn't a product I would ever purchase anyways.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I've "boycotted" a local supermarket once (never bought there again) after they sold me a broken item and refused to replace it / let me return it. I've no longer live there, but afterwards I only did shopping in 2 other shops in vicinity, never that one again. Screw the scammers.

I think about all the struggling individuals that work for these companies and realize that even if I manage to hurt the companies bottom line, its not the executives that make these decisions that will suffer. It will be the $9.00 per hour employee that can't eat.

So no, I don't really do that type of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really good at avoiding things for personal reasons. Maybe that's not a good thing? I don't know. Anyways, I have not shopped at Chic-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby since they...well I'm sure you know. I've also never been back to burger king after being served an undercooked burger. I mean undercooked. Also haven't had absinthe since it gave me 3 days of feeling sick...but that one is a little different. The smell or sight of absinthe makes me nauseous.

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely.. ive been in a personal boycott with Kitt-Katt candy due to their extremely horrible latest advertising stint. i cannot stand, hearing people crunch and chomp and chew with their mouth open thru that whole commercial. ive boycotted kitt-katt instantly ≈3 yrs ago. to this day i still avoid buying anything that associates with kitt-katt, offers a kitt-katt, and anytime one of those commercials come on tv, i instantly change the channel. this will continue until my death or they change ad agencies and produce a better commercial.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.