Thread: [TV] Killjoys.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Killjoys.

Anyone catch the pilot last night? I just finished watching and I have to say I'm impressed.

Dutch and John both seem like solid characters, the world (while a LITTLE derivative) is interesting and I'd like to find out more about it and while the plot of this episode was fairly simple, I'm guessing that's because it was the first episode and it was more about establishing characters and the world over giving us an intricate plot to pick at.

I'll be watching next week for sure.

Look away now all you who haven't seen the episode, because from here on, there be SPOILERS.

I don't like the D'avin character... I can just SEE the love triangle brewing between him, John and Dutch and frankly... I don't care.

That creepy old guy that healed Dutch after her poisoning was very interesting (I wonder if he plays the same character as he does on Dark Matter lol), I originally thought he was Dutch's father, but if he IS then he's got some serious issues.

The red boxes... Anyone else think that the box from the end contained D'avin's picture and at some point John is going to have to decide between Dutch and D'avin?

Can't wait to find out more!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I watched it last night, it was pretty good. I think it'll take a few more episodes to really get a feel for the characters. It's nice to see Syfy actually making science fiction shows again. Dark Matter seems decent so far too.

Watched it last night. Was pretty good. Will be watching it every week even if it goes down the crapper. There isnt much else to watch on Fridays...

A bit of a slow start for me but rapidly got better. Dutch showing up and releasing the mechanical spider explosives then kicking ass was pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that bit screamed "This is made for the advert, look how awesome this chick is!".

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what Syfi was thinking with this show and Dark Matter but it'll have to do until Expanse comes out.

So far I'm liking this over Dark Matter. It has more variety, there are more surroundings, more stuff, more background. I hope they both do good though.

It almost feels like a Telltale video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    So far I'm liking this over Dark Matter. It has more variety, there are more surroundings, more stuff, more background. I hope they both do good though.
    Hell yeah, I feel bad even comparing them. Killjoys I think has a real chance to go the distance and become a great show, Dark Matter I will be surprised if it gets picked up for a second season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh but that girl is gorgeous. I'll give it to a few episodes to decide whether I keep watching, unless it's cancelled before then lel.

Deleted
    Definitely a step up from Dark Matter, and seems like it might have some potential, as long as there's not too much of the "oh hey look at me I'm a sexy chick walking in slow motion" -crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Meh but that girl is gorgeous.
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Definitely a step up from Dark Matter, and seems like it might have some potential, as long as there's not too much of the "oh hey look at me I'm a sexy chick walking in slow motion" -crap.
    Agreed. We get it, Dutch is awesome, and that's awesome. However if they resort to cheap "Slow mo kung fu awesomeness" then it'll just seem cheap. It's totally possible to be badass and not be over the top about it.

Perfect examples are Kara Thrace, Aeryn Sun and Zoe Washburn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second episode was VERY good. Story was a LITTLE generic, but it's still in the formative stages of the season so that's to be expected. After last week we needed a "This is was D'avin is awesome and deserves a spot on the cast" episode and that's just what we got.

That ending though... Just WTF is Dutch's deal? Can't wait to find out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Phayde View Post
    I watched it last night, it was pretty good. I think it'll take a few more episodes to really get a feel for the characters. It's nice to see Syfy actually making science fiction shows again. Dark Matter seems decent so far too.
    I watched the pilot and liked it well enough, we have it recording. As for Dark Matter, not sure if we got some wires crossed, but I had thought one of these two shows was to debut later (like this week) but the DVR had like 4 episodes of Dark Matter available to recording coming up. I haven't seen it yet, but seems promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I watched the pilot and liked it well enough, we have it recording. As for Dark Matter, not sure if we got some wires crossed, but I had thought one of these two shows was to debut later (like this week) but the DVR had like 4 episodes of Dark Matter available to recording coming up. I haven't seen it yet, but seems promising.
    Dark Matter premiered a week or two before Killjoys.

I liked the first episode well enough. The second episode made me lose interest though. Dark Matter I still follow, I find it to be a solid show with the whole unsolved mystery aspect of it.

Killjoys returns to Syfy on July 1st at 9 pm.

so how was season 1? worth watching?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's not bad. A little odd, but watchable.

I'm hoping it was just starters shakes and second season is going to be a lot better.

First trailer for season 2