Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Hellfire normal or Heroic first weeks?

Hey guys, My guild is 7/10 mythic 697 ilvl average and we cant decide on what to do about the first week of HFC. Should we go Normal and try get a full clear asap to learn the fights or stick with the progression crew and try to get the Heroics down?

We see the point of normal as it can help teach mechanics but we only raid 2 nights a week and would be good to see what other guilds plan on doing.

Deleted
    We also raid twice a week and stand a 10/10M with 699 ilvl. We're going straight into Heroic but only with the intentions to focus on the first wing. BRF HC taught us a valuable lesson which is expect less, hope for more. No-one yet knows how difficult the encounters will be tuned.

Going into normal will allow you to learn the mechanics and get a feel for the encounter and can often be better in the long run. Something that one shots you in HC might not in normal plus tier + class trinkets are still very valuable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heroic, after months of not raiding Mythic we need a challenge that's not down to entry restrictions.

Deleted
    We're 10/10 mythic and still doing normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely heroics first. Maybe a normal for some bis tier. MAYBE. But heroic for sure. Gotta start mythics the next week anyways

Good luck to all of you. Unfortunately my guild is only 8/10 Norm, 3/10 Heroic. Odds are we'll probably have to do Mythic dungeons and upgraded baleful tokens to even get in norm. Knowing our guild leader though, she'll probably want us to jump right in and fail constantly. I mean we just lost some core raiders and decided to bring in some new blood for the team and she's like lets run the newbies through heroic even though the core team itself is only 3/10, what could go wrong. LOL.... hope all you guys kick ass opening week. Feel free to let me know, I've watched the videos and can already tell my guilds gonna have some problems.

Not sure but it would kind of make sense to go Normal if not to look at the mechanics. We're 8/10 hopefully 9/10 before next week

Quote Originally Posted by Khuteh View Post
    Heroic, after months of not raiding Mythic we need a challenge that's not down to entry restrictions.
    There's millions of threads outside here to whinge about that if you want...
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-06-18 at 09:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Not sure but it would kind of make sense to go Normal if not to look at the mechanics. We're 8/10 hopefully 9/10 before next week

There's millions of threads outside here to whinge about that if you want...
    It's fact, not a whinge.

From my understanding my guild will aim to go directly to heroic. Not sure about any normal raids.

it is better to start with heroic, if you run normal first you risk giving the same person an item twice (hey it is an upgrade, same item higher ilvl more then 2 h later, hey it is an upgrade), by doing heroic 1st you can spread those items around or DE the normal counterpart if no1 needs it.
    Week 1 objective is to unlock mythic, so clearing heroic is the top prio, if you'd run into some issues(irl or ingame) later on in the week you might lose the mythic reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Week 1 objective is to unlock mythic, so clearing heroic is the top prio,
    Mythic unlocks by still having a subscription in the second week.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Mythic unlocks by still having a subscription in the second week.
    haha XD

We're 7/10 mythic but we havnt raided in about 3 months. Will be interesting to see how many people are gonna be online on wednesday

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I haven't killed anything on Mythic yet, but if a 8/10 HC raiders opinion is worth something (who also raids for now at least 2 days per week), then I would say on first day go normal - if you yawn your way through the bosses then on the next day go heroic.

Even for a 2 day raiding guild IMHO trying the normal mode out on the very first day of new raid is still worth it, if for nothing other then to ensure that heroic will be easy.

This has been a hot topic for my guild as well (2 nights). We don't have many mythic kills in foundry, so gear is a little behind (low 690s).

We will probably start in normal and just turn it up after a few bosses if it's a complete joke. I may even have us flip flop back and forth and just stay a couple bosses ahead on normal. I am expecting heroic to be tuned very hard, based on ptr feedback and just by virtue of the immense power gain this tier from trinkets, bonuses, rings, etc. HFC is likely to feel massively overtuned initially if they did it right.

Deleted
    Normal for tier + the class trinket then straight onto heroic. If the fights in normal are anything like BRF then it will be easy to clear both normal + heroic within the first week

Deleted
    We're 10/10H, too small a roster to hit Mythic though I imagine we'd be able to put down at least 3 with a little bit of effort if we could expand with similar quality.

We're heading normal first though any bosses that are mechanically straightforward we may also jump into heroic and see how we hold up against the tight tuning.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We are 10/10 Mythic and have been for 10 clears, and likely will do both.

We don't do split runs and I assume most guilds that care about gear will do both. The last 5 bosses in HFC normal drop 700-705, which is on par or better than anything in Mythic BRF. The HFC sets are pretty retarded too, and normal is the only other way to increase your chance at tokens the first week.

That's what we are doing anyway.

Honestly people disrespect new content way too much and expect to coast through it. Even if heroic isn't tuned for the average 'mythic' guild, learning the basics with less punishing numbers in normal is a pretty efficient way to spend your time. We did this with both Highmaul and BRF, and I can tell you that it makes doing Heroic a lot more straight forward. There were a few bosses in Heroic BRF that were actually pretty tough, even with a lot of Mythic Highmaul gear, I expect the same of HFC unless they didn't change the numbers from PTR.

Chances are if you're 695-702 iLvL mythic guild you can afford to be sloppy on 95% of the normal bosses, clear it fast and make your heroic clear faster. Plus you get upgrades from it anyway, so it's useful that way.

Deleted
    We will do both things. Straight heroic HFC with mains on the regular raid time, and 2 mixed main/alt splits outside of official raid time so we can both gear alts and give mains the sets/trinkets. It will mean a few more hours for the first week, but we think it will be worth the time

As the leader of a 10/10 heroic guild this is my plan for our 3 days of raiding next week.

Day 1: Focus exclusively on normal unless we get a full clear in one night, which is unlikely.
    Day 2: Focus exclusively on heroic.
    Day 3: Try and kill whatever seems the most feasible based on our first 2 days of experience.

We're 2/10 MM. We're planning on going straight to Heroic. We do want to learn the mechanism of the fights, but normal mode makes you dumb and careless. A challenge is more fun, and on Heroic the loots will be used by players, so it wont be a "waste of time". We're planning on cleaning normal mode (or go as far as possible) during the week-end.