Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Danielps1 View Post
    Pixel Perfection is love Pixel Perfection is Life.

I think I wasted like 3 hours some days ago, because a frame of mine had like 3 frames inside it but they weren't perfectly aligned and fitting. So I literally spent 3 hours trying to make it perfect ._.

Semplice looks interesting I will try it, but where do I find the fitting license to it.

This is the only site I found the font on and I can't find any license information for when I want to republish the Interface somewhere.
    https://www.fontyukle.net/de/Semplice+Regular.ttf
    http://pixelfonts.style-force.net/ appears to have that font and others posted by the original author, but the nearest thing to a license only says that they are free for personal use.
    If that is the author though, they should be able to answer any further questions about redistribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielps1 View Post
    God I doubt the Chat would be very readable with that font everywhere.

I think its a problem with the outline. The THINOUTLINE is really blurry. I need to re-do all fonts with a SetShadow or however that thing is called
    the outline is blurry because your font size is not correct. ive used that font before with outline and its very crisp at the right size.

how do you guys determine length and height for unit frames? I always seem to have trouble having a nice ratio between health/power. Do you guys base it on screen resolution or just what looks good? I was going to post my UI, but then i remembered i deleted it and just installed LUI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    how do you guys determine length and height for unit frames? I always seem to have trouble having a nice ratio between health/power. Do you guys base it on screen resolution or just what looks good? I was going to post my UI, but then i remembered i deleted it and just installed LUI
    Hmm, I think it depends on the rest of the Interface. Like what shapes and heights you use in the rest of the Interface.
    But something like a 80:20 ratio is always looking good for me. (Health:Power)

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    For the ratio of height and width, whatever looks nice to you and accommodates any text you plan to have on/next to the frame. Likewise if you intend to have aura icon rows along side the unit frame then that is a consideration.

The health bar is obviously important for everyone, the power bar on the other hand depends on class. For some classes it is very dynamic and important, for others it barely matters.

For the size of the entire frame, it depends how close to the centre you have it. If it's very near to your character (and hence where your eyes will be a lot of the time), it can be pretty small. The closer to the edge of the screen it gets, the larger it has to be (as a lot of the time it will be in your peripheral vision).
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2015-06-27 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bran View Post
    Perhaps I will try an off-centre layout. As a creature of habit, I've never been comfortable with having my raidframes anywhere other than directly below my feet. I still struggle with toxic tunnel vision sometimes so I feel as though having them as close to my character as possible still allows for a peripheral view of my feet.

In combat:

Out of Combat, In group:

Gave my ui a bit of a facelift since the last time I posted.
    Man.. what are those Unit Frames? It reminds me of Elv UI but i know you cant customize them to look like that... Also what is your raid frame ui? Id realy like to know as im getting sick with SUF.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horehound View Post
    Man.. what are those Unit Frames? It reminds me of Elv UI but i know you cant customize them to look like that... Also what is your raid frame ui? Id realy like to know as im getting sick with SUF.
    The unit frames are STUF and I use grid2 for my raid frames. You can get the settings here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-Disc-Priests.

Updated for 6.2

Dont like it? dont comment, trying to keep thread alive a lil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Updated for 6.2

Look's a bit like a skullflower edit I would do (no offense; elvui and elvui edits seem a bit disliked here).
    Overall: Nice UI!

Am I correct in the assumption, that you use die Nameplates for identifying the Target? since your Target Frame is missing a name.
    As a ranged I still sometimes feel the need for a Name on the Target Frame.

Also, is there a good alternative to sFilter Spells? I use it a lot, since I can't get WA set up properly with low time effort, but it hasn't been updated to 6.2.

Deleted
    Updated for 6.2

I like it, i noticed it's a edit of Skullflowers, but i'd be interested in trying that UI if you're uploading it anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by fourk3y View Post

Also, is there a good alternative to sFilter Spells? I use it a lot, since I can't get WA set up properly with low time effort, but it hasn't been updated to 6.2.
    To fix sFilter for 6.2 you only have to remove the removed spells (Amplify Magic + Aspect of the Fox) it should work after doing so!

@Sunnydee

Although it is a skullflower-edit i like your UF's more!

Latest version of my UI, decided to release v2.0.0 a bit earlier, cuz got a feeling that v1.4.1 needed an update, brand new design, new textures, few things are still WIP, hehe...

Now I'm mostly focused on in-game config implementation, and I need to fix my combo bar ASAP, after I started playing rogue, I realised that having it on target frame, thus far away from energy bar in my case, is not the best solution

Look's a bit like a skullflower edit I would do (no offense; elvui and elvui edits seem a bit disliked here).
    Overall: Nice UI!
    Am I correct in the assumption, that you use die Nameplates for identifying the Target? since your Target Frame is missing a name.
    As a ranged I still sometimes feel the need for a Name on the Target Frame.
    I've always loved Skulls ui but i dont like the "maybe if i play with someone elses ui i play better or whatever reason", i like to build my shit up myself.

So yeah ive had a glance or 2 on his UI while making this + the texture is his.
    Name on targetframe is mouseover since its so rare i need to look for it there, Usually you can see good enough what you are targeting by the healthbar above the targets highlighted and/or boss frame on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I like it, i noticed it's a edit of Skullflowers, but i'd be interested in trying that UI if you're uploading it anywhere
    thanks, still not super happy but thats stuff you cant see. can PM you if i upload it soon.

Slight layout change for version 1.2 of KaitUI (which is not released yet, but will be soon as there aren't that many changes).

It's basically just an extra bar under the main one, which was the number one thing people who use my UI add to it, so I figured I might as well accommodate it.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2015-06-29 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Slight layout change for version 1.2 of KaitUI (which is not released yet, but will be soon as there aren't that many changes).
    It's basically just an extra bar under the main one, which was the number one thing people who use my UI add to it, so I figured I might as well accommodate it.
    Overall a very nice UI!
    I really dig the way you did your timers in the combat screenshot on wowi.
    Although I'm not a fan of the extra bar, I understand why people would add one.

Mine:
    i.imgur . com/ L99LdMC.jpg (postcounter says I'm not allowed to post links)
    still needs a lot of work, right now it's more functional than pretty (i stole mouseover target name)

7+ Year Old Account
    Overall a very nice UI!

Mine:
    http://i.imgur.com/L99LdMC.jpg (postcounter says I'm not allowed to post links)
    still needs a lot of work, right now it's more functional than pretty (i stole mouseover target name)
    Fixed for you . Nice work btw.

Overall a very nice UI!
    Ye I'm not really a fan of it either, but it seems lots of people struggle to play with a really stripped down need-to-know interface, so I added it in for mass usability. It looks ok i guess.

Mine:
    i.imgur.com/L99LdMC.jpg (postcounter says I'm not allowed to post links)
    Cool unit frames :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    but it seems lots of people struggle to play with a really stripped down need-to-know interface
    Not everyone is a hunter huehuheueh

Deleted
    Just joined a random Imperator pug only to make a short action video of my UI.
    Needs some fixing but in overall I'm happy with it.

Not everyone is a hunter huehuheueh
    hee hee. The irony is, most the people who spoke to me regarding "needing" more bars were PvEers. lol. Over half of the cooldowns on my 1-bar setup were PvP only abilities. I'm pretty sure they either didn't quite get how the timer bars were supposed to be setup (which is fair enough), or they just really liked having their hearthstone icon on screen all the time :-) (also fair enough).