Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So that'll be much later then. E3 won't give us anything substantial, just overhyped, prerendered trailer at best.
    They showed us the first ingame stuff last year. No reason to believe we won't see a bit this time as well.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Faburisu/status/610522633445060608

Should I get the megathread ready?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They showed us the first ingame stuff last year. No reason to believe we won't see a bit this time as well.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Faburisu/status/610522633445060608

Should I get the megathread ready?
    I say go for it, seems extremely likely there will be news about ME4.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like we need a new megathread

for a new galaxy of "adventure...memories... and treasures... yeaaaahhhhhhh" -PBG

We should still have a get-together here for N7 Day.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, since the leak of a survey roughly a month back seems to have the location and theme correct for the game, its just rumors at this point but might prove interesting for more information at this point if the rest of it proves to be real: https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...ey_about_mass/

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    So, since the leak of a survey roughly a month back seems to have the location and theme correct for the game, its just rumors at this point but might prove interesting for more information at this point if the rest of it proves to be real: https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...ey_about_mass/
    Cheers, didn't get around to finding that. I'll add it to the other thread for speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I finally started playing ME3 multiplayer a few days ago, and having a blast so far. However, I must be missing something. All my characters are made of paper and die to a couple of shots (except for Geth Juggernaut which actually was able to tank a lot of damage, but, well, he is designed to be this way). When I look at other players, playing the same classes I do, they seem to be able to take some hits, but my character dies very fast, even though I use cover extensively and most players do not seem to use it.

I am playing N7 Slayer Vanguard currently, and he deals insane amount of damage - but, again, he dies to 2 shots from DPS mobs on Gold. Yet N7 Slayers on Youtube playing on Platinum can tank, at least, 5-6 shots. Yes, their equipment is superior to mine, but the numbers don't seem to be really different. So, what am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you've never played ME3MP before? (SHAME SHAME SHAME *DING*) The difficulty isn't so much aimed at your skill levels as much as your character's level. Gold-level enemies hit like a truck on new characters. I usually go Bronze until 13-ish, and then Silver until 18-20 depending on how essential the last few skill points are for the build I'm running.

And the Slayer really is that squishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm playing through the Mass Effect Trilogy for the first time (played ME2 back when it released but Garrus died so I kinda gave up and didn't play ME3) and I'm wondering which DLC I should get for ME3. I also got all the DLC for ME2 except Arrival, is that worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    So, I'm playing through the Mass Effect Trilogy for the first time (played ME2 back when it released but Garrus died so I kinda gave up and didn't play ME3) and I'm wondering which DLC I should get for ME3. I also got all the DLC for ME2 except Arrival, is that worth it?
    Arrival is a tie-in for the beginning of ME3, id say its worth it but not essential, just changes some minor dialogue in ME3 near the start.

For ME3, id say Leviathan and From Ashes is a requirement, other than that Citadel is neat for a more lighthearted time with most of the teams from all 3 games, Omega only if you really like Aria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Do correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you've never played ME3MP before? (SHAME SHAME SHAME *DING*) The difficulty isn't so much aimed at your skill levels as much as your character's level. Gold-level enemies hit like a truck on new characters. I usually go Bronze until 13-ish, and then Silver until 18-20 depending on how essential the last few skill points are for the build I'm running.

And the Slayer really is that squishy.
    Yes, playing multiplayer the first time. I thought I was very good at ME3, but in multi, it seems, the playstyle is quite different. In single player, you pretty much just sit in cover and slowly pick enemies from distance (at least that's how I played it), while in multi there is just too many enemies, so you need to run around, and cover isn't that useful.

Well, my main characters - Quarian Infiltrator, Geth Juggernaut and N7 Slayer Vanguard - are all level 20, so it can't be that. And, honestly, I feel quite comfortable at Gold, as long as I don't get separated from allies and surrounded by heavy artillery. My N7 Slayer is a damage beast, usually ends 1st-2nd in damage meter. But all, except for Juggernaut, die instantly if directly attacked. Even Marauders can strip me of shields and half health in 1 bullet round, if I am not in cover. Juggernaut seems to be the best character overall: decent damage, and can tank almost forever - but quite boring to play: shield, melee, melee, melee, shield, melee, melee, shield, melee, shotgun, melee, shield, melee... N7 Slayer is so much fun, but dying to 1 Brute charge is not fun.

Arrival is definitely worth it, as it essentially is a bridge between ME2 and ME3. If you haven't played Arrival, you might be a bit confused in beginning of ME3. For ME3, I'd say get all story DLC, that is: From Ashes, Extended Cut, Leviathan, Omega and Citadel. Well, you might skip Omega if you don't like this kind of content, since it is essentially a long dungeon crawler - however, if you like Aria (who doesn't like her?), it is worth playing, at least, once.

Item DLCs... Well, I got all DLCs except Genesis, just to support developers who gave me over 1500 hours in ME trilogy. And I was disappointed. All those items are surpassed by the standard endgame gear. I really liked new skins for companions though, so you might get that too, if you are into it.

P.S. Many people were disappointed with ME3 ending (me not included). If you are afraid of being disappointed too, I recommend doing all content except for Citadel DLC before you've played through entire game - then, after ending, play Citadel DLC, and you are almost guaranteed to leave the game at happy note.

P.P.S. Oh, and I also recommend playing Leviathan directly before the last mission, as it kind of provides a major spoiler earlier than it should. However, the reveal in this DLC is epic, so I won't hold your hand.
    Last edited by May90; 2015-06-22 at 10:37 PM.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... umm if I got From Ashes, Leviathan, and Citadel it would be 45 dollars. Kinda hard to justify when I got 3 full games and a bunch of DLC for ME1 and 2 for 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... umm if I got From Ashes, Leviathan, and Citadel it would be 45 dollars. Kinda hard to justify when I got 3 full games and a bunch of DLC for ME1 and 2 for 30.
    Citadel is my favorite DLC among all DLCs in all games ever created... However it is not directly tied to the main story, and it also is essentially a parody. So you can safely skip it for now and play some time later, or skip it completely - even though you will probably lose a lot of fun this way, you won't lose anything in terms of main story.

All the story DLC for ME2 and ME3 are worth it IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to play through Citadel and I also want to use Javik on my squad, so I might just buy those two and then watch a let's play of Leviathan and Omega.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still charge near full price for the DLC? Must be those bloody bioware points they used spooking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They still charge near full price for the DLC? Must be those bloody bioware points they used spooking.
    Yep and unfortunately there is no season pass or GotY edition to bundle it all together for a cheaper price. If you wanted all the major DLC for it, it'd b 60 bucks. Which is pretty steep for DLC for an older game. Especially when you can probably get the game itself for 10 bucks at Gamestop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep and unfortunately there is no season pass or GotY edition to bundle it all together for a cheaper price. If you wanted all the major DLC for it, it'd b 60 bucks. Which is pretty steep for DLC for an older game. Especially when you can probably get the game itself for 10 bucks at Gamestop.
    Well, the game is just 3 years old, and the most recent DLC (Citadel) is 2 years old. I wouldn't consider it "older" - the game plays today just as well as it did back then.

Frankly, I do not understand the whole idea around older games sold cheaper. Why would they be cheaper? It is not like a game turns from good into bad with time or something. I can understand dropping the price of a game that few people play anymore, so selling it for $60 doesn't make sense if no one is going to buy it - but a 3 y/o game, IMO, should cost exactly as much as it did upon release.

I paid $150 or so for 3 games with all DLCs this May (before I played on my friend's account), and didn't regret a penny spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is really that they are selling the DLC for the game for over 60 bucks while the main game can be had for 10 before sales, even though the game have vastly more content than all the DLC packs combined and probably was less costly to produce the DLC at the same time, If you can't see the problem with the reasoning going on from EA there its no use having a conversation about it.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-06-22 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my issue isn't really with the fact that they are charging a lot of money, it's more that they are charging me more for the DLC than it costs to buy the entire game, hell more than the entire trilogy.

Although admittedly a lot of DLC is like that. The price drops for DLC is a lot slower.